Just Met Markus Ruhl

Just had to post the above and note that I acted quite similar to a giggling schoolgirl to see the man in all his size and glory.

Anybody else ever got a chance to see him or any other of your bodybuilding heroes in the flesh?

Was he farting and burping non-stop?

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/excuse_me?id=2754715&pageNo=0

Lol

I had just watched that video couple of days before going to see him. I slowly approached to shake his hand for fear of him eroding me with a fart!!

He is crazy for Diet Coke - he had like 4 or 5 bottles on a table in front of him. It’s no wonder he expells so much gas.

damn , he has a serious case of moon face in that interview.

Double chin and all. lol

My workout partner used to lift with Kim Chizevsky 20 years ago, and he remains in contact with Kim and Chad. They used to put on BB shows in Missouri and we’d talk to them and chat with whomever was guest posing, so I’ve been able to meet Mike Matarrazo, Ronnie Coleman, Shawn Ray, Nasser El Sonbaty, Vince Taylor, Lenda Murray, Vicky Gates, and Mike Francois.

By far the friendliest was Matarrazo followed by Nasser, both really nice guys.

Im sorry, but Markus Ruhl is a disgusting human being.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/excuse_me?id=2754715&pageNo=0

[/quote]

funny ass video

[quote]trextacy wrote:
Im sorry, but Markus Ruhl is a disgusting human being.[/quote]

Why? Because he doesn’t feel the need to shy away from letting nature run its course?

[quote]SSC wrote:
trextacy wrote:

Why? Because he doesn’t feel the need to shy away from letting nature run its course?[/quote]

No, just everything about him that I’ve been exposed to. He’s an abomination to bodybuilding and the human form and THE example of what happens when you pump your body full of shit in some misguided effort to get larger than humanly fucking possible.

The burping/farting in front of everyone (in public, in front of his gf/workout partner, the poor bastard applying the spray tan, etc.) is funny once or twice, but after a while you just get the impression that he’s a gurgling, festering, witless, discourteous mass of useless disgusting flesh.

[quote]trextacy wrote:
SSC wrote:
trextacy wrote:

Why? Because he doesn’t feel the need to shy away from letting nature run its course?

No, just everything about him that I’ve been exposed to. He’s an abomination to bodybuilding and the human form and THE example of what happens when you pump your body full of shit in some misguided effort to get larger than humanly fucking possible.

The burping/farting in front of everyone (in public, in front of his gf/workout partner, the poor bastard applying the spray tan, etc.) is funny once or twice, but after a while you just get the impression that he’s a gurgling, festering, witless, discourteous mass of useless disgusting flesh.[/quote]

For what it’s worth: He is a rather nice guy in person.

And he can do 700+ on smith front presses/militaries with a super-wide grip for a double… Beat that :wink:

[quote]trextacy wrote:
SSC wrote:
trextacy wrote:

The burping/farting in front of everyone (in public, in front of his gf/workout partner, the poor bastard applying the spray tan, etc.) is funny once or twice, but after a while you just get the impression that he’s a gurgling, festering, witless, discourteous mass of useless disgusting flesh.[/quote]

Say what you really feel!

I think you need to adjust your giveafuckometer, it’s quite simple;

Economic crisis should be about an 8.
Wars and stuff is a big fat 10.
Markus Ruhl should read 0.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
trextacy wrote:
SSC wrote:
trextacy wrote:

The burping/farting in front of everyone (in public, in front of his gf/workout partner, the poor bastard applying the spray tan, etc.) is funny once or twice, but after a while you just get the impression that he’s a gurgling, festering, witless, discourteous mass of useless disgusting flesh.

And he can do 700+ on smith front presses/militaries with a super-wide grip for a double… Beat that :wink:

[/quote]

LOL- that is strong. And I’m sure he is a nice guy. I just get on a roll sometimes. For whatever reason, he has always gotten on my nerves and, from a physique standpoint, represents all that is wrong with bodybuilding today. It’s just a gut (pun intended) reaction to some (most) of the pics/footage I’ve seen of him.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
trextacy wrote:
SSC wrote:
trextacy wrote:

[/quote]

Ya he is a very nice fella in person. And he didn’t burp or fart once!

But all joking aside BB has changed since the days of the days of Arnie with the smaller waists and whatnot. The game is now dictated by the masses of people shouting for more and more size. Personally I think he has done quite a good job of that.

It’s absolutely incredible to meet him in person.

[quote]trextacy wrote:
SSC wrote:
trextacy wrote:

Fair enough. I think it’s a bit rash to call someone a “disgusting human being” without ever meeting them, though.

…unless we’re talking about Joe Lieberman or something.

Anyway, sorry about the hijack, I hope to meet a (current or former) IFBBer someday.

i actually just sat next to vic martinez yesterday and i was jealous haha

[quote]Joe D. wrote:
trextacy wrote:
SSC wrote:
trextacy wrote:

Say what you really feel!

I think you need to adjust your giveafuckometer, it’s quite simple;

Economic crisis should be about an 8.
Wars and stuff is a big fat 10.
Markus Ruhl should read 0.[/quote]

LOL. Can I use that?

HAHAHAHAHA what a gasy beast

[quote]trextacy wrote:
LOL- that is strong. And I’m sure he is a nice guy. I just get on a roll sometimes. For whatever reason, he has always gotten on my nerves and, from a physique standpoint, represents all that is wrong with bodybuilding today. It’s just a gut (pun intended) reaction to some (most) of the pics/footage I’ve seen of him.[/quote]

Well, he can’t really do anything about the way he is proportioned…

Even in the earliest footage of him training (or flexing in his room as a kid), he had gigantic shoulders compared to the rest but a somewhat blocky waist (though he often has full abs visible in the off-season, despite the added weight… Weird genes for sure), high-peaked biceps, abysmal triceps and too little backwidth/thickness…

I see what you mean about his physique, but yeah… That’s more of a genetic thing than anything else. Of course he could have stayed natural, I guess, but he has a huge fanbase as an IFBB pro/ex pro and is actually fairly well liked in general…

Now he owns a huge gym somewhere in Germany and still does lots of guest-posing, mag articles and what-have-you.

Was presented with a chance and took it, can’t blame him for that :slight_smile: