Government Slimdown, Not a Shutdown

Argument on this whole thing has understandably fallen along Partisan lines…no surprise there…

But don’t call ANY of these politicians “patriots” or anything close to deserving admiration.

Mufasa

“I despise (politicians). For me, you’re somewhere between a cockroach and that white stuff that accumulates at the corner of your mouth when you’re really thirsty.” -cyrus the virus.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/01/waiting-game-pols-brace-for-prolonged-stalemate-amid-partial-govt-suspension/

Looks like these evil Republicans do not care about people.

Only the Republicans in the House are trying to pass some critical resolutions to make sure payments are made on time to Veterans and the like. I wonder if Harry Reid and Obama will put it up for a vote and will sign it. Obama is not willing to negotiate with Congress so he might veto it.

harry reid might be the worst person in modern american history.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
harry reid might be the worst person in modern american history. [/quote]

Him and Nancy Pelosi are two peas in a pod.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[/quote]

obamao and reid have FOR SURE eiffel towered her a few times

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
“It’s time for Republicans to stop obsessing over old battles. I mean, I say to my Republican friends, ObamaCare is over. It’s passed, it’s the law,” Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid said.[/quote]

Well, slavery was the law of the land in 1861 and the Republicans put a stop to that, too.

If Obama and his cronies want to shut the government down to try to save ObamaCare, let them.

Obama and Reid need to stop this partisan bullshit, get rid of ObamaCare, and let the government operate.[/quote]
Simple and to the point.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[/quote]

obamao and reid have FOR SURE eiffel towered her a few times[/quote]

She just celebrated her 50th wedding anniversary.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]smh_23 wrote:
I don’t give a shit about the shutdown, but if these cretins, most of whom don’t even actually know what a debt ceiling does and does not entail, get our credit rating downgraded in a couple weeks I’m gonna be calling for public hangings.[/quote]

I’m obviously being facetious but maybe if the US had piss poor credit we couldn’t/wouldn’t borrow so much. We might have to be forced to live within our means.[/quote]

When you have the power to print your own money people will line up to offer you loans. The second we went off the gold standard the concept of credit worthiness disapeared. How do you think we pay the interest on our debt currently? The Fed Reserve prints up some monopoly money that the government gets to spend at full value while devaluing the money of everyones ‘savings’ and increasing the worth of hard tangible assest like real estate and precious metals…

Wait, you mean to tell me that our government knowingly and willingly allows a private company, one that pays shareholder dividends while never having an audit, to intentionally and strategically setup a system that increases the wealth of the rich at the expense of the poor? Is this true Barry?

They keep sending bills and Reid keeps killing them, so who’s responsible, really? Reid and obama. They are just trying to preserve their precious obamacare, they could give a fuck about the country. So let’s get real here. A budget could have been and can be passed… It’s the democrats refusing everything, not the republicans.

Honestly, the thing that pisses me off the most about this, are people complaining on facebook and interviews. People who didnt vote. If you dont vote, you dont get to complain.

[quote]Waittz wrote:
Honestly, the thing that pisses me off the most about this, are people complaining on facebook and interviews. People who didnt vote. If you dont vote, you dont get to complain. [/quote]

VOTE or STFU!!!

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
Well the People of Massachusetts voted in Scott Brown that would have made the Senate Filibuster the bill, but the Democrats made sure to pass the bill before he was put in place. Then went in and changed the bill when all they needed was 50 votes. Yeah this bill is the best thing for everyone. This was done in a back room when the President Obama said he would be the most transparent administration ever. What a lie, and he still will not be transparent about Benghazi, IRS, NSA, and all the other scandals going on. You want to know why people do not like Obamacare, and Obama himself is because of these reasons.

This is the last time we have to get the bill changed, and I am glad these patriots are doing what the people want and I back them 100%.

[/quote]

I’m not saying I like the law, I’m not saying it’s good for anyone, I’m not saying it was passed with stellar transparency–I’m saying it was passed legally, by the book, according to the Constitution.

And I’m saying that the current intermeshed debates in Washington have nothing to do with it.

