Going to NYC July 4th to 9th

Go to Spumoni Garden for pizza in Brookyln

^ I still keep meaning to go there!!

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
Im going have to figure out what to pick and choose what to do because there’s noway I can fit all this in the span of 5 days with a budget of a 800.[/quote]

You have a budget of $800?! Hi new friend…

If you want to watch the cup in ballz out mode go to Nevada Smiths on 3rd Ave. It will be nutty and full of peeps, but you’ll have tons of fun!

Oh and if you want a fun time eating Indian food, go to Milon on 1st ave b/w 5th and 6th street. The place up the stairs with the crazy lights. Cheap, yummy food, BYOB (su-weet!) and if you tell them its your b-day (which is a MUST) you get a special surprise…

Queens

In Astoria…Go to Rizzos Pizza…awesome!
In Elmurst Pio Pio Peruvian Food
In Jackson Heights Jackson Heights Diner awesome Indian food
In Corona Lemon King of Corona Italian Ice at its finest (used to work there every flavor from lemon to bubblegum)
Mamas In Corona Awesome italian heroes ask for the special
Rosas Best Sicillian in the city Spumoni gardens pales in comparison
Howard Beach New Park Pizza, get a slice there hot! famous for having real racial tension and the home of John Gotti

Brooklyn

Grimaldis some of the best pizza you will ever have (Dwntn BK)
Defontes Red Hook (there assholes there but get the potatoe and egg with provolone and gravy)
Johns (roast beef hero on semolina bread BANGIN!!!)
Spumoni Gardens (Overrated but go anyway)
Brennan and Car (more great RB heroes)

I could go on and on…if you want your wallet to get ass raped then go eat in manhattan and leave feeling empty and wondering where your money went…take time to visit the outer boros even staten island to see what NYC is really about. Astoria is an awesome place to hang out tons of bars and cafes on Ditmars Boulevard…hey go visit the place I grew up the biggest housing projects in the country Queensbridge Housing Projects in LIC! Astoria Park has a great view of Hells Gate bridge.

While in LIC go to PS 1 museum of art…im not into art or anything touristy…but this place is pretty cool.

pm me if you need any ideas about bars , clubs etc

[quote]ADvanced TS wrote:

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
Im planning on staying in Astoria,Queens with my sister and I will be hanging around that area as well as Manhattan. If anybody can recommend me some good ethnic restraunts,any up coming festivals or events,or anything intresting to check out,that would be great. Im not really into the tourist thing. (Statue of Liberty,WTC,Empire State building,ect.,) Thanks.[/quote]

Chevy’s in Times Square.

Its a little hole in the wall Mexican place that not many people know about.[/quote]

LOL…yeah you cant notice it!

[quote]pickitupsnake wrote:
Go to the Astoria beer gardens. There is an Indian place on 53rd and 3rd called Dar Bar that has a great all-you-can lunch buffet for ~12$. Brooklyn botanical garden if you want to be outside - suppose to be almost 90 most of the weekend though. Betel pricey but delicious Thai in g-village, Wondee Siam I,II,&III in Hell’s Kitchen also good but cheaper. You can walk over the Brooklyn Bridge and get Lombardi’s pizza, walk around Brooklyn Heights promenade, ect. Cottage @ 77th & Columbus with inexpensive Chinese and free carafes of cheap wine. Peter Lugar’s steakhouse in Brooklyn if you can afford it. Also a Mexican deli that is impossible to pronounce or spell @ 48th and 10th ave that makes authentic tacos in the back - very good.

Hope that helps, enjoy NYC[/quote]

BEER GARDENS X 10000…honestly you dont have to leave astoria, you can have a blast just staying there

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]pickitupsnake wrote:
Go to the Astoria beer gardens. There is an Indian place on 53rd and 3rd called Dar Bar that has a great all-you-can lunch buffet for ~12$. Brooklyn botanical garden if you want to be outside - suppose to be almost 90 most of the weekend though. Betel pricey but delicious Thai in g-village, Wondee Siam I,II,&III in Hell’s Kitchen also good but cheaper. You can walk over the Brooklyn Bridge and get Lombardi’s pizza, walk around Brooklyn Heights promenade, ect. Cottage @ 77th & Columbus with inexpensive Chinese and free carafes of cheap wine. Peter Lugar’s steakhouse in Brooklyn if you can afford it. Also a Mexican deli that is impossible to pronounce or spell @ 48th and 10th ave that makes authentic tacos in the back - very good.

