GSP VS Condit

GSP didn’t pinch the knees together (biggest mistake) as said before and I didn’t see him raise his hips (at least not much). The way I’ve been taught doing armbar, is to get the hand to the chest, lay back keeping it there, raise your hips. Now he laid on his back and the arm was “loose” on the air. And he then tried to crank it to his chest without raising his hip. Well, I’m still noobie, but this is how I see it.

talking about GSP finishing power.

First Hardy VS Lytle then Shields VS Ellenberger

even the Canadians fans are starting to go against GSP, the UFC can’t hide anymore that he plays safe.

Shields is a bust at 170lbs, touted as one of the top p4p welterweights out of the UFC, i really hope he gets back to 185lbs

[quote]guhkes wrote:
GSP didn’t pinch the knees together (biggest mistake) as said before and I didn’t see him raise his hips (at least not much). The way I’ve been taught doing armbar, is to get the hand to the chest, lay back keeping it there, raise your hips. Now he laid on his back and the arm was “loose” on the air. And he then tried to crank it to his chest without raising his hip. Well, I’m still noobie, but this is how I see it.[/quote]

If you really pinch the knees and have a really solid “submission position” you actually don’t need to raise your hips to get the majority of people to tap. There are some who have unusually flexible elbow joints who will require you to raise your hips though.

But even then, unless you are facing contortionists, you should only have to raise them slightly to get the submission. If you aren’t getting someone to submit until your hips are almost fully extended/elevated, then you are doing something wrong (or they have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome). You also would not be able to likely do any serious damage to that joint if you truly had to use the technique in a real situation.

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:

even the Canadians fans are starting to go against GSP, the UFC can’t hide anymore that he plays safe.

Shields is a bust at 170lbs, touted as one of the top p4p welterweights out of the UFC, i really hope he gets back to 185lbs[/quote]

come on give the guy a break. You see it in sports all the time that the highly favored fighters/players/teams have a hard time with supposedly inferior opponents. Except for Anderson Silva or FC Barcelona. I think Shields had a completely different mindset in this fight, he wasn’t fighting a “superstar” so he was less carefull…Apart from that he was hit in the back of the head.

[quote]partybison wrote:

Shields is a bust at 170lbs, touted as one of the top p4p welterweights out of the UFC, i really hope he gets back to 185lbs[/quote]

come on give the guy a break. You see it in sports all the time that the highly favored fighters/players/teams have a hard time with supposedly inferior opponents. Except for Anderson Silva or FC Barcelona. I think Shields had a completely different mindset in this fight, he wasn’t fighting a “superstar” so he was less carefull…Apart from that he was hit in the back of the head.

[/quote]

back of the head?

unless that knee from Ellenberger digged a hole through his skull i have a hard time how a knee from a clinch can get you in the back of your head.

nah i meant the punch that came before the clinch. I think Ellenberger was just lucky.

and Shields stinks…

Georges would have never thrown that knee. Ellenberger finished because he was aggressive not because he was ‘lucky’. He knew Shields would try a takedown or two and couldn’t hurt him standing. He threw shots with the intent of ending it once he felt Shield’s double out and knew he could handle it.

On the ground Georges can be aggressive when he wants to be. On the feet he’s VERY careful nowadays. He throws very few combos and is all about the 1-2. He doesn’t look for the finish standing unless he completely outclasses his opponent standing and in takedown defense (Fitch, Hughes).

Anyway, I think the fight with Condit can be interesting. Carlos is getting put on his ass. I don’t think his guard can hold Georges. GSP will pass and damage him… or attempt to ‘control’ him which will result in more backlash and more calls for him to fight Anderson before he retires (so he can get his ass kicked).

GSP would get schooled by Diaz.

give him bj already.

UFC is scared of their gay posterboy losing so they feed him Condit who wrestling defense is almost non-existent. Expect another snooze-fest. By Lay N pray and wall n stall. [/quote]

I actually like Condit. Guy is tough…he does lack in takedown defense.

I hope GSP stands with him instead of just sitting on him for 5 rounds.

GSP is pissing me off with his ghey fighting style of just doing enough!

I agree he is better at 185 lbs…but then he would hit a wall with either Sonnen and or Silva!

Fight is off, as GSP is injured.

[quote]xxrob5xx wrote:

give him bj already.

UFC is scared of their gay posterboy losing so they feed him Condit who wrestling defense is almost non-existent. Expect another snooze-fest. By Lay N pray and wall n stall. [/quote]

GSP is pissing me off with his ghey fighting style of just doing enough![/quote]

I’m on GSP’s side here. If he can win, almost every time, without risking his health, then why should he try to finish? Learn to beat him the way he fights, or don’t get in the ring with him. If you don’t like safe wins blame the rules, not the guys that play to them. Or go win your own damn belt and see if you want to risk it and a concussion when you can easily win on points.

[quote]Rodimus Black wrote:

Fight is off, as GSP is injured.[/quote]

So BJ vs Diaz is now the main event.

The fight will only be 3 rounds. I am thinking that favors BJ.

If I bought tickets I would be pissed.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]devildog_jim wrote:

[quote]xxrob5xx wrote:

give him bj already.

GSP is pissing me off with his ghey fighting style of just doing enough![/quote]

I’m on GSP’s side here. If he can win, almost every time, without risking his health, then why should he try to finish? Learn to beat him the way he fights, or don’t get in the ring with him. If you don’t like safe wins blame the rules, not the guys that play to them. Or go win your own damn belt and see if you want to risk it and a concussion when you can easily win on points.
[/quote]

Agree. Only way I would fault him is if he was constantly talking about how he was going to wreck his competition and then goes for the decision. GSP comes out for the win, and Serra proved that he would be vulnerable in a brawl.

I would like to see GSP use more strikes to set up submissions though.

Regards,

Robert A