How Can I Be Funny?

hahah yea def try to be funny

if u get a girl to crack a smile she’ll crack everything else lmao

[quote]vroom wrote:
Der Candy wrote:
Because I have a suspicion that people think I’m boring. Some days I crack lots of jokes and suddenly I am surrounded by people who want my attention etc. Other days (most often) people barely look at me twice because I hardly say a word, much less a funny word.

Dude, you worry too much about what other people think… that’s your main problem. Just be yourself and stop worrying about it.

Anyway, think about it, do you want to be taken seriously, ever, or do you just want to be a joke and feel like you are getting “attention”.

And I know that when it comes to chicks they only rally care about bicep girth and not personality, but I just feel like I would get an edge if I provided some comic relief.

What the heck are you talking about? You have to be a troll. There are quality people that aren’t superficial, and they probably aren’t looking for someone who is a complete joke either.

Be yourself. Find people who like who you actually are. If there aren’t any, then wait until you grow up a bit, there will be.[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words man. I appreciate the advice. However, I am not trying to turn myself into some clown or a comedian. I just want to be a bit funnier and more in-the-moment than I usually am. And I know this isn’t impossible to achieve. I probably just need to loosen up.
It’s just that I really hate boring people, and I don’t want to end up like that.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Now stop wasting everyones time with this bullshit.[/quote]

I am not a troll. I came here for advice, and if you think this thread is wasting your time then get lost.

I don’t have time to read threw the thread of responses so Ive im mimicing someone elses advise, I apologise.

But I do know one of the best secrets to humor, and I’ll let ya in on it.

All the people Ive met in my life with a great sense of humor, and just flat out funny, all have the same thing in common - They are extremely intelligent individuals. Now, not every that is smart is funny - but everyone that is funny is usually smart. Seems to be a common theme.

I think that to be funny, one must have a general, all around intellect. They are usually very witty people, outgoing, socially aware and often masters at communicating.

Basically, what Im telling you that wit and humor often go hand in hand. So broaden your knowledge.

In order to be funny, you must first learn Photoshop.

[quote]Irish Muscle wrote:
Put a dead baby in your friend’s school bag

now THATS funny

[/quote]

LOL that is funny

LOL a lot, because if you are LOL’ing then all the people around you will be contagiously ROTFLMAO…

TEE-HEE!

[quote]rsg wrote:
Der Candy wrote:
4) Watch more MacGyver

I have a mostly off the wall sense of humour, so random stuff like a pic of MacGyver on a thread nothing to do with him is pretty funny to me…[/quote]

You mean that the picture of MacGyver is supposed to signify laughter or funniness?

I seriously thought the OP just bore a striking resemblance to Richard Dean Anderson.

[quote]Charged wrote:
Irish Muscle wrote:
Put a dead baby in your friend’s school bag

now THATS funny

LOL that is funny[/quote]

Or fill your friend’s bag with horse manure.

Okay, Der…

On a more serious note…

Remember Commander Data from “Star Trek”? Throughout the series, because of a lack of an “emotion” chip, he tried as hard as he could to become more “human”.

One of the more hilarious episodes was when he attempted to understand humor, by doing Vaudeville Stand Up.

My point?

Before you can “be” funny, you have to “recognize” funny…you have to UNDERSTAND and FEEL humor, sarcasm, dry wit, etc.

I know its the Internet, but some of your replies to some of these guys throwing out some hilarious stuff has come across as exciting as watching Wood age.

LAUGH, my friend!!!

Smoke some weed and get a blowjob if that’s what it take for you to laugh!!!

BUT LAUGH!!!

Mufasa

…(Stay with me now, der…DO NOT laugh WHILE getting blown…she may not appreciate that…!)

OKAY!

It ain’t my best…but did ya’ “FEEL”
the humor, my Brother???

LOL!

Mufasa

…Okay, der…

There was this ONE time in College…looked down and the Skeezer was workin’ it…

It must have been a combination of the wine…her tongue post…and the fact that Baby Girl looked like a chicken with a Bad Hair Day having a seizure…

Well…I laughed then…BUT JUST THAT ONCE, THOUGH!!!

Are you FEEELIN’ IT, der?

Did you SMILE when you read it?

LOL!

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
…(Stay with me now, der…DO NOT laugh WHILE getting blown…she may not appreciate that…!)

Mufasa[/quote]

…or fart

Der, since you are serious, then I still think you are looking at the wrong angle.

Like someone said above, you need some type of insight, wit or creativity to make funny.

However, being NOT boring is much easier to do. All you have to do is be able to express yourself without being overbearing.

You can easily stay caught up on latest events, make sure you understand whatever the issues are, and then talk about shit other than the weather.

Shoot for interesting… let funny happen if your sense of humor picks out the funny parts.

Oh, and bonus points for remembering previous conversations and asking for or giving an update.

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Uncyclopedia:How_To_Be_Funny_And_Not_Just_Stupid

Enjoy.

-Gendou

[quote]vroom wrote:
Der, since you are serious, then I still think you are looking at the wrong angle.

Like someone said above, you need some type of insight, wit or creativity to make funny.

However, being NOT boring is much easier to do. All you have to do is be able to express yourself without being overbearing.

You can easily stay caught up on latest events, make sure you understand whatever the issues are, and then talk about shit other than the weather.

Shoot for interesting… let funny happen if your sense of humor picks out the funny parts.

Oh, and bonus points for remembering previous conversations and asking for or giving an update.[/quote]

Thanks man. I’ve bookmarked this thread for easy reference and I’m trying to commit to memory everything I’m reading here.

As for my humour… I can usually laugh at almost anything, It’s just not easy for me to be ‘in the flow’ so that I’m the one who’se cracking the jokes. I’m a pessimist by nature so this happens pretty rarely.

I think you are right about the ‘interesting factor’. In the past I was a very serious person, and I think I scared people off because of it. I’m much more carefree and relaxed these days though. I find it much easier to socialize and be outgoing, but establishing more of a connection with people is what I need. That’s why I thought that upping my humour content would be beneficial.
I know of a lot of successful people who aren’t as funny as others, but to make up for it they have a lot of charisma and are interesting people.

Perhaps I should start a thread on ‘How Can I Be Interesting?’ lol.
Or probably I should let this die.

LOL!

You “da’ MAN”, push!

Mufasa

(P.S. I will not take it personally, der, that you didn’t respond to any of my post…AS LONG AS YOU LAUGHED!!!)

(Hehe!)

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
Mufasa wrote:

Mufasa

…or fart[/quote]

I don’t care who you are but that’s funny.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
vroom wrote:
…All you have to do is be able to express yourself without being overbearing…

Vroomster, I’m liable to start pickin’ on ya here…
[/quote]

Umm, well, yes, but I’m not trying to be more socially adept.

Howabout, do as I say, not as I do?