How Often Do You Eat Red Meat?

[quote]synergy93 wrote:
pretty much the same here

Another trick I’ve used when dieting…

12-16 weeks out from end date…animal protein meals were mostly red meat
8-12 weeks out from end date…animal protein was about 1/2 red and 1/2 white meat
4-8 weeks out from end date…mostly white meat, with a bit of red meat
4 weeks or less…primarily white meat, especially fish (not sure what it is about fish, but I seem to get lean faster when eating a lot of it…it’s not the omega 3 content, because there’s not that much in the amounts I’m eating and I’ve been supplementing with at least 10 grams per day for years)

[quote]ParagonA wrote:
Once a day for supper. 8-10 oz.
I keep red meat in my diet up to the last week of my contest prep.[/quote]
[/quote]

That’s very interesting, I was actually pondering trying something like this…funny to see it pop up here, and I’m glad there’s anecdotal evidence for it working. Maybe because there’s less fat/sat fat in the white meat?

[quote]onepanda wrote:
Eating at least 1 lb of ground 94/6 beef a day. Throw in some steak every now and then too.

Maybe a silly question, but for all of you eating 1 lb+, are you concerned at all about the ratio of Omega-6s to Omega-3s in your meat?[/quote]

I eat a ton of walnuts, evoo, and supplement with fish oil. So no :slight_smile:

I get fresh Grass fed beef all year long from my grandfathers ranch so i usually eat it 1-2 times a day about 6 days a week. Living in a ranch community so it would be quite difficult to avoid it.