If You're a Black American...

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
You have a 5% lifetime probability of being murdered.

Un-fucking-real.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/NC20Dj02.html

0.7% if you’re white[/quote]

Blacks have in many ways become the greatest direct persecutors of blacks. Of course circumstance has its origin in history, and American history has been, to put it very mildly, unkind to the black race.

But the most dangerous thing a black man can meet in a dark inner-city alley is, sadly, another black man. Eventually, somebody on the inside of the community is going to have to get as angry about that as about the legacy and vestiges of white racism.[/quote]

Yes, someone inside the black community is going to have to change this. Someone with authority, someone with real power. Hey wait…Obama is black…and we can’t count on him to do a damn thing about the problem. But he will sure keep the money flowing for the welfare queens of every color.

[/quote]

Obama cant take on Black issues. People would go crazy.

[/quote]
Obama takes on many issues that drive people crazy

If he tried this - it would at least make sense. And people would have to go much further to hate him for that

But he doesn’t…

pause
super serious face

Barack Obama doesn’t care about black people

How many of these murders have a white person involved in some way though?

Thinking of all the big time drug dealers ive met some were white. They never touched the drugs but had black kids run for them.

Those black kids would kill each other in business related incidents…

Some black on black crime isnt asvanilla as people want it to be
[/quote]
Heard lots of rumors about the drugs being imported by the CIA

Regardless, it doesn’t really make sense for it to be done by a bunch of GhanGsta’s at or barely above the street level

There are obviously stronger forces feeding it all

[quote]Karado wrote:
“How did Micheal Jackson get himself into that Star Wars pic?”

Not even close, I always thought the umasked Anakin Skywalker kinda resembled
Mr. Freeze from the BATMAN series.

http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Galleries/Batman%20Villains/batman-villain-preminger-sized.jpg[/quote]
NO NO NO, Anakin was really black, but turned white later in life. I don’t care what kinda racist propaganda Lucas is trying to foist on us.

If it all boils down to being located in the inner city then surely there must exist a medium-to-large black community with a below average crime/murder rate outside the inner city area?

I have thus far in this thread heroically refrained from explaining for the hundredth time why black America is in the shape it’s in and why it has nothing innately to do with being black… or any other anthropological strain.

Liberal Policies? pleasesay"bingo"pleasesay"bingo"pleasesay"bingo".

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
I have thus far in this thread heroically refrained from explaining for the hundredth time why black America is in the shape it’s in and why it has nothing innately to do with being black… or any other anthropological strain.[/quote]

I don’t think it has anything to do with being black either. But I do think its important to take a close look at this group of people and find out why this is happening in order to help stop this cycle of violence.

What issues uniquely effect their community that leads to this? Feels like the US government has failed this group of people. The average person should not have to live in a society where they have a 5% lifetime probability of being murdered.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
The average person should not have to live in a society where they have a 5% lifetime probability of being murdered.[/quote]

Can’t argue with that.

[quote]squating_bear wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
You have a 5% lifetime probability of being murdered.

Un-fucking-real.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/NC20Dj02.html

0.7% if you’re white[/quote]

Blacks have in many ways become the greatest direct persecutors of blacks. Of course circumstance has its origin in history, and American history has been, to put it very mildly, unkind to the black race.

But the most dangerous thing a black man can meet in a dark inner-city alley is, sadly, another black man. Eventually, somebody on the inside of the community is going to have to get as angry about that as about the legacy and vestiges of white racism.[/quote]

Yes, someone inside the black community is going to have to change this. Someone with authority, someone with real power. Hey wait…Obama is black…and we can’t count on him to do a damn thing about the problem. But he will sure keep the money flowing for the welfare queens of every color.

[/quote]

Obama cant take on Black issues. People would go crazy.

[/quote]
Obama takes on many issues that drive people crazy

If he tried this - it would at least make sense. And people would have to go much further to hate him for that

But he doesn’t…

pause
super serious face

Barack Obama doesn’t care about black people[/quote]

But he does care a great deal about Barack Obama!

I’ve been saying here since the spring of 08 that Obama is not a Muslim, he’s a not a Christian, He’s not even really a racist. (Michelle may be another story) He’s a Marxist. Jeremiah Wright named James Cone, a self professed black liberation Marxist as his biggest influence. That crap isn’t Christianity. It’s plain ol Marxism with Christian terminology. Even that pitiful emergent liberal Rick Warren called it exactly that in his interview with Sean Hannity directly following the debate Obama and McCain had at Saddleback where Obama denounced gay marriage.

