Intro Music

Damn this is a great thread! I wish had joined it earlier. I’m currently a professional wrestler-in training, so I have thought about this question a LOT. I have a few opinions about intro songs. Here goes: first of all, heavy metal is PLAYED OUT!! Sad to say, because I’ve been a metal head since the late 80s, when people thought G n R was heavy metal and fucking Jethro Tull won a Grammy over Metallica. Younger t-men may not know this, but there was a day when Metallica was a 4 letter word and the only Ozzy song on the radio was “Ironman”. The other day, I heard “crazy train’” on my local classic rock station! Mindblowing. One day I’ll hear Slayer in between Floyd and Hendrix and then… getting off topic there, sorry. OK, most wrestlers use metal music as an intro, so if I want to stand out, I have to choose something different. I’m leaning towards something smooth and sexy, with a good beat, like “Smooth operator” or this george Michael/ WHAM song, I can’t remember the name, only the chorus. I’m also considering various marches and royal intros from the world of classical music. Another possibility might be some hard techno or dance songs. The problem with those is they get old real fast! See, I need something that is memorable, like Flair’s intro which is from 2001:Space Odyssey. That is the best lead-in song ever, in my opinion. It’s dramatic, beautiful, and builds anticipation. Rammstein is too generic, IMO.

Korn - Dead bodies everywhere! kick ass angry tune!

or anything by White Zombie!

Ummmmmm Detatchable Penis…forget who sings it. Heheh. Kidding of course…but that is a real song. You could of course fuck them up with…so what!!! But ghostface is right
fucking hostile is a good song. The Grudge…lots of Tool songs actually would be good. :slight_smile:

after thinking about it i reckon JUMP by Van Halen would be a great intro music. Those shitty keyboards at the start make a pretty good opening statement. Your signature move could be umm lemme think, something involving a jump ? heh

Al, I consider it one of my favorite movies of all time, but I haven’t heard many people talk about it around here…just me and a few friends who watch it on a nearly weekly basis.

And I’d probably go with disco science from that soundtrack.

I’m with using more hip-hop and less heavy metal, although it’s harder for a white guy like me. I’d try things like:

Bombs over Baghdad by Outkast
Break ya neck or Gimme some More by Busta Rhymes
There are also a ton of Limp Bizkit songs that are a mix of rap and heavy metal (Full Nelson, N2Gether or Rolling- which has been done).
You might also be able to find a techno remix of the theme from He-man or something, that’d be kind of cool.

It’s whatever can get you excited and gets the crowd into it.