How Often Do You Eat Red Meat?

Grass-fed bison, about a pound a day. Mix in salt seasoning, sriracha, a bit of cocoa powder, and serve on whole wheat flats drizzled with organic honey.

I’ll never look back.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
4-5 times a week
[/quote]

quick question; not sure if you’ll check this thread again, but on the days you don’t eat red meat do you go for chicken breast, pork, or some other lean meat to replace the red meat?

[quote]JHollywood wrote:
Grass-fed bison, about a pound a day. Mix in salt seasoning, sriracha, a bit of cocoa powder, and serve on whole wheat flats drizzled with organic honey.

I’ll never look back.[/quote]

choco-bison?? Hmmmm

i just buy any 93/7 meat…eat 1 lb everyday

some days ground trukey is cheaper, so i buy that…

M-F I eat 10oz of ground beef for lunch, then sometimes for dinner as well. Weekends are hit and miss. 5-7 times a week is my final answer.

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:

[quote]JHollywood wrote:

I’ll never look back.[/quote]

choco-bison?? Hmmmm[/quote]

It’s magic. You can’t actually taste chocolate, but it adds a richness to the meat that you can’t quite put your finger on. Oh, and cook in coconut oil, of course. Never had better.

I am going to have some steak in homage to this thread.

I eat 12 oz (3 x 4oz servings) a day of 85/15 Ground Chuck.

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:
Everyday at least once or twice.[/quote]Or 3 times
[/quote]

Pretty much. lol[/quote]

Same here.

[quote]nreviya wrote:
If we are talking about beef… then at very least once a day. And we are talking 1.5 lbs minimum. I have no idea why would anyone avoid lean beef!!! I consider it a perfect food. [/quote]

That’s what I jumped in here to say.

If it’s not 1985 then what are we doing worrying about red meat?!?
And if I were cutting I’d need to be insanely strict to think that red meat would have to go. I’m sure if I were not meeting my goals then I certainly wouldn’t blame the beef.

Note: Do not google “Blame The Beef”

Once a day for supper. 8-10 oz.
I keep red meat in my diet up to the last week of my contest prep.

pretty much the same here

Another trick I’ve used when dieting…

12-16 weeks out from end date…animal protein meals were mostly red meat
8-12 weeks out from end date…animal protein was about 1/2 red and 1/2 white meat
4-8 weeks out from end date…mostly white meat, with a bit of red meat
4 weeks or less…primarily white meat, especially fish (not sure what it is about fish, but I seem to get lean faster when eating a lot of it…it’s not the omega 3 content, because there’s not that much in the amounts I’m eating and I’ve been supplementing with at least 10 grams per day for years)

[quote]ParagonA wrote:
Once a day for supper. 8-10 oz.
I keep red meat in my diet up to the last week of my contest prep.[/quote]

Mate since I work on a minesite I can’t choose what I eat everyday, but when I am at home it’s Red meat rotated with Chicken and fish on a 4:1:2 basis
Red Meat Makes the Musclezzzz

Once or twice a week for me.

Where do you guys buy your meat from? It seems like all that meat would get costly over time but maybe I’m just looking at the wrong places.

I go to sam’s club and get loads of ground beef and chuck roast which is a little more expensive but I enjoy the texture more. If I have extra money to spend I would also get some good deals on steaks there.

The bloke I’m subbing for atm knows a butcher and can get meat cheap. I can get 1kg of sirloin steak for 5 pounds. I have 2kg a week for breakfast.

^^ Shit that’s a good looking arm!

Was eating about 1lb of lean mince daily, but I’m onto chicken and fish for now.

Eating at least 1 lb of ground 94/6 beef a day. Throw in some steak every now and then too.

Maybe a silly question, but for all of you eating 1 lb+, are you concerned at all about the ratio of Omega-6s to Omega-3s in your meat?

[quote]onepanda wrote:
Eating at least 1 lb of ground 94/6 beef a day. Throw in some steak every now and then too.

Maybe a silly question, but for all of you eating 1 lb+, are you concerned at all about the ratio of Omega-6s to Omega-3s in your meat?[/quote]

Nope. lol. But now i feel like I should be… haha.