GSP vs Alves

I think Rashads intro in the show was funny they made him look smooth. If he wouldve lost to Forrest they would have given him an intro just like Jardine or Marquardt.

[quote]drewh wrote:
I think Rashads intro in the show was funny they made him look smooth. If he wouldve lost to Forrest they would have given him an intro just like Jardine or Marquardt. [/quote]

Being Champion of the World does have it’s perks.

[quote]brand wrote:
Pluto wrote:
Sentoguy wrote:
drewh wrote:
I can see Alves scrambling George has never had to hold down a 205 pound person we all saw how much size was a factor in the Penn fight holding Alves against the cage wont work his clinch game is to slick.

That may very well happen, at least in the earlier rounds. But if you watch the primetime specials that were aired leading up to the fight with Penn, GSP regularly trains with some very talented MW and LHW fighters who stated that he is as strong, or stronger, than a lot of natural 205 lbers.

We haven’t really seen Alves’s conditioning really get tested recently (much to his credit), so we really don’t know if he’ll be able to continue to scramble back to his feet if GSP keeps putting him there. Even though it was a long time ago, and Thiago has improved significantly since that fight, Fitch was able to control him on the ground, and GSP pretty much controlled Fitch.

We’ll see what happens come fight time though.

Yes. The pre Penn sparring against Evans reallly impressed me. Now it maybe was edited a lot to help toot GSP’s horn, but that would just make their Light Heavy Weight Champ look bad. After seeing that though, I am much more confident in GSP’s abilities to move up in weight classes, seeing how Evans outweighed him by probably at least 30 pounds

I doubt it was that big of a weight difference. Georges walks around at almost 190lbs and Rashad is a small LH. I wouldn’t be surprised if he cut little, if any, to hit 205lbs.
[/quote]

Evans on TUF fought at 225 as a Heavyweight, so I assume he walks around at something close to that

Should be the best fight in this weight class. Thiago is a beast but GSP is a freak to. My prediction is GSP 4th or later, possibly decision. How I see them stacking up.

Striking: Adv. GSP
Thiago has better combo’s,is more straight/linear striking. GSP has better range, crazy long jab and kicks from greater distance and and imho more overall speed.

Striking Power: Adv. Thiago
No explainatio needed

Grappling/Submission: Adv. GSP

Power/strength: Draw
Thiago more pure strength, GSP better use of leverage

Chin: Adv Thiago
Thiago’s chin may be unknown, has anyone really hit him? GSP can be ko’d

Conditioning: ADV. GSP

Thiago has the strikers chance with his power but GSP is the better overall fighter and should keep the belt, if not will probably have it back in less than a year. If he keeps it, he should definately be in the top 3 in P for P fighters

Just how I see it

The fight is on, UFC 100 GSP vs Thiago Alves

http://mmafrenzy.com/9381/georges-st-pierre-vs-thiago-alves-slated-for-ufc-100/

Go GSP!

Are you kidding me OP?

GSP has incredible standup, his ground game is amazing.

I’ve always said this regarding GSP: If we look at every fighting competition, they’ve always had figures of uncanny skill and popularity. For example Roy Jones, Andy Hug etc.

GSP is like UFC’s Andy Hug.

I’m definitely seeing GSP win this one, either by TKO or submission.

Even if he doesn’t, every time GSP has been beaten, he’s come back to defeat that person. Not only that, but he beats them at their own game.

Anthony Johnson will be the next big test at 170lbs if he continues to develop, he has all the tools, just gotta put it together

[quote]chiro1 wrote:
Anthony Johnson will be the next big test at 170lbs if he continues to develop, he has all the tools, just gotta put it together[/quote]

True, but I still think he’s a year or two away from challenging…right now he kind of reminds me of where GSP was the first time he fought Hughes, loads of talent, but still a couple of holes to work out of his game.

Alves KO’s GSP in the early rounds. A prediction rather than intelligent analysis. Sorry OP.

AJ still needs a big test. He’s been walking through everyone so far. Either he’s just THAT good that no one can touch him… or he needs to take that “step up” in competition and fight someone that can really take it to him.

Thiago, Koscheck…etc

I think Kos can make some noise his stand up looks better each fight

[quote]drewh wrote:
I think Kos can make some noise his stand up looks better each fight[/quote]

Until he fights a striker…and forgets about his wrestling. He needs to shrink that head of his and start listening to his coaches. He needs to mix it up.