KD13 Not Very Strongman

On a more positive note, I’m looking kinda solid.

7 Likes

Would smash 10/10

Your log title doesn’t make sense- where’s the chub :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Haven’t you taken basic anatomy courses? Please don’t make me save that picture and draw a circle around his slight chub zone.

Edit: I’m starting to question his use of “chub” in his log title now :thinking:

My scales fat shamed me lol

2 Likes

All those precise measurements and scientificall big words only to end it with “slightly chubby” got me :joy:

3 Likes

Will get back to logging some sessions again, back and bicep night.

chin up
4x8 +5kg

ring row/pull up
2x12

db row lat focus
2x10
1 muscle round 6+6+6+6 10 sec rest

bat wings
2x12

db curls rack run
20kg down to 7.5kg to failure

negative chins
8x6sec

dead hang
Till I cry

3 Likes

been quiet for a while. All good mate ?

Yeah getting there, thanks for checking in.
Been lurking a bit so still been around and trying to catch up on everyone’s logs, hope your job change is going well buddy.

4 Likes

Job is good, still lots to do but much less stressful than the last place. I even got to catch up on TN in my lunch time.

6 days left until I run a half marathon, been a nice temporary change of training goal and its great to feel fit for the first time in a while.

I’ve lost 10lbs training for it and look no leaner, long runs and less weight sessions isn’t ideal! But never mind.

Raising a bit of money for a great cause too which is a bonus.

2 Likes

Good to see you are still breathing mate. Good luck with the half. I used to enjoy them when I could run.

1 Like

Yeah I’m looking forward to it. I’ve never been a runner, other than running for my sports I’ve never just ran for the goal of running. Did 20km which I was buzzing with on Sunday and will prob just rest now until race day.

1 Like

Good idea to not do much this week, maybe a short run like 2km really easy 3 days before. Walk a bit, eat some carbs through the week and relax.

Ran the half marathon a couple of weeks back, absolutely loved it as the atmosphere along the route was amazing. Will run the same event next year but that’s me done for running anything over 10k for now!

New running goal is a sub 20 minute 5k. I ran my first 5k race on sat, came 39th out of 340 runners with a time of 22.30, so some way to go but its defo doable and it has less impact on the muscle building/ joints than the longer runs.

Weight training wise I’m back to 3 sessions a week and looking pretty good shape. Will slowly try and push my weight up as its dropped pretty low over the past few months!

I know there are a few running folks on here so any advice for a fast 5k regarding training is very much welcomed.

6 Likes

Log name change!

current training goals
Run a sub 20 min 5k
Regain lost weight whilst staying lean

I know my logging has been none existent for a long while and won’t promise I will start logging frequently but thought I would lay out my current training week.

monday
Football

tuesday
Chest and bi
Incline db press 4x6-10
Flat db press 3x8-12
Fly 2x8-12
Press up on bars 7x8-12 (fst-7)
Some curls or something

wednesday
Training run, some fast kms or longer run at 4.30 pace.

thursday
Back and tri
Neutral chin weighted 4x6-8
Wide pull up 3x failure (band assist when reps below 8)
Single db row 3x8-12
Pull over 7x8-12 (fst-7)
Some triceps

friday
Rest day

sat
5k Race day or training run

sunday
Shoulders
Side laterals 3x12
Barbell press 4x 6-8
Front raise 2x 8-12
Db press 7x-8-12 (fst- 7)

So with the running not many days off but I go by feel and if I wanna miss a session or need an extra days rest then I do as I wish.

This week race results 40th out of 350 and a big pr for me breaking 22min…30seconds faster than my last outing.

4 Likes

Are you doing a 5k race most weekends then?

I’m shooting for every other weekend, its the Parkrun ones. I had heard about them before but never seen one, kinda expected 20 odd people and timing yourself but was shocked when it was over 300 runners, well organised with a time and full results leaderboard through the app.

2 Likes

Weight sessions going great, increased volume is leaving me pretty sore but weight is moving up and looking much fuller.

Race day today, timing seemed out on the results table, first time the result has differed greatly from my strava but is was that way on mine and also my mates so was defo a miss.

Was looking at running an even split pace of 4.20 with last km upped slightly. Started too fast, slowed down too much, then sped up too much again. Lol. But resulted in a massive pr.

Step closer to that sub 20!

4 Likes

Seeing some pretty quick improvements in that 5km time mate. Great work.

1 Like