Inner Thigh

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
Sxio wrote:
Not convincing me. I did wide stance squats and the inside of my thighs grew much more than the outside. That convinced me.

This is just evidence that wide stance squats will hit your inner thighs to some extent; the conversation was whether wide stance were more inner thigh specific than narrow stance.[/quote]

No it’s about what exercises work that area.

DPH - only here I guess could someone try to turn this into a pissing contest. And a pic of platz is your evidence? Hahahaha.

How about, you be you, and I’ll be me. I’ll train my way, you train yours and we’ll both share our ‘wisdom’ as it may be and the readers can decide.

How about referring to Eric Cressey’s -
“Construction by Adduction”.

TNT

[quote]Sxio wrote:
cap’nsalty wrote:
Sxio wrote:
Not convincing me. I did wide stance squats and the inside of my thighs grew much more than the outside. That convinced me.

This is just evidence that wide stance squats will hit your inner thighs to some extent; the conversation was whether wide stance were more inner thigh specific than narrow stance.

DPH - only here I guess could someone try to turn this into a pissing contest. And a pic of platz is your evidence? Hahahaha.

How about, you be you, and I’ll be me. I’ll train my way, you train yours and we’ll both share our ‘wisdom’ as it may be and the readers can decide.
[/quote]

there is no ‘wisdom’ in saying wide stance squats are better for inner thigh hypertrophy…

[quote]DPH wrote:
Sxio wrote:
cap’nsalty wrote:
Sxio wrote:

This is just evidence that wide stance squats will hit your inner thighs to some extent; the conversation was whether wide stance were more inner thigh specific than narrow stance.

there is no ‘wisdom’ in saying wide stance squats are better for inner thigh hypertrophy…[/quote]

except for the fact that wide-stance squats ARE better for inner thigh hypertrophy when compared to narrow-stance squats.

McCaw, S and Melrose, D. Stance width and bar load effects on leg muscle activity during the parallel squat. Med Sci Sports & Exci. 1999. 31(3): 428-436.

If everyone puts their penis back in their pants, the findings of this study can shed some light on this immature little pissing contest.

Not taking sides or anything, but I personally feel a lot more stress on my ‘outer quad’.

Here’s my hypothesis:

If during the wide stance squat the inner portion being stretched more than in any other type of squat minimizes it’s capability to maximally contract, at least in comparison to the outer portion which is the least stretched… If this were true, then wouldn’t the body actually shift work output into the outer portion in order to prevent injury?

Conclusion: Could’ave sworn I read something to this effect somewheres, but it is equally likely that I am, in fact, chatting shit. :slight_smile:

[quote]Chris L wrote:
McCaw, S and Melrose, D. Stance width and bar load effects on leg muscle activity during the parallel squat. Med Sci Sports & Exci. 1999. 31(3): 428-436.

If everyone puts their penis back in their pants, the findings of this study can shed some light on this immature little pissing contest.[/quote]

…told you I was chatting shit. :smiley:

[quote]hueyOT wrote:
except for the fact that wide-stance squats ARE better for inner thigh hypertrophy when compared to narrow-stance squats.[/quote]

not if wide stance squats are done properly…

[quote]Chris L wrote:

If everyone puts their penis back in their pants, the findings of this study can shed some light on this immature little pissing contest.[/quote]

great, a study that does wide stance squatting incorrectly…

Har Har har har! So the study is flawed? Thank you, that is the best laugh I’ve had in a week. Congrats, you are now the best troll here I know!

[quote]DPH wrote:
there is no ‘wisdom’ in saying wide stance squats are better for inner thigh hypertrophy…[/quote]

You obviously possess no wisdom at all if you can’t even give someone else’s opinion credence. Especially when it’s backed up with science.

I wonder if you’re this pig headed in real life. If so, I hope that works out for you.

Anyway, I’m out. You’re a dickhead. But you’ve made that obvious. I hope you feel some satisfaction from typing out all your paragraphs about how you’re right and everyone else is wrong. And then got owned by the literature.

[quote]Sxio wrote:
Mate, you obviously possess no wisdom at all if you can’t even give someone else’s opinion credence at all.
[/quote]

opinions should have nothing to do with it…it’s as simple as doing the exersize properly…

yes, and it has…

why make this a personal issue? I’ve given what I think are valid reasons why wide stance squatting is no better for hypertrophy of the inner thigh than narrow stance squatting…

but you’re correct…I am a dick…

[quote]
I hope you feel some satisfaction from typing out all your paragraphs about how you’re right and everyone else is wrong. [/quote]

not everyone else is wrong…

it’s pretty simple…

forcing your knees and feet out HARD while wide stance squatting negates any extra muscle contraction of the inner thigh…

my position: do wide stance squats (if done properly) build your inner thigh muscle? sure, but no more so than regular stance squats do…

sorry I ruined your day!

P.S. studies that do the movement incorrectly are useless…

added…

do you flip-out every time someone challenges your belief system and start calling them derogatory names?

maybe I’m a complete idiot (the thought occurs to me regularly)…but I believe that challenging ideas is a good thing…accepting what others (even people with fancy titles like PhD.) say without any critical analysis of the situation can have you believing in alot of unsubstantiated B.S…

To the OP, I would go with lateral lunges or sideways lunges, whatever you want to call them. They work out the adductor muscles quite well. I remember seeing them recommended in the “exercises you’ve never tried.”

I wouldn’t like to say what I thought was a good inner thigh exercise.

And those valid reasons were? Because you don’t think so?

Some use this board to exchange ideas. Some use it to enforce their opinions on others. Which one are you DPH?

Re-read what you posted and you tell me where you provided valid examples. All you said was ‘you’re doing it wrong’.

[quote]Sxio wrote:
And those valid reasons were? Because you don’t think so?
[/quote]

jeehz…how many times do I have to write this?

DPH - “forcing your knees and feet out HARD while wide stance squatting negates any extra muscle contraction of the inner thigh”

you’re getting a bit dramatic again here…

tell me, how could I possible force you to accept my thoughts on this matter over the internet?

plus, your list of why people use this board is a little short…alot of people that use this board appear to be mentally unstable nut-cases that like to rant about a wide mixture of bizarre shit (I may possibly be one of them)…

[quote]
Re-read what you posted and you tell me where you provided valid examples. All you said was ‘you’re doing it wrong’. [/quote]

I said the following in previous posts…did you not catch it?

DPH - “forcing your knees and feet out HARD while wide stance squatting negates any extra muscle contraction of the inner thigh”

if you don’t accept it, fine…but quit alleging that I haven’t stated my case…

also…

we’re discussing muscle hypertrophy of the inner thigh…not exactly the most important topic in the world today (but maybe it is for you?)…

although I believe you are wrong, if you disagree with me it’s not the end of the world…

there’s certainly no reason for you to crap your pants and throw a shit fit because I have an opposing view on the matter…

relax…