Going to NYC July 4th to 9th

OF COURSE!!! The DMS crew was a crew I looked up to as a kid, Ill never forget the day I went bombing with Crev DMS KIC, and two large NYPD police officer beat the shit out of me for catching a burner on the side of the BQE on 69th Street and Northern right next to Burger King.

Those cops sprayed me in the face with my can and all along my back and made me sit indian style while they fucked me up, didnt get arrested though. I remember Crev saying I had heart who at the time meant a lot. I went to school with some big writers in the west Queens area. It was crazy times.

As far as Cityscapes, of course, I also used to live by Naked City on Queens Blvd…its now a spanish church lol

Well, you’re older than I am, but I sure remember the stories of the DMS/KAC versus TMR/RIS wars!

I grew up in Little Neck and Went to Cardozo. By the time I went to 'dozo, this shit was dead, but from 7 years old to this day, I always read everything around me.

I remember all the big time guys from the highways and trains from the late 80s to early 90s:
Saint
Cro
Duel
Sent (TMR, not Sent TFP)
TZ
Jest
Nes
Lost
Mirage (remember that shit on the Clearview?)
Stane
Veefer
Neo
MQ
Lash
Reps
Pest
Bri
Dera
Dutch
All the old Woodside writers (Ingy, Viza, EA)
JA
Bruz
Teck BS from Astoria

Too many to mention!

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

Those cops sprayed me in the face with my can and all along my back and made me sit indian style while they fucked me up, didnt get arrested though. [/quote]

That’s not as bad as what happened to JA. You hear what the cops did to him back in the day?

Oh, and Nato was another decent writer to come out of Woodside.

You remember TA7?

Totenkopf,

I actually just moved to CT from Astoria a few months ago. If you’re looking for places to eat there, you’ll want to check out 30th ave. b/t 31st St and Steinway, as well as Steinway. There’s even a taco truck on 30th ave at night that is ridiculous! If you want to grab some beers, I definitely recommend the two Beer Gardens in Astoria. One is called Bohemian Hall, and the other is Studio Square. Bohemian hall is great for just hanging outside during the day, and Studio Square can be great for any occasion…

To find out what’s going on in Astoria any time, visit my Friend Ran’s website:

www.whyleaveastoria.com

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

You remember TA7? [/quote]

THE ARTISTIC 7! Oh man of course I do, man I was part of a crew from woodside projects called TASK (T A 7 Killers) we had crazy beef with lone and Ron…I was a kid, but I mostly hung out by woodside houses and Boulevard Garden people…shit let me run through all the heads or at least some of em…

Nato (we were pretty cool with each other back in the day)
Teaze
NASA
CLASS
SLASH (FTR)
VE (FTR RIP)
SAEZ
BRUZ
MS. MAGGS
MIST
MQ
CLARK
SOAK
BRI
VERS
CURS
BLACK
ID
YES

I can go on and on, it was such a big deal for us…god Mirage shit Ill go back to Laces!!!

I went to grammar school with Bruz, Bri and Black geez this is bringing me back

In your opinion, who do you think was the best to come out of Queens from '85 to '93? I think HANDS DOWN Saint and Ghost (although Ghost did come out in '78, before he started RIS and got down with TMR in the mid '80s.) People say that JOZ was the all time street king. I disagree. Saint did more than that guy ever did, plus he had trains!

One of my older friends (36) used to room with Bri and had beef with Bruz on the 7 line. (No names. God knows what kind of searches Vandal Squad does with tag names these days. I have two old school friends, one whom retired in '88 and is now 43 who’s being thoroughly harassed by VS just for talking about the old days and posting his old flicks, some dating back to '80!!!)

By the way, I’ve seen Bruz is making a comeback in Queens. Nothing big, but marker and paint tags here and there. Soe TMR is coming back too. God knows how these guys have the inclination and energy to do this shit at this day and age.

Do you remember this?

OLD SCHOOL ASTORIA! PK 357!

MQ was also good. But don’t you think he kind of did a douchebag move by chasing around and dissing a big time writer like Ghost who started WAY BEFORE him. Bruz was RIS and then DMS. LOL!

Bruz…I used to be a probation officer, and I get assigned a case, and who was it…fucking BRUZ…I had to talk to my boss to get out of taking it on, that would of been a clusterfuck

There was a writer back in the day who wrote CONAN (really) and he ragged everyones pieces for like a summer everyone from ezec to MQ to Web I never found out who that was…I still have some old videograf tapes from back in the day…

some of the other crews from way back…FTR, FDA, OFB, 22PK, SOW, UPS, OK, 9LIVES, OTK, RAW, UWS

NYC isnt the same…and thats good and bad at the same time

off the 7 line

this one i meant

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
this one i meant[/quote]

I never knew where that MIN from Brooklyn came off biting the name of an all time king - MIN RTW! How the fuck can someone rip a name like that? That’s like biting Ghost, Seen, Dez, and so on.

22PK, haha! My good friend (the one I won’t mention but is on the list I gave) was 22PK, Billmar, and TDK.

UPS? Was that United Pot Smokers? LOL!

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Bruz…I used to be a probation officer, and I get assigned a case, and who was it…fucking BRUZ…I had to talk to my boss to get out of taking it on, that would of been a clusterfuck

There was a writer back in the day who wrote CONAN (really) and he ragged everyones pieces for like a summer everyone from ezec to MQ to Web I never found out who that was…I still have some old videograf tapes from back in the day…

some of the other crews from way back…FTR, FDA, OFB, 22PK, SOW, UPS, OK, 9LIVES, OTK, RAW, UWS

[/quote]

Dude, I remember Conan.

Ezec’s throwups, some of which are on the LIRR trail to this day, were fucking terrible! I dunno man, I think DMS only had a few real writers - Bruz, MQ, Sane, and Jere.

OFB - Out For Blood. I remember those guys. Not too many real writers though. Cor was OK.

FTR. Now that was a real '90s writing crew - Slash, Giz, VE, Kech, Desa, Cend, A-One, and Xist. They had clean trains into the mid '90s!

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

You remember TA7? [/quote]

THE ARTISTIC 7! Oh man of course I do, man I was part of a crew from woodside projects called TASK (T A 7 Killers) we had crazy beef with lone and Ron…I was a kid, but I mostly hung out by woodside houses and Boulevard Garden people…shit let me run through all the heads or at least some of em…

Nato (we were pretty cool with each other back in the day)
Teaze
NASA
CLASS
SLASH (FTR)
VE (FTR RIP)
SAEZ
BRUZ
MS. MAGGS
MIST
MQ
CLARK
SOAK
BRI
VERS
CURS
BLACK
ID
YES

I can go on and on, it was such a big deal for us…god Mirage shit Ill go back to Laces!!!

[/quote]

My family owns the clothing store on the corner of Queens Bully and Greenpoint Avenue.

I went to Naked City when I was 16 - underage - and saw a dynamite lesbo show in the basement.

Dude, remember all the cheeseball clubs from the '90s? Remember Metropolis in College Point? Haha! Fucking Papagalos in Astoria. Treinta Treinta (30 30) on Queens Boulevard? That place had dynamite Latina women!

Totenkopf: Also try Flashbacks and Waterfront Crabhouse and Watertaxi Beach in LIC!

Remember Angel Duster - from way, WAY back?

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[/quote]

Bruz had new fresh tags at Fort Totten and the Marina in Bayside. I went into the urinals over there and Bruz had fresh paint tags in there - bizarre! LOL! Got new truck shit with JA now too.