Keep On, Keepin' On...

Good lifting here, what are your stats? What program are you following if I may ask?

It is working.

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:
Great benching, squats and deads SG. Congratz on the multiple PRs! Breaking past 400# is a big deal. And it looks like 500# will soon fall on deads.[/quote]

Thanks brother, I certainly hope so. 500 on deads would be similar to an orgasm , haha ok , maybe not…but…

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:
Good lifting here, what are your stats? What program are you following if I may ask?

It is working.[/quote]

Thanks. I’m 37 yrs old. 5’5" around 225 lbs right now. Ive been training “seriously” for the past 3 - 4 years (by this I mean incorporating lower body work … ie deads & squats).

My workout is based on this … Sheiko template (modified to suit me (no gear) thru help from a friend)

Day 1
Bench - Repetition Sequence - typically working up to 5-7 working sets of 3-2 between 80-90%

Squat - same as above

Bench - Secondary movement - this movement serves the overload purpose usually working up to 4-5 sets of 3-4 reps between 70-75%

Day 2
Deadlift Movement - Either preparatory sets and reps in the 70-75% for 4 sets of 2-4 reps or Repetition Sequence

Bench Press - Pyramid “marathon” - this is brutal without the GPP, can be up to 30 sets of 90 reps total at times working from 50-85%

Deadlift Movement - Same as #1, just depends on order of percentages for that working day

*the order of preparatory work and sequence work varies from week to week, when the prep work begins the day this forces you to work your Sequence volume work in a tired state, creating a higher work capacity and forcing the CNS to compensate or be recruited further, hopefully.

Day 3
Squat - Repetition Sequence

Bench Press - Repetition sequence

Squat - Secondary movement

Day 4
Deadlift - preparatory work

Bench Accessory work - i.e. overhead press, incline press, floor press, dips or weighted pushups

Deadlift - typically off blocks or standing on blocks

Fixed ^^^^ there. Any questions about routine ask. Ill try to help as best as I can.

July 10

(Deload)

Sumo Deads 2x3x295 (60%) 3x2x345 (70%)
Bench 2x3x225 (60%) 3x3x265 (75%) 2x2x295 (80%)

I had some arm fun. I never do a “arm day” so I did 9 sets of bi shit and 9 sets of tri stuff. It was fun.

Since you are Canadian assuming you have competed CPU geared, or something similar?

Great work. And your program looks like a bear! I was visualizing it as I read through it. I need another deload week, just from reading it…

[quote]PeteS wrote:
Since you are Canadian assuming you have competed CPU geared, or something similar? [/quote]

No sir. I have never competed in any meet. I use no gear, unless bands & boards count as gear. Every lift I do is “raw”. I strictly do this for myself, to get stronger. I enjoy pushing myself.

To be honest, I suffer abit with anxiety, and would be more than afraid to ever go in a meet.

Great work. And your program looks like a bear! I was visualizing it as I read through it. I need another deload week, just from reading it…[/quote]

Hahaha. A couple of the days (especially day 2) are killer. But I enjoy and mostly look forward to getting to the gym to do this work. As fat as I am, I cannot believe how well I can manage these days, haha.

I have tweaked certain parts of the routine, to try and focus more on my weaknesses, but essentially it is the same.

Some pre-hab work here. Band pullaparts, external rotations, tri-pressdowns, hammer curls & pullthrus 3x10.

Also watched my son flip a car tire 20 times. He liked it.

Fun stuff.

July 11 (w1/d1)

wu 10mins bike
chin ups 4x8

1 Board Bench (80%) 300x6x3
Speed Full Power Squats (70%) 285x5x3
3 Board Bench (85%) 335x4x4

band flies 2x10
jm press 3x15/12/10
cable curls 3x10

Nice easy day.

^^^ looking good

Hey Scott, have you done any meets? You mentioned that there aren’t any clubs out your way. If you go on the Ontario PL site, there’s a list of all the clubs in Ontario. Based on the way you train, it appears to be an interest.

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:
^^^ looking good[/quote]

Thank you. Everything felt relatively easy yesterday.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Hey Scott, have you done any meets? You mentioned that there aren’t any clubs out your way. If you go on the Ontario PL site, there’s a list of all the clubs in Ontario. Based on the way you train, it appears to be an interest. [/quote]

I have never done any meet. To be honest I have never had a interest (but thats more outta me being nervous/scared I think). I never knew there was an Ontario PL site, thanks. I will definately check it out. I enjoy the PL way of lifting very much , never to return to a bodybuilding split again, haha.

July 12

band ext. rotations 3x10
band pullaparts 3x10
band tri pressdowns 3x15
band curls 3x15
band GM’s 3x10

[quote]scottgomez wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Hey Scott, have you done any meets? You mentioned that there aren’t any clubs out your way. If you go on the Ontario PL site, there’s a list of all the clubs in Ontario. Based on the way you train, it appears to be an interest. [/quote]

I have never done any meet. To be honest I have never had a interest (but thats more outta me being nervous/scared I think). I never knew there was an Ontario PL site, thanks. I will definately check it out. I enjoy the PL way of lifting very much , never to return to a bodybuilding split again, haha.[/quote]

Yeah…the PL way is the way to go. It is just difficult to convince oneself that less is sometimes more. At least it was for me.

BTW - very nice work!

[quote]scottgomez wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

I have never done any meet. To be honest I have never had a interest (but thats more outta me being nervous/scared I think). I never knew there was an Ontario PL site, thanks. I will definately check it out. I enjoy the PL way of lifting very much , never to return to a bodybuilding split again, haha.[/quote]

Yeah…the PL way is the way to go. It is just difficult to convince oneself that less is sometimes more. At least it was for me.

BTW - very nice work![/quote]

Thanks, and you’re so right, it was (is) hard to convince myself less is more. Sometimes I still go overboard.

July 13 (w1/d2)

pull-ups 4x6
crunches 6x15

Sumo Deadlifts (80%) 395x6x3
Pyramid Bench (50/60/75/85%) 185x5/225x2x5/275x2x4/305x2x3/275x2x5/225x2x7/185x10 (all with 30s-60s rest)
Conv. Platform Deadlifts 345x3x3 (about 4 - 5")
GM 225x3x5

facepulls 3x12

Real humid today. I musta dropped ten pounds in sweat.

July 15 (w1/d3)

cg bar rows 5x8

Full Power Squat 325x5x3 (80%)
Speed Bench (banded) 175x9x3 (47%)
Rack Squats (above parallel) 515x4x3

lying leg curl 2x15
band leg curl 2x10