Also, this isn’t the last chance to repeal it. You get as many chances as you want. Go ahead and go for it–that’s great. But proffer your argument on its own merits, get the votes the way you’re supposed to. Not with a gun and a “I swear I’ll do it!!!” And these people are anything but patriots. If Thomas Jefferson heard that a big portion of the U.S. government was threatening to make sure that it couldn’t pay down debts it had already incurred, he’d let go of Sally Hemings and start swinging an axe around D.C.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:
Honestly, the thing that pisses me off the most about this, are people complaining on facebook and interviews. People who didnt vote. If you dont vote, you dont get to complain. [/quote]

VOTE or STFU!!!
[/quote]

[quote]smh_23 wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
Well the People of Massachusetts voted in Scott Brown that would have made the Senate Filibuster the bill, but the Democrats made sure to pass the bill before he was put in place. Then went in and changed the bill when all they needed was 50 votes. Yeah this bill is the best thing for everyone. This was done in a back room when the President Obama said he would be the most transparent administration ever. What a lie, and he still will not be transparent about Benghazi, IRS, NSA, and all the other scandals going on. You want to know why people do not like Obamacare, and Obama himself is because of these reasons.

This is the last time we have to get the bill changed, and I am glad these patriots are doing what the people want and I back them 100%.

[/quote]

I’m not saying I like the law, I’m not saying it’s good for anyone, I’m not saying it was passed with stellar transparency–I’m saying it was passed legally, by the book, according to the Constitution.

And I’m saying that the current intermeshed debates in Washington have nothing to do with it.

Also, this isn’t the last chance to repeal it. You get as many chances as you want. Go ahead and go for it–that’s great. But proffer your argument on its own merits, get the votes the way you’re supposed to. Not with a gun and a “I swear I’ll do it!!!” And these people are anything but patriots. If Thomas Jefferson heard that a big portion of the U.S. government was threatening to make sure that it couldn’t pay down debts it had already incurred, he’d let go of Sally Hemings and start swinging an axe around D.C.[/quote]

You keep saying paying down debts. We are only paying interest and then floating new bonds to pay for the expiring ones.

I get your point, but there is a time to fight and the people think that time is now. The debt ceiling is in 2 weeks, but if you look at the debt that is being reported it has not changed in like 4 months. Lets see who balks first, and do you honestly believe the rating will be decreased if the debt ceiling in not raised. The reason our debt rating is going down is because there is no budget. If the Dems in the Senate will pass I budget and work through the process as they are suppose to do Constitutionally then I will STFU about the debt ceiling.

[quote]pat wrote:
They keep sending bills and Reid keeps killing them, so who’s responsible, really? Reid and obama. They are just trying to preserve their precious obamacare, they could give a fuck about the country. So let’s get real here. A budget could have been and can be passed… It’s the democrats refusing everything, not the republicans.[/quote]

They keep sending bills and the House keeps killing them, so who’s responsible, really? Boehner. They are just trying to kill their hated Obamacare, they could give a fuck about the country. So let’s get real here. A budget could have been and can be passed…It’s the Republicans refusing everything, not the Democrats.

It goes exactly two ways, which is why this clusterfuck of a fight, which almost nobody actually understands anyway, belongs very far away from shutdowns and debt ceilings.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
and do you honestly believe the rating will be decreased if the debt ceiling in not raised.
[/quote]

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2011-08-05/business/35417342_1_downgrade-aaa-credit-ratings-government-debt

That was exclusively about the brinkmanship–we hadn’t defaulted, and we didn’t. Imagine if we had.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]smh_23 wrote:
I don’t give a shit about the shutdown, but if these cretins, most of whom don’t even actually know what a debt ceiling does and does not entail, get our credit rating downgraded in a couple weeks I’m gonna be calling for public hangings.[/quote]

I’m obviously being facetious but maybe if the US had piss poor credit we couldn’t/wouldn’t borrow so much. We might have to be forced to live within our means.[/quote]

I admit that this is one way of looking at it. If you’ve got nothing to lose in crisis, it might even make sense to root for it.