How To Chill Out

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
You know who takes forever to take their money our of their pocket?

Stroke victims. And assholes.[/quote]

I think you’d be surprised at the result. It doesn’t annoy anyone. On the contrary, shopkeepers are always much happier to deal with me when I behave like this. They like it because it’s not actually an asshole thing. When you hand the money over don’t say anything. Watch when other men do it and you’ll see what I mean. But you’ve got to do it right. Like this:

1. Walk to the counter and make eye contact and smile in a friendly way.

2. When asked for the money calmly take it out like you’re not rushing.

3. Hand it over. Don’t say thanks now. That’s what dingbats do. You don’t thank someone when you give them something do you?

4. While the guy is getting your change don’t show any impatience - even if he takes three times as long as you did.

5. Sometimes at this stage the guy still hasn’t figured out you’re someone he should like. But the clincher is the thank you, eye contact and smile when he gives you your change and / or your shopping. If you do all this even the dumbest guy in the world will know(subconsciously) that you are of superior station but also that he should(and does) like you.

The point is, people actually love dealing with someone they think is both “high status” and a good guy. By a good guy I mean someone who doesn’t look down on “low status” people - someone who treats them with respect. That’s what the eye contact and smile is about. They feel good because someone “important” and “powerful” has just been friendly and nice to them.

I never played the status game in the workplace but I had a reputation as a good boss because I went out of my way to make everyone feel appreciated and liked by their boss.
[/quote]

You’re killing me with every slow breath you take, every bizarre, inexplicable move you make.

Of course they’re more comfortable with someone who is able to control themselves to some extent. Who wants a fumbling, desperate, apologizing wreck of a human being to have that day’s nervous breakdown at their checkout? I mean really, who thanks the person taking their money once they fumble it from their pocket? That’s not beta - it’s weird! Most people think almost nothing of these interactions. I’m buying vegetables and a half-gallon of milk - my mind is on the dinner I need to start when I get home. I have no thought of the person taking my money, certainly not concern about what they think about me. I have my card ready as I approach the machine and while they ring me up I swipe. Smoothly. Then they hand me the register tape, say “there you go, have a nice day” and I say “thanks, you too” and go. I move along at a pace that is neither fast nor slow, and don’t look behind me to assess reactions to my limited exchange with the cashier.

I laughed all the way through this thread.
[/quote]

I draw my card and swipe it in one motion in a perfect Zen mind state…like a samurai’s Iaido technique. It lands back in my pocket and I offer a slight bow to the receipt as it drifts like a fallen cherry blossom petal on a dawn breeze to the floor.
[/quote]

You bow to the cashier, so beta…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

I think you’d be surprised at the result. It doesn’t annoy anyone. On the contrary, shopkeepers are always much happier to deal with me when I behave like this. They like it because it’s not actually an asshole thing. When you hand the money over don’t say anything. Watch when other men do it and you’ll see what I mean. But you’ve got to do it right. Like this:

3. Hand it over. Don’t say thanks now. That’s what dingbats do. You don’t thank someone when you give them something do you?

4. While the guy is getting your change don’t show any impatience - even if he takes three times as long as you did.

5. Sometimes at this stage the guy still hasn’t figured out you’re someone he should like. But the clincher is the thank you, eye contact and smile when he gives you your change and / or your shopping. If you do all this even the dumbest guy in the world will know(subconsciously) that you are of superior station but also that he should(and does) like you.

The point is, people actually love dealing with someone they think is both “high status” and a good guy. By a good guy I mean someone who doesn’t look down on “low status” people - someone who treats them with respect. That’s what the eye contact and smile is about. They feel good because someone “important” and “powerful” has just been friendly and nice to them.

I never played the status game in the workplace but I had a reputation as a good boss because I went out of my way to make everyone feel appreciated and liked by their boss.
[/quote]

You’re killing me with every slow breath you take, every bizarre, inexplicable move you make.

Of course they’re more comfortable with someone who is able to control themselves to some extent. Who wants a fumbling, desperate, apologizing wreck of a human being to have that day’s nervous breakdown at their checkout? I mean really, who thanks the person taking their money once they fumble it from their pocket? That’s not beta - it’s weird! Most people think almost nothing of these interactions. I’m buying vegetables and a half-gallon of milk - my mind is on the dinner I need to start when I get home. I have no thought of the person taking my money, certainly not concern about what they think about me. I have my card ready as I approach the machine and while they ring me up I swipe. Smoothly. Then they hand me the register tape, say “there you go, have a nice day” and I say “thanks, you too” and go. I move along at a pace that is neither fast nor slow, and don’t look behind me to assess reactions to my limited exchange with the cashier.

