I Almost Had a Heart Attack Today

[quote]byukid wrote:
I think it’ll help that my plan for asking is very public. She’s already basically given me a yes answer (she did pick out the dang ring!), so the actual proposal will be more for the story. It’s special man, special things are better with age, right? [/quote]

yeah thats true. I know my chick will say yes. We’ve talked about future life together and we live together now so I’m in no way worried about her saying no.

I’ve just been trying to figure out the best time for it to happen. I know what I wanna do (kinda… my original idea is kinda cheeseball but I’m not sure) so its just a waiting game now.

I’m going to start that process within the next year. She’s moving here Saturday so we’ll see how it goes, but I imagine I’ll be all jittery between buying the ring an waiting to ask. I know it’ll be hard not to blow it.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]byukid wrote:
I think it’ll help that my plan for asking is very public. She’s already basically given me a yes answer (she did pick out the dang ring!), so the actual proposal will be more for the story. It’s special man, special things are better with age, right? [/quote]

yeah thats true. I know my chick will say yes. We’ve talked about future life together and we live together now so I’m in no way worried about her saying no.

I’ve just been trying to figure out the best time for it to happen. I know what I wanna do (kinda… my original idea is kinda cheeseball but I’m not sure) so its just a waiting game now.[/quote]

Honestly man do it right, hopefully this will be your only time to ever do this. Make it memorable for both of you. Dont listen to other people give you shit about it, if this is the women you want to wake up next to 50 years from now then do it right. Cause in 50 years you want to be talking to her about the moment you proposed. Also chicks dig romance and the after sex is always out of this world. :slight_smile:

DJHT knows what he’s talking about. She’ll never forget the moment you propose, which is enough pressure in its own way, but also don’t stress about it. You know she’s going to say yes, so have a little fun with it and be creative.

Good advice guys. I kinda already have a plan like I said… I know when I wanna do it and where… It’s just the actual way of asking that I haven’t decided on yet. I’ve got more time to get things all the way figured out and finalize my plan.

[quote]gregron wrote:
Good advice guys. I kinda already have a plan like I said… I know when I wanna do it and where… It’s just the actual way of asking that I haven’t decided on yet. I’ve got more time to get things all the way figured out and finalize my plan.[/quote]

Dont be a wimp, get on the knee and speak from your heart.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
Good advice guys. I kinda already have a plan like I said… I know when I wanna do it and where… It’s just the actual way of asking that I haven’t decided on yet. I’ve got more time to get things all the way figured out and finalize my plan.[/quote]

Dont be a wimp, get on the knee and speak from your heart. [/quote]

Hahaha that’s part of my plan. But I’ve got more going into it than that… But on a knee and speaking from the heart is definitely in there

guys still get on one knee??

[quote]nomorewar wrote:
guys still get on one knee?? [/quote]

Real adult men do.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]nomorewar wrote:
guys still get on one knee?? [/quote]

Real adult men do. [/quote]

It’s so classic.

I’m sorry, but this thread makes me really, really glad I am never getting married.

It’s great you found someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, not knocking that at all. I don’t think I could do it though.

If it were me I’d probably throw the ring box at her on the couch and ask if she wanted it. Yeah, I’m romantic like that.

[quote]kothreat wrote:
I’m sorry, but this thread makes me really, really glad I am never getting married.

It’s great you found someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, not knocking that at all. I don’t think I could do it though.

If it were me I’d probably throw the ring box at her on the couch and ask if she wanted it. Yeah, I’m romantic like that. [/quote]

my alternative idea was to get an empty box, go on a walk to a bridge over a river with her, set the empty box on the rail, wait for her to notice, then knock it into the river. i’m just too scared I wouldn’t use the empty box on accident.