Humapro

Lol @ trying to tell people about my experiment.

Now you see why I didn’t post about it anywhere. A bunch of 160 pounders will scream ‘bullshit’ without ever even trying the product.

That’s why when kids at the gym ask me what I eat, I tell them 8 meals of chicken, rice and broccoli; anything else and they’re too close minded or mind blown to consider progressive thinking.

Moral of the story? Y’all shouldn’t try HumaPro. It’s currently on back order and I’d rather keep using it than y’all buy all the product.

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:

Now you see why I didn’t post about it anywhere. A bunch of 160 pounders will scream ‘bullshit’ without ever even trying the product.

That’s why when kids at the gym ask me what I eat, I tell them 8 meals of chicken, rice and broccoli; anything else and they’re too close minded or mind blown to consider progressive thinking.

Moral of the story? Y’all shouldn’t try HumaPro. It’s currently on back order and I’d rather keep using it than y’all buy all the product. [/quote]

God forbid people ask questions about a novel product they’re unfamiliar with.

We can’t have that in this here nutrition and supplement forum!

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:

Moral of the story? Y’all shouldn’t try HumaPro. It’s currently on back order and I’d rather keep using it than y’all buy all the product. [/quote]

Welcome back big man.

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:

DOHCrazy,
You made it man. You win. You’ve succeeded in lifting all of the weights in the gym and you’re big. Give me a chance i just wanna be big and lean like you jerk.

sigh but on a serious note PM

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:

DOHCrazy,
You made it man. You win. You’ve succeeded in lifting all of the weights in the gym and you’re big. Give me a chance i just wanna be big and lean like you jerk.

sigh but on a serious note PM

Picked it up today on the way home from class this morning. I guess I’ll let you guys know what I think of it initially in terms of flavor/mixability and then within the next couple weeks in terms of “effectiveness”. I plan to take it before fasted training and then again after about 30 mins before my PWO meal. I’m also debating replacing about 50g of normal protein intake with the two servings of humapro. That would effectively free up about 200 calories for more carbs or fats.

DOH…do you know if this could possibly be pre-mixed in a nalgene bottle for a days worth of use? We are talking like…10 hours tops in a liquid state…

[quote]facko wrote:
Picked it up today on the way home from class this morning. I guess I’ll let you guys know what I think of it initially in terms of flavor/mixability and then within the next couple weeks in terms of “effectiveness”. I plan to take it before fasted training and then again after about 30 mins before my PWO meal. I’m also debating replacing about 50g of normal protein intake with the two servings of humapro. That would effectively free up about 200 calories for more carbs or fats.

DOH…do you know if this could possibly be pre-mixed in a nalgene bottle for a days worth of use? We are talking like…10 hours tops in a liquid state…[/quote]

YES, looking forward to the feed back.

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:

DOHCrazy,

sigh but on a serious note PM[/quote]

I’d give up double the HumaPro to be half as big as you.

My PMs have been disabled for years. Sorry.

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:

[/quote]

lol DOH is an online bully.

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:

DOHCrazy,

[/quote]

soooooooooooooooooooo…does this mean you’re not going to tell me how you used/dosed and ate with humapro?

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:

DOHCrazy,

[/quote]

soooooooooooooooooooo…does this mean you’re not going to tell me how you used/dosed and ate with humapro?[/quote]

He had only Huma Pro as a protein source. Roughly 300 g protein IIRC, and then just tailor your carbs and fats as need be. I’m 95% sure he was at 8 scoops/day.

Just do it man, see if it works for you or not.

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:

DOHCrazy,

[/quote]

soooooooooooooooooooo…does this mean you’re not going to tell me how you used/dosed and ate with humapro?[/quote]

He had only Huma Pro as a protein source. Roughly 300 g protein IIRC, and then just tailor your carbs and fats as need be. I’m 95% sure he was at 8 scoops/day.

Just do it man, see if it works for you or not.[/quote]

8 scoops HumaPro
~300g carbs
~50g fiber
Fill the rest in with Virgin Coconut Oil and Almonds/Peanuts

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
That being said, those on this site that endorse it the most are some, if not THE, biggest, strongest, and leanest here, so I’d say it’s definitely a worthwhile supplement. [/quote]

Not commenting on the actual supplement, but it’s remarkable how many peopled are suckered into supplements just because they lack basic logic functions.