[/quote]

I draw my card and swipe it in one motion in a perfect Zen mind state…like a samurai’s Iaido technique. It lands back in my pocket and I offer a slight bow to the receipt as it drifts like a fallen cherry blossom petal on a dawn breeze to the floor.
[/quote]

You bow to the cashier, so beta…[/quote]

“Slight bow” to my fallen enemy. I have transcended beta and alpha.

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A true master…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

A true armed master…bater[/quote]

fixed that for you.

lol

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
someone who treats them with respect. That’s what the eye contact and smile is about. They feel good because someone has just been friendly and nice to them.

[/quote]

So, really this is just a long post to say this. And irrelevant of any social status intentions, it’s the right thing to do.

I’m going to sit back and see if you get jumped on for basically saying “be a good person”, but for reasons they don’t like…[/quote]

You’ve missed the point. Low status guy is trying to be super polite by hurrying and apologising for everything. You think the shopkeeper likes super polite low status guy? No, he likes polite status guy. Because when someone “important” is nice to you that means you must be someone special. A big important guy likes you. And wow, isn’t he a great guy? Doesn’t act all superior like some big shots.

That’s how people feel. Try it and see. They despise super polite guy. They love important guy. It’s the way the social hierarchies work. As I said, people like dealing with a high status person who is not an asshole. Try it out and see. Or just watch people doing it. And remember if they don’t follow the script properly they ruin the effect. It has to be done right.
[/quote]

Nah, I didn’t miss the point, I’m just seeing this from an entirely different perspective.

End of the day, this whole thing boils down to “be a good person” which includes positive projections of self unto the outside world. And, in this instance, the ends do justify the means, at least to me. Others like to pick on you for it, personally I don’t give a single shit why one person wants to be a “good person” vs why any other person wants to, as long as they both want to.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
someone who treats them with respect. That’s what the eye contact and smile is about. They feel good because someone has just been friendly and nice to them.

[/quote]

So, really this is just a long post to say this. And irrelevant of any social status intentions, it’s the right thing to do.

I’m going to sit back and see if you get jumped on for basically saying “be a good person”, but for reasons they don’t like…[/quote]

You’ve missed the point. Low status guy is trying to be super polite by hurrying and apologising for everything. You think the shopkeeper likes super polite low status guy? No, he likes polite status guy. Because when someone “important” is nice to you that means you must be someone special. A big important guy likes you. And wow, isn’t he a great guy? Doesn’t act all superior like some big shots.

That’s how people feel. Try it and see. They despise super polite guy. They love important guy. It’s the way the social hierarchies work. As I said, people like dealing with a high status person who is not an asshole. Try it out and see. Or just watch people doing it. And remember if they don’t follow the script properly they ruin the effect. It has to be done right.
[/quote]

For some reason I keep thinking you have your “cause and effect” all out of wack - I also think you really boil things down to an extremely diluted mess to where they don’t resemble anything real; I don’t think you are considering just how complex people (and society) actually are (is).

[/quote]

You like men’s hands right? You should’ve seen what this guy could do with his hands. [/quote]

The hell…? I’m out guys.

Man, you come up with some crazy shit in the fantasy world you live in.

I find it fascinating how much importance you put on “status” and other irrelevant bullshit that nobody really cares about.

I feel uncomfortably jumping on someone as palpably desperate for validation as OP, but why, oh why, do you have a prize shit like Julius Evola as your avatar?

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
I’ve been practicing this every day for quite a while now. Basically, I slow everything I do down including my breathing. I also practice sitting comfortably without moving. It’s kind of like meditation but I’m actually retraining my body and mind to slow down and chill out. It feels great immediately and makes you feel more comfortable in social situations and where there are lots of people around.

At first walking slow was really hard and felt terribly awkward. But I slowly got more and more used to it and now it’s my regular walk. Everything I used to do fast I now do slow. Including driving.

