Just Met Markus Ruhl

I saw this guy outside a gym and really got impressed.

[quote]Jabbate wrote:
How the fuck does he smoke and still be a pro BBer?![/quote]

Smoking increases his lung capacity so it’s all for a reason!

[quote]rock27 wrote:
Jabbate wrote:
How the fuck does he smoke and still be a pro BBer?!

Smoking increases his lung capacity so it’s all for a reason![/quote]

Smoking is a goddamn national sport here in Germany it seems…
Same as for suffering from Diabetes and Cancer.

[quote]detazathoth wrote:

How can’t you not like him?

Markus Ruhl is the man.[/quote]

His wife could definitely beat my ass.

I met Jay Cutler this past summer. He was a nice guy, but with a handshake like a kitten’s.

Though I’m sure he could’ve picked me up and thrown me around Bam-bam style if he’d wanted to.

[quote]romperschompers wrote:
I met Jay Cutler this past summer. He was a nice guy, but with a handshake like a kitten’s.

[/quote]

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but kittens don’t have hands. Whatever you shook hands with was not a kitten. I’ve heard of people having encounters with a race of creatures that are half-man, half-kitten - they are known as ‘Mittens’…

[quote]rock27 wrote:
Jabbate wrote:

Smoking increases his lung capacity so it’s all for a reason![/quote]

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7504/semi9zk.jpg

[quote]trextacy wrote:
rock27 wrote:
Jabbate wrote:

Smoking increases his lung capacity so it’s all for a reason!

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7504/semi9zk.jpg
[/quote]

LOL

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
trextacy wrote:
SSC wrote:
trextacy wrote:
Im sorry, but Markus Ruhl is a disgusting human being.

Why? Because he doesn’t feel the need to shy away from letting nature run its course?

No, just everything about him that I’ve been exposed to. He’s an abomination to bodybuilding and the human form and THE example of what happens when you pump your body full of shit in some misguided effort to get larger than humanly fucking possible.

The burping/farting in front of everyone (in public, in front of his gf/workout partner, the poor bastard applying the spray tan, etc.) is funny once or twice, but after a while you just get the impression that he’s a gurgling, festering, witless, discourteous mass of useless disgusting flesh.

For what it’s worth: He is a rather nice guy in person.

And he can do 700+ on smith front presses/militaries with a super-wide grip for a double… Beat that :wink:

[/quote]

their is no way he can military press 700 plus on a smith.

id say the most he can mil is 405 for a max freeweights.

[quote]sickonstorm wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
trextacy wrote:
SSC wrote:
trextacy wrote:
Im sorry, but Markus Ruhl is a disgusting human being.

Why? Because he doesn’t feel the need to shy away from letting nature run its course?

No, just everything about him that I’ve been exposed to. He’s an abomination to bodybuilding and the human form and THE example of what happens when you pump your body full of shit in some misguided effort to get larger than humanly fucking possible.

The burping/farting in front of everyone (in public, in front of his gf/workout partner, the poor bastard applying the spray tan, etc.) is funny once or twice, but after a while you just get the impression that he’s a gurgling, festering, witless, discourteous mass of useless disgusting flesh.

For what it’s worth: He is a rather nice guy in person.

And he can do 700+ on smith front presses/militaries with a super-wide grip for a double… Beat that :wink:

id say the most he can mil is 405 for a max freeweights.[/quote]

Awesome post

Very insightful.

All of that coming from a 6’2" 170 pounder. Outstanding.

Bodybuilding.com wants you back.

[quote]roybot wrote:
romperschompers wrote:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but kittens don’t have hands. Whatever you shook hands with was not a kitten. I’ve heard of people having encounters with a race of creatures that are half-man, half-kitten - they are known as ‘Mittens’…
[/quote]

I just spat dip on my screen from that. jesus, i have to stop dipping while i read this site… its like the 3rd time now

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[/quote] Yeah, his delts are all fake anyway, right? I’m sure he got them from 15 lb side raises… [quote]
[/quote] You have something to base that opinion on? [quote]
Awesome post

Very insightful.

Bodybuilding.com wants you back. [/quote] ← I think they just banned him there.

lol@ mittens.

BONEZ217 wrote:

Yeah, his delts are all fake anyway, right? I’m sure he got them from 15 lb side raises…
You have something to base that opinion on?
Awesome post

Very insightful.

Bodybuilding.com wants you back. ← I think they just banned him there.

[/quote]
it doesnt matter how big his delts are hes not military pressing as a bber more than most powerlifters can deadlift.

Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

Yeah, his delts are all fake anyway, right? I’m sure he got them from 15 lb side raises…
Awesome post

Very insightful.

it doesnt matter how big his delts are hes not military pressing as a bber more than most powerlifters can deadlift.
[/quote]

It’s a smith high-incline/military with the widest possible grip. Seated.