[quote]want2getlean wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
That being said, those on this site that endorse it the most are some, if not THE, biggest, strongest, and leanest here, so I’d say it’s definitely a worthwhile supplement. [/quote]

Not commenting on the actual supplement, but it’s remarkable how many peopled are suckered into supplements just because they lack basic logic functions.[/quote]

Really? That seemed like a pretty valid statement to me… The people he was referring to were posters with nothing to gain from talking about how good they thought the product was. There is a pretty big difference between this and a muscle-mag testimonial.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

Not commenting on the actual supplement, but it’s remarkable how many peopled are suckered into supplements just because they lack basic logic functions.[/quote]

Really? That seemed like a pretty valid statement to me… The people he was referring to were posters with nothing to gain from talking about how good they thought the product was. There is a pretty big difference between this and a muscle-mag testimonial.[/quote]

Correlation is not causation.

A more extreme example would be ‘This sucessful businessman sacrifices goats; my career would surely benefit from it’

Again, I’m not insulting the product or the user who originally made that post, but too often do gullible people fall into this erroneous trap.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

Really? That seemed like a pretty valid statement to me… The people he was referring to were posters with nothing to gain from talking about how good they thought the product was. There is a pretty big difference between this and a muscle-mag testimonial.[/quote]

A more extreme example would be ‘This sucessful businessman sacrifices goats; my career would surely benefit from it’

Again, I’m not insulting the product or the user who originally made that post, but too often do gullible people fall into this erroneous trap.
[/quote]

And I can just as easily say “Bodybuilders eat protein. My physique will benefit from it.”

I’m not saying people, in general, aren’t gullible when it comes to supplements. I was just pointing out that IMO this isn’t one of those cases.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

Hmm… are saying I don’t have basic logic functions, simply because I made this statement? It’s not like DOHCrazy, Bug, Zraw, or Waylander are endorsed by Humapro. The ‘sacrifice goats’ comment is kind of a stretch, seeing as goats have little to do with business or economics, but EAA’s and protein supplements are pretty entwined with the subject of sports nutrition, which I feel is being discussed here.

While there is a good deal of scientific literature on weightlifting and bodybuilding, overall, it’s kind of a neglected field. Something like ‘the effectiveness of Humapro as a main source of protein in a bodybuilder’s diet over a 2 month period’ is probably not going to get a lot of scientific coverage. So I feel like in this particular sport, multiple, reliable sources of anecdotal evidence, in conjunction with basic knowledge of sports nutritional science, is really all we can go on when looking for worthwhile supplements.

That’s just IMO, though. Not going to argue about this. Just wanted to state that, ironically, my field of study requires multiple classes be taken on upper level logic, so I’m not an ignorant person, and I stand by my statement that Humapro is obviously a pretty solid supplement (not necessary perhaps, but solid).

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:

DOHCrazy,

[/quote]

Just do it man, see if it works for you or not.[/quote]

8 scoops HumaPro
~300g carbs
~50g fiber
Fill the rest in with Virgin Coconut Oil and Almonds/Peanuts
[/quote]

Cool :slight_smile:

This stuff actually tastes pretty awesome. How I’ve been using it:

Haven’t changed my diet…still aim for roughly the same macros.

Training(4 servings total): 3 scoops mixed in a nalgene…drink about 2/3 of it 30 mins pre/during, drink the rest post. Have my pwo meal about a half hour after. Have one more serving an hour or so after my last meal…typically before bed.

Rest(3-4 servings): 1-2 scoops 30 mins or so before my first meal…1 scoop before my second meal…1 scoop later at night.

So other than taste…I’m squatting 3 days per week right now and have zero recovery issues. This is with rest days in which I total approx. 1600-1800kcal…rather low. My protein intake is a bit over 1g/lb of BW …I haven’t changed that. I think it would be safe to say that anytime you are adding 15-20g of concentrated EAAs on top of your protein intake, it’s only going to improve the situation.

[/quote]

And this is interesting/relevant to the discussion here because… ?