This happened this morning and the same thing as happened previously: in the traffic I slowly drop to the very back of the pack and drive 5-10kms slower than the speed limit nice and smoothly. Every time I move my hands to and from the wheel or anything else I do it real slow and smooth. Everything I do now is slow and I really feel much better and more relaxed. I saw another guy in a new Mercedes doing exactly the same thing. Neither of us were copying the other. We made eye contact and he gave me a smile of approval. He was an older guy dressed immaculately and had manicured finger nails. His smoothness and natural grace and control was impressive. I observed him closely and I’m working towards that kind of self control. That’s what it is. It’s basically mastering your emotions and body language.

I have no idea if slow, controlled demeanor might be attractive to ladies as that’s something a guy like me would know nothing about.

Seriously, though it carries over to how other people treat you. If you are really slow and controlled taking your money out of your pocket at the shop the guy at the counter will think you’re a high status individual because everyone else rushes to get their money out and apologises for everything and this is basically like wearing a sign saying “low status guy.” Everyone else does too. Mastering your emotions is an essential skill of being a man in my opinion. It’s pretty funny watching top tier execs and Doctors and so on who are skittish and nervous and look really uncomfortable and you’re next to them in shorts and a singlet yet everyone knows you’re top dog and the insecure phoneys know it too and can’t make eye contact. They look at the ground as you go past.

There are many other benefits to learning to chill the fuck out. I wish I’d learned to do this earlier in life. Has anyone else practiced / learned this? Or any experiences with it?[/quote]

I had a chill moment today.

I had just left the gym when I was stopped at a traffic light. A man with a radiant beard pulled up next to me in a 3/4 ton crew cab. My keen social instincts and the sign on his truck alerted me to his high status as a snow plow driver. This was a man who made bank last winter. Take it from me, it was fucking brutal.

He nodded at me, perhaps a bit more rushed than was necessary. I blinked, slowly. Then I returned the nod, as we both share a kinship as bearded drivers of pickup trucks.

It was at that point that I realized that we are both the type of people who would use our trucks to pull you out if you got stuck in the snow, except he’d probably charge you $20 cash for it and never claim it as income on his taxes.

The encounter was exceptionally smooth.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[/quote]

You - especially you - already know all this subconsciously. You’re a slave to impulses you don’t even understand. We all are. But most people get better at self control as they get older. Very few people actually think about this stuff and understand it. That’s what was interesting about the older guy I saw. I’ve seen guys like him occasionally before. He was practicing controlling his emotions and developing extraordinary control over his body. A lot of older guys develop control without ever thinking about it. But guys who train themselves can become masters.

If you watch people you’ll notice that a lot of people do that or something similar. And the shop was just an example. Many people have developed habits that broadcast messages subconsciously to everyone else. Only a few people actually know what they’re saying. Everyone else just absorbs these signals, processes them and then they think guy a is “hot” but guy b is “cute”. Cute means he’s broadcasted shit you don’t understand so your subconscious decides for you. It’s the same with every kind of social interaction.

Surprisingly most guys do that or something similar. Just watch them. They’re the insecure types. A lot of guys have nothing wrong with them but they’ve just aquired these habits and they become ingrained. I’ve seen a lot of women with the same problem. They’re not very attractive so they develop beta habits and get anxiety attacks and literally go insane with terror if they think a man is watching them. It’s really creepy. But it’s a biological necessity. They’re treating to “cure” it but there is no cure because they have anxiety because they know their genetics(ie - body mostly) are not healthy. Of course, your genes are changed by your lifestyle and experiences so you might be born with good genes but then get obese and pass on bad genes to your children. That’s the purpose of anxiety. Pretty cruel world isn’t it?

The cashier was an example. These things apply to every human social interaction. You know Emily, I think you’d be attracted to that guy in the Mercedes even though he had a pot belly. You like men’s hands right? You should’ve seen what this guy could do with his hands. I think you would’ve thought he was “not hot” but “cute”. And you wouldn’t know why you thought he was cute. You need to take notice of this sort of stuff Emily because there are guys out there who can literally control your mind. They’re the cute guys.
[/quote]

I think you should check in with your doctor. Seriously.

[quote]twojarslave wrote:

I had a chill moment today.

I had just left the gym when I was stopped at a traffic light. A man with a radiant beard pulled up next to me in a 3/4 ton crew cab. My keen social instincts and the sign on his truck alerted me to his high status as a snow plow driver. This was a man who made bank last winter. Take it from me, it was fucking brutal.

