Is This Forum Mainly Anti-AI While on TRT?

Influencing cholesterols takes really a looot of time

I think you’re lucky then.

I’m possibly an outlier, especially on this forum, but I’m pro AI in very conservative doses.

The problem for me isn’t recognizing the vast improvement in quality of life from reducing E2 by use of an AI, it’s maintaining and adjusting that AI dose to avoid taking E2 too low.

Case in point, I recently went 6+ months without an AI while using moderate dose of testosterone (105-125mg/week) with varying injection frequencies. My testosterone levels have been 1000+ and estrogen between 40-60.

I felt bloated, low energy, slightly depressed, and low libido while not using an AI. I also looked much older and less healthy when E2 was left unmanaged. I can clearly see this by comparing photos and by comments I’ve received.

Two weeks ago I added .125 arimidex 2x a week. Since then my quality of life has been much higher. My libido is up, my body feels lighter and leaner, sleep has improved, I’m not sweating constantly, and I have much more “drive”.

I’m not saying it’s actually healthier for me. I think all the studies show using an AI isn’t healthier. However quality of life is a critical variable to me.

I’ve had major issues in the past crashing my E2 and may have that happen again. That will be my main challenge while utilizing a low dose of an AI.

I’m not trying to convince anyone from using one if they feel good without it! I’m truly envious of those with higher E2 who are not using an AI and feel good. I simply am not one of those people unfortunately…

1 Like

You could’ve tried lowering your t dosage

1 Like

One thing most aren’t talking about here is diet and exercise. Are those that are having issues with E symptoms also living a healthy lifestyle? Eating right and trying to exercise? Or just adding testosterone to an already unhealthy lifestyle hoping it fixes everything?

Just wondering really what everyone’s diet/exercise is like in relation to feeling E2 symptoms.

2 Likes

To add @mtman, what is your body comp like?

I’m fairly lean. Not sure of bf% but attached a pic. I’m extremely active with work and training. I eat healthy, sleep enough. My biggest vise is drinking 2-3 drinks several nights a week. I’ve gone without but didn’t see any change in e2.

I really don’t think that’s my issue but agree those factors are essential.

For how long? E2 can take months to change. Alcohol definitely promotes androgen aromatization into estrogen.

Good point. Probably not long enough. Only 8 weeks.

I would go at least 90 days or more and get a baseline reading (sans AI) and then a reading towards the end. Personally I gave it up so that I could better manage my TRT/life but that isnt for everyone.

1 Like

E2 is cardioprotective. My lipids improved 15-20% since discontinuing anastrozole and letting E2 go up.

1 Like

I think new research is showing that we don’t know where AIs are blocking the conversion and at what receptors and this is one of the reasons why we think it is bad, if your getting E2 blocked in one part of your body but not in another then who knows what sort of issue you can run into down the line.

I watched a good video of a DR explaining this much better than I am now, I’ll try find the video and link it in.

Found it - TRT and Hormone Optimization: Interview with Dr. Jordan Grant - YouTube

That’s good to know! I’ll check again in 1 months time

@mtman I also felt a lot better on an AI, however, I never gave a non-AI protocol enough time to work. That’s what I’m fixing right now by doing a dailies protocol for at least 8 weeks.

Also, your body looks awesome. Were you able to achieve that while on TRT alone?

I’d agree with you there. Nice work on the physique.

Interesting you are feeling those symptoms. Just goes to show how different we really are. I’ve since changed my protocol about 2 weeks ago, but before the change I’d been taking 42mg EOD.

TT - 1312
FT - 249
Sensitive E2 - 49

I don’t feel any of those things you do. I’m definitely not as lean as you by a lot either, but working on it. Only difference is I’ve been working to cut beer out of my life and trying to eat less carbs…and those carbs I eat are low glycemic like quinoa, sweet potatoes, etc…

I will say, I did used to drink 2-3 beers a night too, maybe more. I used to brew my own beer regularly and would have at least one 5 gallon keg on tap in my garage at all times. I didn’t even realize how bloated and shitty I felt until I stopped all that. Now, it’s maybe a beer or 2 every 2 weeks for an occasion. No more “sitting around and relaxing” beers any more.

I agree with @NH_Watts. Really challenge yourself to stop drinking and no AI for an extended period of time, knowing it’s going to get worse before it gets better. Hell, the time is going to pass by anyway, might as well try it once. If it doesn’t work, go back to what you’re doing now.

1 Like

This was me. Plus a fridge full of craft beer. If you ever want to take it to the next level I have a book for you but mentally there is no turning back.

Thanks @NH_Watts, I appreciate it. I have a feeling, from reading some of your posts, our lives and families share similarities.

Drinking has been woven into the fabric of my upringing and is still present everywhere to this day. There has never been a moment I can remember where alcohol wasn’t present in my life from an infant to 43. I have a picture of me in a high chair holding a Schlitz can up to my mouth…haha.

I’m slowly getting rid of it completely… Only one more holiday. After Christmas, I might take you up on that book.

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate that. Yes, TRT alone.

I’m in the same boat as you mate

1 Like