Jake Gyllenhaal used Surge to get in shape for Road House

Jake Gyllenhaal used Surge to get in shape for Road House. Here's text between Jake's trainer Jason Walsh and Biotest CEO Tim Patterson:

Jason Walsh: Jake Gyllenhaal's article and video are being released tomorrow (3/19/24), which correlates with Amazon's release of Road House. I speak about Surge being the lifesaver for people like Jake needing carbohydrates while running on very low body fat.

Tim Patterson: Thank you for your gracious mention of Surge. It's very much appreciated. Your CHO advice is spot-on and well-needed.

Jason Walsh: Honestly, Surge saved us while shooting. Jake's body fat undulated from 5% to 6-7% for a long time. Surge was his fuel!

Here's where Jason talks about Surge in a Men's Health video:

Amazon releases Road House on March 21st. Here's the link:

Watch Road House at Amazon

Buy Surge at Amazon

T Nation earns from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate. Read about our policy.

4 Likes

That’s awesome! I don’t know that Jake gets enough credit for how jacked he’s been in a string of movies.

3 Likes

Well, dang. This is impressive and super cool.

2 Likes

Agreed!

3 Likes

This is awesome. I do agree, Surge is great stuff. Wonder if he used Mag-10 as well?

I’ve been putting on very lean muscle over the last 2 months with Mag-10.

3 Likes

Fun Fact: Ronda Rousey was originally cast for this remake in 2015, but was dropped from the project a year later.

2 Likes

Dude, thank God.

4 Likes

I don’t think they should have remade this one, period. Swayze WAS Dalton. And, nobody will replace Sam Elliott saying… The Double Douche. :yum:

4 Likes

Was going to make a separate thread; however, what all do you think he was running, aside from Surge, as a 43 year old man in order to achieve this physique? Saw the movie last night and was blown away by what he achieved.

2 Likes

they are eliminating my childhood one movie at a time

I went back and watched the lee majors fall guy intro and I forgot how much I loved chevy trucks jumping 20 ft high and traveling what looks like an eighth of a mile, landing and still driving

I watched Road House. It is a strange combination of tongue and cheek and slightly corny. The characters were caricatures of big bads, good guys, people who need help that I am familiar with.

4 Likes

It’s almost like they can’t think of anything new on their own. :thinking::rofl:

I just watched the trailer for The Fall Guy. Ho hum. Looks like just another slap stick remake. Yuck.

2 Likes

They are trying to make money. Based on the past, they’ve had a good run with remakes, sequels and superhero movies. I think it is drying up, and people have lost interest a bit, and want to see something new.

I do think some of the loss of interest in these remakes, sequels and superhero movies is related to the movies just being worse quality / bad writing (on average of course). I’ve seen a few movies recently that had potential, but they just didn’t execute.

1 Like

IMG_3133

3 Likes

Exactly!!!

1 Like

A-Team is one of my favorite movies.

I would like the right person to do six million dollar man. I went back and watched the Lee Major’s intro. Everything they did to him exists.

3 Likes

Agreed. Certain remakes I refuse to watch. Point Break was actually another Swayze one they remade for no reason I won’t watch.
The only modern remake I actually enjoyed was True Grit, but I still prefer the original.

3 Likes

I find it interesting to think movies shouldn’t be remade. Can’t we simply just not watch the remakes if we don’t care for them?

It reminds me of folks getting upset with Jim Wendler for releasing newer versions of 5/3/1. The existence of a new version doesn’t somehow invalidate the success of the old version.

Hell, I love Joan Jett, and never realized how many of “her” songs were covers until I watched a documentary on her. Went back and listened to those songs as they originally were performed. Some were great. Some, Joan did better.

2 Likes

The Dune movies are pretty solid compared to the original. Same goes for the Lord of the Rings movies. With those, they took movies that weren’t huge successes the first time around. I think the point you make with Point Break is the opposite of that. They took a classic movie and remade it. I’d rather they take a overlooked movie and have the remake be the classic.

3 Likes

Agreed. I don’t like remakes when the sole purpose is to do a sex/race/sexuality swap. But sometimes, a remake or re-imagining is pretty cool, especially when the special effects can be updated.

I watched Escape from New York for the first time since I was a kid. Loved it then. Great overall plot idea (Manhattan is a free-for-all maximum security prison!) but damn, it was pretty bad with 2024 adult eyes.

Funny thing about Road House, the original was always considered terrible, but it was “so bad it was good.”

giphy

7 Likes