He nodded at me, perhaps a bit more rushed than was necessary. I blinked, slowly. Then I returned the nod, as we both share a kinship as bearded drivers of pickup trucks.

It was at that point that I realized that we are both the type of people who would use our trucks to pull you out if you got stuck in the snow, except he’d probably charge you $20 cash for it and never claim it as income on his taxes.

The encounter was exceptionally smooth.
[/quote]

Well done

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

For some reason I keep thinking you have your “cause and effect” all out of wack - I also think you really boil things down to an extremely diluted mess to where they don’t resemble anything real; I don’t think you are considering just how complex people (and society) actually are (is). [/quote]

If what I do works then they’re obviously not as complex as you suggest. I don’t come across many complex people. People smart enough to know what I’m doing because they do it themselves and they’re conscious of it are rare. But you do come across them occasionally.

I don’t know what you mean by having my cause and effect out of whack. Why don’t you try what I say? When you go slow getting your money out that signals to the monkey behind the till that you’re high status. Sometimes they won’t accept it and they get slow and inattentative in return. So then you refuse to show any impatience or annoyance at the monkey’s tantrum and you smile and make eye contact and that convinces him you really are high status. All of this is going on subconsciously and when you’ve convinced him you’re high status he will like you.

Beans has missed the point still. It’s not about being a nice guy. This is about status. When I go slow getting my money out I’m sending a signal of high status. And refusing to respond to his signal of non-compliance is reversed by ignoring it and continuing to be nice.

And when you meditate whilst driving time slows down. You don’t notice it till something happens to break the spell and then you notice everything speed up again. This stuff is real. Athletes do it to hit a curveball travelling at 100mph. They don’t clnsciously meditate but they have trained themselves to do it through practice.

And about being a nice guy - being a nice guy is great but people will wonder about someone who is too nice. You know what I mean?

The funniest part about all of this is that our resident high status sex machine has now spent hours thinking about and posting about his encounter with this cashier and I’d bet dollars to donuts the cashier doesn’t even remember the encounter. By SM’s logic I’m pretty sure that reverses his high status and now gives cashier higher status than SM.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
The funniest part about all of this is that our resident high status sex machine has now spent hours thinking about and posting about his encounter with this cashier and I’d bet dollars to donuts the cashier doesn’t even remember the encounter. By SM’s logic I’m pretty sure that reverses his high status and now gives cashier higher status than SM. [/quote]

I’ve already said twice now; this makes thrice - the cashier is an example. Practice. The same principle applies with a contract for half a million or to scramble over your colleagues on your way to the top.

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Why don’t you try what I say? When you go slow getting your money out that signals to the monkey behind the till that you’re high status. [/quote]

Your troll skills need work…

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

For some reason I keep thinking you have your “cause and effect” all out of wack - I also think you really boil things down to an extremely diluted mess to where they don’t resemble anything real; I don’t think you are considering just how complex people (and society) actually are (is). [/quote]

If what I do works then they’re obviously not as complex as you suggest. I don’t come across many complex people. People smart enough to know what I’m doing because they do it themselves and they’re conscious of it are rare. But you do come across them occasionally.

I don’t know what you mean by having my cause and effect out of whack. Why don’t you try what I say? When you go slow getting your money out that signals to the monkey behind the till that you’re high status. Sometimes they won’t accept it and they get slow and inattentative in return. So then you refuse to show any impatience or annoyance at the monkey’s tantrum and you smile and make eye contact and that convinces him you really are high status. All of this is going on subconsciously and when you’ve convinced him you’re high status he will like you.

Beans has missed the point still. It’s not about being a nice guy. This is about status. When I go slow getting my money out I’m sending a signal of high status. And refusing to respond to his signal of non-compliance is reversed by ignoring it and continuing to be nice.

And when you meditate whilst driving time slows down. You don’t notice it till something happens to break the spell and then you notice everything speed up again. This stuff is real. Athletes do it to hit a curveball travelling at 100mph. They don’t clnsciously meditate but they have trained themselves to do it through practice.

