Guest Forum: Pick EC's Brain

[quote]kbattis wrote:
Hi Eric,

Keep that great info coming! A Few more quick questions and then I’ll be satisfied, or not.

How did you get into powerlifting?[/quote]

Like I said, I’ve always just been fascinated by relative strength. Training for the sake of training and looking good can get old quickly (although I will love to train no matter what), especially when you come from an athletic background and still have that competitive fire in you. I’ve got some great powerlifter friends, and I saw how much they loved what they were doing, so I gave it a shot. The rest is history.

Unfortunately, I haven’t. However, I don’t doubt for a second that it is an outstanding tool, especially in situations where injured athletes (e.g. AC joint separations) can’t hold weights. Adding the X-Vest immediately expands your exercise selection possiblities. I’ve used nylon weight belts before, but I just don’t think that they’d hold a candle to the X-Vest. When I get my own place, I’ll definitely be picking one up.

[quote]What are your experiences with ART and what types of situations is this modality appropriate for? Have you found some of your tough postural cases benefit from ART?

Thanks again![/quote]

ART is awesome when you get someone who is very good. It would probably be easier to highlight what it isn’t good for than what it is good for, as soft tissue adhesions can contribute to a variety of conditions (and in asymptomatic individuals!). All these postural cases would benefit from ART; there’s no doubt in my mind.