Input on Sub Q Test Injections for TRT

I’ve been on TRT for a little over 12 weeks now. I have used PEDs off and on for the past 12 years. Since starting TRT I have been doing some additional research and keep coming across sub q injections. Anyone here administer their doses this way? And if so what benefits do you see?

I’m currently on 200 mg cyp per week that I break down into two weekly doses IM, as this is how I’ve always administered my test. Yes I’ve done some additional research on sub q but I am looking for some real life input from guys on this forum since I’ve always found useful Information here. Thanks in advance guys!

Here’s a thread. There’s a bunch More.

1 Like

Thanks

After about a year I went from IM to SQ.

After an adjustment period (the first week or two it felt like I hadn’t done my injections) everything was the same. Once I started feeling normal again, everything was the same. I had the same dosages resulting in the same lab numbers. The only difference was I didn’t have to shoot those deep IM injections anymore. I will never go back.

I’m so in love with half inch 29 gauge needles. My IM needles were an inch and half long at 21 gauge. Fuck that noise.

2 Likes

Sub Q is mo betta.

2 Likes

Dude my IM needle is 28g 1/2 inch

@dextermorgan

Even so, there’s still the issue of needing to worry about veins and aspiration. That’s something I haven’t even put a thought into for years now. All things being equal, SQ is just painless and less to think about.

I inject there every day (literally) and never had a problem. I don’t aspirate. I quit sub-q because of the knots that form over time. They eventually go away after a few months so not a big deal but I finally got abs didn’t want that cottage cheese look.

1 Like

Yeah, for some reason I can’t shoot into my stomach either. The tissue there just doesn’t like it one bit.

I tried SQ injections, I felt a surge of estrogen and will never attempt it again.

2 Likes

I switched to subQ (in the stomach) about 6 weeks ago after doing IM 3X per week for around a year. I don’t think I’ll be going back. I have not experienced any “lumps” that some of these guys are talking about, but I think that could have something to do with the fact that I switched to daily injections when I went to subQ, so the volume that I inject is very minuscule (0.11ml) compared to less frequent higher volume dosing.

Inject subq in buttocks alternating between left and right site. Buttocks have been described as the least vasculated of the subq sites therefore releasing T the slowest resulting in more stable serum levels.

The T ester isn’t cleaved in the subq space and T ester isn’t a substrate of the aromatase.

So far the theory, could well be different for some people.

@bmbrady77
I was doing daily sub-q when I got the lumps but in all honesty they weren’t visible to anyone even at low bf and they go away quickly. Daily sub-q is so easy and works really well.

@johann77
In surgery when you see the fatty area of the butt vs the stomach, the banal area looks like melted butter and the butt looks like a block of cheese. Makes sense. In the Dr Crisler sub-q tutorial video he talks about why the navel area is preferred for sub-q but I can’t remember what his reasoning was.

I hated SQ. Made me feel like absolute shit. Vertigo and dizziness etc. IM now and will never do SQ ever again.

*What kind of Test ? *
*I just did my first SQ yesterday in the stomach and now it’s red, warm and sensitive it’s Test E . *
Oh and one more thing, is yours really hard to plunge in ?