And about being a nice guy - being a nice guy is great but people will wonder about someone who is too nice. You know what I mean?[/quote]

There aren’t universals. In terms of “status”, very very very few people have blanket high value status across spectrums of groups and they tend to be world leaders (business, politics, etc…) - and even then their status might change depending on the room they’re in (i.e. in relation to other people in their vicinity). You’re describing social interaction in which you control the flow - but the interactions in the examples given are pretty fuckin’ insignificant.

I don’t have any problems chilling out, and, for the most part, my approach is similar to what you’ve suggested. However, I don’t agree or believe in the slightest sense the rate at which I pay for a good influences the clerk’s (or whoever’s) perception of mine, or anyone’s, value. In your example, you’re still buying your own groceries. High value people tend to have those menial tasks done for them as they’re too busy doing high value shit to be bothered (unless I’m mistaken by what you mean by “high value” or “high status”).

Again, I don’t see, nor will I, I doubt, how, in your example, controlling the rate at which a payment is made indicates status one way or the other. It’s very silly, to me, to think that it would. However, over all, knowing how and when to control a situation MAY indicate some sort of value. What that value is, I do not know (nor do I think you really know, but you keep insisting this IS how things are) nor do I have any data from which to make any inference, nor have you presented anything tangible or significant as evidence aside from hypotheticals.

I terms of “cause and effect” what I mean by that is, again, using your example, if you were a high value person, payment rate would not change whether or not you are high value, perceptions be damned, and, if you were high value, you wouldn’t give a flying shit whether your actions influenced the clerk’s perception of your value. I.e. payment rate does not influence your value.

Your value probably wouldn’t influence your payment rate and I’m confident that those people who happen to be high value are high value independently of rate of payment. I don’t agree that this is any indication of value within a society or even of how one value’s one’s self. I.e. 0 correlation. But, again, I do not have any data to support this, nor has any data been provided so looks like we’re both just pissing in the wind hoping to dodge the blow back.

I will say this, though, I enjoy following some of your threads - they’re a fuckin’ hoot!

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

And about being a nice guy - being a nice guy is great but people will wonder about someone who is too nice. You know what I mean?[/quote]

There aren’t universals. In terms of “status”, very very very few people have blanket high value status across spectrums of groups and they tend to be world leaders (business, politics, etc…) - and even then their status might change depending on the room they’re in (i.e. in relation to other people in their vicinity). You’re describing social interaction in which you control the flow - but the interactions in the examples given are pretty fuckin’ insignificant.

I don’t have any problems chilling out, and, for the most part, my approach is similar to what you’ve suggested. However, I don’t agree or believe in the slightest sense the rate at which I pay for a good influences the clerk’s (or whoever’s) perception of mine, or anyone’s, value. In your example, you’re still buying your own groceries. High value people tend to have those menial tasks done for them as they’re too busy doing high value shit to be bothered (unless I’m mistaken by what you mean by “high value” or “high status”).

Again, I don’t see, nor will I, I doubt, how, in your example, controlling the rate at which a payment is made indicates status one way or the other. It’s very silly, to me, to think that it would. However, over all, knowing how and when to control a situation MAY indicate some sort of value. What that value is, I do not know (nor do I think you really know, but you keep insisting this IS how things are) nor do I have any data from which to make any inference, nor have you presented anything tangible or significant as evidence aside from hypotheticals.

I terms of “cause and effect” what I mean by that is, again, using your example, if you were a high value person, payment rate would not change whether or not you are high value, perceptions be damned, and, if you were high value, you wouldn’t give a flying shit whether your actions influenced the clerk’s perception of your value. I.e. payment rate does not influence your value.

Your value probably wouldn’t influence your payment rate and I’m confident that those people who happen to be high value are high value independently of rate of payment. I don’t agree that this is any indication of value within a society or even of how one value’s one’s self. I.e. 0 correlation. But, again, I do not have any data to support this, nor has any data been provided so looks like we’re both just pissing in the wind hoping to dodge the blow back.

I will say this, though, I enjoy following some of your threads - they’re a fuckin’ hoot![/quote]

This was one of the most thorough posts I’ve ever read. A+, man.

SM - I also enjoy reading your threads, whether they’re about stupid shit or not.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will say this, though, I enjoy following some of your threads - they’re a fuckin’ hoot![/quote]

This was one of the most thorough posts I’ve ever read. A+, man.

SM - I also enjoy reading your threads, whether they’re about stupid shit or not. [/quote]