pull over super set db/band
1 set

back extention
2x10

curls
Few sets just getting a pump

Are they bigger than my head yet?

2 Likes

Looking solid, does this now mean I have to add a Darlington routine somewhere within my year long arm challenge?!

Also loving the weights, doesnā€™t need to be fancy to get the job done .

It honestly has added some size to my triceps in a short time period, whether it will continue to work is yet to be seen but i will keep it in for now. Wish I had taken some measurements lol.

2 Likes

incline
30-12-18ish
That second 30 is never happening if truly pushing to failure. (Maybe easier on a machine) I think i could probably get to 20 reps in the middle but thay second 30 would still be no go.

fly
1x12 25kg

overhead extention
1x14 22kg

close hand
30-3-0 died a death so punished withā€¦
band push downs
1x failure

side laterals
3x12

goblet squat
30-10-30

2 Likes

deadlift
60kgx10
100kgx5
120kgx5
144kgx5

wide chin up
8/8/6/6

db row
1 set to failure

curls
1x10

negative chins
X8

incline
30-12-20
Progress is hard to track here but I feel like my chest is growing. May try an AMRAP next session.

fly
1x14 25kg

shoulder press
1x failure

side laterals
3x12

band push downs
All of them.
Triceps need a rest so just got a massive pump, nothing too strenuous.

Let there be light! Finally sorted my electrics out.

Sessions will be a bit more as and when I feel like it over the next couple of weeks. The ivf treatment is at the business end now so anxiety, stress, worry and the need to be there for my wife are at the peak.

5 Likes

Good luck dude. Hope things go well for both of you.

Good luck with that matey

@dagill2 @ChongLordUno thank you

1 Like

Good man, best of wishes for the treatment!

@alex_uk thank you

1 Like

Hey Kd, hope allā€™s going well with you and your wife?

1 Like

Thanks for checking in, i would like to say okay but honestly though things are not great. We are trying to come to terms with another failed treatment which realistically means the end of our ivf journey.

I wish I could say Iā€™ve excepted it but in reality Iā€™ve suffered a bit of a mental breakdown and although my mental health has been on the downturn gradually over the past 2 years, I canā€™t get passed this depression Iā€™m currently in. I need help but i donā€™t know what that is. I know exactly how lucky and blessed I am but I canā€™t help grieving the dream we are giving up on, I feel so shit about that.

Anyway, my training is going well so there is that!

Wow, really sorry to hear that, hard times. You shouldnā€™t feel bad for grieving hopes dashed, blessed life or not hopes dashed are a bitter pill to swallow. If youā€™re feeling that you are struggling and donā€™t know where to turn Iā€™d always recommend professional help, if it would ever help to talk with someone outside of your situation, feel free to let me know we can connect outside of the forum.

1 Like

Thank you, appreciate the offer. Iā€™m looking into counselling at the minute.

2 Likes

Sometimes a little chemical assistance is needed to break out of the depths of a depression. I hope that whatever professionals you get in touch with that you get the care that you need.

While it is fine to be thankful for what you do have,

given the situation your emotional response is entirely appropriate. Really, whatever the cause ā€” even if there isnā€™t a cause ā€” depression is plain bad and everything else in life be it good or bad just becomes this auxiliary thing, and by that I mean other circumstances does not offset depression once it rears its head.

Take care, and if you ever want to talk about feeling like shit I have an email in my bio you are free to use.

1 Like

Be careful about what you take, and regardless of what the the doc says, google the meds and see if there are wide spread issues when taking them.

My therapist suggested the same thing, just a little nudge to help you get through. RUINED MY LIFE. Iā€™d give ANYTHING to go back and just weather the storm without ā€œhelpā€.

Now I fully support a therapist, they are amazing! Just please be careful with the ones slingin pills.

2 Likes

Thank you. Every part of me wants to draw a line under all this, except whatā€™s what and move on. But then the reality of giving up just cripples me, It makes me breakdown. I want this for my wife and son more than I want it for me, that makes it so much harder.

All these years of fertilty treatments, heartbreaks, financial and career sacrifices to fund it all, the strain on our relationship etc have chipped away at me. Iā€™m just not the person I was but I need to get back.

To be fair, covid isnā€™t helping. All the things I need to do to get some of myself back i canā€™t do.

@wanna_be, I will be avoiding drugs for now but thanks for the heads up.