KD13 Not Very Strongman

Fst-7?

Do you have a training plan for your 5k? The Hyperformance podcast which I found through @j4gga2 seems to have a solid one but I’m still building to a 5k without any old injuries blowing out. But that program is high on my agenda once the ice clears.

I mean, clearly you are improving as is but just trying to make conversation I guess

1 Like

Yeah fst7, found a general outline so just having a play with it. Nice to bump volume for a while as I have been on the lower end of late.

I found a running training plan but have yet to implement it as of yet. I don’t have the days available to fully commit to it. For now just getting some kms in at a pace below 4.30 and running some flat out kms is doing wonders. Before 4.30 felt a real push but now I’m running 4.10s without realising it. When progress stalls I will follow a plan by someone who knows better than me!

1 Like

Thanks, that was a steady one too! I purposely told myself slow down a fair few times and didn’t sprint finish either, but interesting my sprint finish segment was 1 second faster than last time when I went balls to the wall and nearly passed put crossing the line :rofl:

1 Like

Broke 21 minutes!

The route is a 2.5km loop ran twice. So there is a gradual up hill on kms 2 and 4. Km 2 and 4 splits are 10 seconds ish slower so I think I would be 20 secs closer to my target just running a flat race.

8 Likes

New years resolution is to squat regularly!

Treated myself to an Again Faster folding rack so I can now barbell squat and bench. Folds flat to the wall when not in use so doesn’t take up valuable floor space. Very solid bit of kit! Need a longer bar as mine is mine little short.

I need to chop 2in off the top of the rack as it’s catching the rafters when trying to fold it away but that’s a job for another day, at least I can squat in it tonight.

5 Likes

All sorted and now folds away.

Started on Paul Carter Guaranteed muscle mass. Time to get the barbell lifts back in for a while!

6 Likes

Nice rack and can’t go wrong with Paul stuff. Going to be a good start to the year :muscle:

Yeah its one of my favorite routines, not done it in years so fired up to be doing again.

Only probs I have is no leg press, but read that Paul substituted that for heals elevated trap bar so that’s solved. Then it’s just the 350 lat pull down, I tried subbing for chins but although it’s a strong exercise for me I’m not hitting any where near 50 reps after the rows!

3 Likes

Isn’t that the program with the 20 rep squats?

1 Like

Kinda. Lower body 1 has over warm up then an AMRAP, then a second set after a minute to try and get 50% extra reps, says to up weight when hitting 18-20 reps, ive always assumed that’s in the first set. Then same again with front squat on Lower 2.

I’ve started at 12 reps, so will be a little while before that’s 20 lol.

2 Likes

This past weeks training has alerted me to the fact I’ve been in my comfort zone for too long. These sessions have kicked my arse, not felt this much doms in a long long time!

Front squats were ok last night, my obliques know about it today. 23 reps on the first set of the trap bar deadlifts took some will power but powered through.

4 Likes

Thats another squat session down, going to need to starts a thread about buying jeans in no time. Rep prs on all sets.

Been getting glute / hip pain whilst running. I’ve looked into it and it seems to be glute mediuos weakness. Doing the unilateral work has been very wobbly on the same side, knee caving in during split squats. I’m hoping this works it self out with all the lower body work but will keep an eye on it.

4 Likes

Killing the sessions at the minute, feeling strong on the heavier over warm ups and gaining a good chunk of reps on the rep work. Putting in the work with the fork too so hoping to keep things moving in the right direction.

New toy for the gym

20220112_191430

Felt pretty solid, don’t have to go outside to dip now which is a bonus. Spotter arms are out of stock still and rather expensive, so tempted to buy some cheaper ones that are 60x60 and cut and weld them.

4 Likes

Front squats finished, my shitty bar has no knurling in the middle which was a bit slippy last time. Then I remembered I have the bad boy…sticky gecko chest! Helped a lot!

Going to attempt to build some plate storage over the weekend.

3 Likes

Was looking at lat pull down/cable options but just don’t think I have the space atm. So decided to buy a pully to hook up to my chin bar, as I will be using it for high rep pull downs I shouldn’t need to put much weight on it so I’m hoping it holds up and works OK. Came with a rope but I have lat pull down bar from a multigym I had 15 years ago.

I’ve seen one rated at much higher weight that I can upgrade too if I like it.

That looks very similar to one I bought recently, the caribena clip broke the first time
I used it. I put a thicker one on it and it works - I only had 50lbs on it when it went and don’t remember there being a weight rating for it, which may be the problem.

Thanks for the heads up buddy, much appreciated. Will go steady with it! Pretty sure I have some carribeners spare from some resistance bands, will double them up if they are similar size :+1:

1 Like

Made some plate storage out of old bits of steel pipe and electrical conduit I had around and some scrap turbo parts for base plates. Prototype for now as I wanted to check best lenghts/strength and stuff. I think I may make one for the other side but space is tight and will need to not be in way when doing ring dips etc.

Very happy with the pully! Will do exactly what I want it for.

Really tempted to bite the bullet and switch to olympic bumper plates but only have space for a 6ft rackable bar, so will have less loading space so bumpers maybe not best idea. Will have too look at some measurements.

2 Likes

Solid bench session tonight despite a exhausting few days. Enjoying being able to bench, just need those spotters so I push a bit further safely.

Welded up this little bad boy. No more uncliping to up the weight…

4 Likes

Front squats were diabolical tonight, even on the lighter sets I was loosing the bar forward. On my rep work set the bar slid completely off my shoulders at 10 reps and I ended up doing 3 extra reps in a zercher until my bicep started to hurt. Absolutely not taxing the quads with that shitty display!

Made up for it by hitting 26 reps first set and 55 total on trap bar deadlift despite upping the weight from last week.

2 Likes