Obama doesn’t care about black people, that’s right. He doesn’t care about any people. He cares about GROUP “fairness” as he and his fellow enemies of freedom define it. He uses race to advance his agenda just like I said he would 4 years ago because I know how liberation theology works. This WILL become more plain than ever in his second term. Mark my words.

Interesting article on the subject:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Feels like the US government has failed this group of people.
[/quote]

Why is Chicago’s violence the US Government’s problem?

Technically, Washington DC’s violence might the US Govt’s problem to deal with (if it’s “government’s” business at all).

Why isn’t it 's neighborhood’s problem? Action starts with local communities. People need to take control of their neighborhoods.

I grew up in a pretty nasty poor rural area. It actually made the top 100 most violent towns in the US. I got the fuck out of there. I can tell you it’s the way it is because of a general apathy about the locals. They don’t want to make the degeneration of their town their business. They turn their heads and then complain that “someone should do something”.

WTF is “The US Government” going to do?

Referenced list: NeighborhoodScout’s Most Dangerous Cities - 2022 - NeighborhoodScout

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
People need to take control of their neighborhoods.

[/quote]
How?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
[/quote]

Technically, Washington DC’s violence might the US Govt’s problem to deal with (if it’s “government’s” business at all).

Why isn’t it 's neighborhood’s problem? Action starts with local communities. People need to take control of their neighborhoods.

I grew up in a pretty nasty poor rural area. It actually made the top 100 most violent towns in the US. I got the fuck out of there. I can tell you it’s the way it is because of a general apathy about the locals. They don’t want to make the degeneration of their town their business. They turn their heads and then complain that “someone should do something”.

Referenced list: NeighborhoodScout’s Most Dangerous Cities - 2022 - NeighborhoodScout
[/quote]

By getting the fuck outta there didn’t you also not want to make the degeneration of your town your business and not take control of the neighborhood problems for the betterment of your local community? :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not saying you should have.

Obviously black people were accosted, brought here, and forced into the very bottom economic position from the get go. That was a race issue. Fast forward through all the civil rights stuff, and the reason that black people are still disproportionately represented in the lower income demographics no longer has anything to do with their race, but it has to do with the fact that the people who start out poor tend to stay there. The higher percentage of minorities is incidental. It’s simply a factor of where they were forced to start out, and the fact that regardless of what color your skin is, most lower income people tend to stay that way.

The “failing” of the government is to poor people, not black people. And I would actually agree that the government has failed these low income folks with the way welfare is run in this country. I’m not touting letting people suffer and die without help, but the fast and loose hand with which welfare programs are run in this country seems to create a government dependance, incentivize laziness, encourage irresponsibility, and rob people of a fulfilling and productive life. I do think that is the government’s fault.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
If it all boils down to being located in the inner city then surely there must exist a medium-to-large black community with a below average crime/murder rate outside the inner city area?

[/quote]

There are plenty but you wouldn’t hear about it because it isn’t newsworthy

[quote]csulli wrote:

By getting the fuck outta there didn’t you also not want to make the degeneration of your town your business and not take control of the neighborhood problems for the betterment of your local community? :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not saying you should have.
[/quote]

No. Given that there is absolutely no economic or professional opportunity for what I wanted to do in life there, I took out student loans, worked full time and put myself through college, then moved to where there were opportunities. In other words, I took ‘personal responsibility’. That town is not my problem to the extent that I don’t live there (I still have friends and family there).

I am involved in the community where I live and raise my children.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
[/quote]

Referenced list: The page you were looking for doesn't exist (404)

Why have a government? why not have a thousand city-states?

[quote]zecarlo wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
People need to take control of their neighborhoods.

[/quote]
How? [/quote]

How not?

If you know drug deals are taking place at the end of your driveway what would YOU do?

Where do you think community change starts?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[/quote]

No. Given that there is absolutely no economic or professional opportunity for what I wanted to do in life there, I took out student loans, worked full time and put myself through college, then moved to where there were opportunities. In other words, I took ‘personal responsibility’. That town is not my problem to the extent that I don’t live there (I still have friends and family there).

I am involved in the community where I live and raise my children.

[/quote]

X2 Explains my life to a tee as well.

If you didn’t grow up in a single mother household I would consider your examples a false equivocation