And yeah, look at Jeremy Hoornstra… Who trains like a bodybuilder, competes in bodybuilding and has benched 700 raw, touch and go in the gym and and 615-675 in competition or so in the 242lb weightclass.

But hey, no bodybuilder could ever raw-bench more than most powerlifters deadlift, right?

Seeing as how you have all of 4 posts on here and your own numbers suggest that you are a complete beginner… Maybe you should consider that other people may know a bit more than you and gasp may be lifting a bit more as well?

Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

Awesome post

Very insightful.

[/quote]

oodles of fail ^

This is really an exercise that needs to be introduced to the wider public, Smith or free weight or whatever.

I know lots of guys have trouble with overhead pressing (I sure did) and it’s a movement that allows you to use superior leverage with stupid amounts of weight to build bigger, stronger shoulders in a fraction of the time it would take otherwise.

I worked out a wonky solution with a 0-90 incline bench and my power rack, and I’ve just been fucking around for the past few months, usually with not enough protein in me…and between this exercise and a couple sets of side laterals my shoulders have never been bigger or stronger.

Someone who cycled this exercise with a few others (strict DB press, push press, power squat push press etc) over a number of years would be able to build a truly retarded amount of mass and strength in the shoulder girdle…which is exactly what Ruhl has done.

Is it equivalent to a free weight strict standing military press? Of course not. But he’s not training for that. He’s training to get (in his case, stay) fucking huge, and in order to get fucking huge you have to train for it.

Doesn’t matter WHAT you do, as long as it works for your body type and you bust your ass.

sickonstorm wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

Awesome post

Very insightful.

And yeah, look at Jeremy Hoornstra… Who trains like a bodybuilder, competes in bodybuilding and has benched 700 raw, touch and go in the gym and and 615-675 in competition or so in the 242lb weightclass.

But hey, no bodybuilder could ever raw-bench more than most powerlifters deadlift, right?

Seeing as how you have all of 4 posts on here and your own numbers suggest that you are a complete beginner… Maybe you should consider that other people may know a bit more than you and gasp may be lifting a bit more as well?
[/quote]

yes a 275 bench and 415 deadlift at 6’2 170 and 19 really signifies im a beginner.

my number dont matter, its all about knowledge about the sport. ronnie coleman is undoubtebly the strongest bber alive today, fuck jackson. ronnie only mils 315x12 (and those are 1/4 reps. a smith machine doesnt add 400 pounds to your lifts.

i cant smith military press 500 pounds but i can bench 275. i doubt ruhl can press more than 450 so why would ibelieve he can smith military press 700 fucking pounds.

also thats gotta be pretty stupid using the widest grip possible shoulder injuies loi.

yes a 275 bench and 415 deadlift at 6’2 170 and 19 really signifies im a beginner. [/quote] It’s both done for 1 rep. I fail to see how that is impressive, especially in a bb context? [quote]

my number dont matter, its all about knowledge about the sport [/quote] Which you do not possess. [quote]. ronnie coleman is undoubtebly the strongest bber alive today [/quote] Not at all, though he is very strong. [quote], fuck jackson [/quote] Yeah, fuck a guy who can deadlift 800 at 220 and 242 in competition. What a weak little bitch… Ronnie did 2 bouncing reps with 800 while weighing 300something or so.[quote]. ronnie only mils 315x12 (and those are 1/4 reps. a smith machine doesnt add 400 pounds to your lifts. [/quote] Since when is Ronnie the epitome of shoulder-strength? Rühl has the biggest shoulders in bodybuilding from what I can tell… [quote]

i cant smith military press 500 pounds but i can bench 275 [/quote] Gee, really? [quote]. i doubt ruhl can press more than 450 [/quote]WHAT?[quote]so why would ibelieve he can smith military press 700 fucking pounds. [/quote] Twice even. Truth hurts, doesn’t it. [quote]

also thats gotta be pretty stupid using the widest grip possible shoulder injuies loi.[/quote] ← You’re really embarrassing yourself here. Let it go… I wonder if you even realize what exercise we are talking about.
Lueshi above has it right in his post…

Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
sickonstorm wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

Awesome post

Very insightful.

yes a 275 bench and 415 deadlift at 6’2 170 and 19 really signifies im a beginner.

my number dont matter, its all about knowledge about the sport. ronnie coleman is undoubtebly the strongest bber alive today, fuck jackson. ronnie only mils 315x12 (and those are 1/4 reps. a smith machine doesnt add 400 pounds to your lifts.

i cant smith military press 500 pounds but i can bench 275. i doubt ruhl can press more than 450 so why would ibelieve he can smith military press 700 fucking pounds.

also thats gotta be pretty stupid using the widest grip possible shoulder injuies loi.[/quote]

You’re out of your league. 6’2 170 LOL … pretty much the epitome of beginner.