Hope that helps, enjoy NYC[/quote]

BEER GARDENS X 10000…honestly you dont have to leave astoria, you can have a blast just staying there
[/quote]

If you do go into Manhattan make sure to keep your head up while walking the streets or Matty might plow you over.

Lol…only if it gets done to me first!

[quote]Mascherano wrote:
^ I still keep meaning to go there!!

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
Im going have to figure out what to pick and choose what to do because there’s noway I can fit all this in the span of 5 days with a budget of a 800.[/quote]

You have a budget of $800?! Hi new friend…

If you want to watch the cup in ballz out mode go to Nevada Smiths on 3rd Ave. It will be nutty and full of peeps, but you’ll have tons of fun![/quote]

What is the address exactly? I want to go for the final when Argentina play Brasil lol.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
Im planning on staying in Astoria,Queens with my sister and I will be hanging around that area as well as Manhattan. If anybody can recommend me some good ethnic restraunts,any up coming festivals or events,or anything intresting to check out,that would be great. Im not really into the tourist thing. (Statue of Liberty,WTC,Empire State building,ect.,) Thanks.[/quote]

I’m in Astoria almost every weekend. I was there this past Saturday. If you want to see HOT WOMEN within walking distance or short taxi or bus ride from anywhere in Astoria, you must go to the following places:

1. Cavo
  2. Beer Garden
  3. The New Beer Garden
  4. Ravel (Long Island City, near Astoria)
  5. Central (PACKED WITH WALL TO WALL WOMEN!)

Ethnic restaurants in Astoria:

1. Stamatis (MUST GO; I’m there every time I go to Astoria almost. Usually has hot women in there too. This place is more like an institution. That is, if you live in or visit Astoria, you go to Stamatis.)
  2. Wasabi (Japanese)
  3. Kabul (Egyptian)
  4. Telly’s (Greek)
  5. Montenegro (Serbian, Balkan)
  6. Elias’s Corner (Greek seafood)
  7. Olivo (Spanish)
  8. Layali Beirut (Lebanese)

More restaurants I go to that are good:

1. Oktoberfest (German)
  2. Zumm Stamtisch (German)
  3. Bona (Polish)
  4. Persian Tea Room

If you want, you can go to Bell Boulevard in Bayside, which has 24 bars within a 4 block span.

You will like Astoria park. If you’re into earthy/green shit, you might like to check out Astoria Garden.

If you’re into weird street art/graffiti type of shit, check out 5 Points in Long Island City and take some flicks.

Yeah, Rizzo’s in Astoria is fucking awesome! The calzones are great!

Garden de China (Cuban Chinese) is another good restaurant on Roosevelt Avenue.

Oh, Guantanamera’s in Columbus Circle is the best Cuban place I’ve ever been too.

They got a Grimaldi’s in Queens now too, near me, in Douglaston.

Matt, where are you from?

Yeah, LIC has a lot of art stuff now. Check out 5 Points. My friend is doing a “legal wall” there soon.

^ Is it Grimaldi’s in the BK? I probably effed that up, walked past Lombardi’s on my way to kickball on LES.

Since all the NYC’ers are here, any recommendations for a NYSC locations outside of Midtown?? I usually hit the 48th & Bway or 73rd and Col but I am looking for better locations - trap bar, full rack, GRH ect…

I THINK Steel Gym is a pretty hardcore gym from what I know of.

THEE best gym in all the five boroughs of NYC is Colisseum in Middle Village. I used to work out there. It has trap bars, an Olympic lifting platform, rubber bumper plates, Hammer Srength machines, an Elite FTS mono lift, a GHR, reverse hyperextension, bands, chains, buffalo and safety bars, and boards. You’re NOT gonna get any better than that gym. Vlad Alzahov works out there. Desmond Miller used to.

Dude, Manhattan is about glitz and image, not hardcore.

There are Grimaldi’s restaurants in Douglaston, Queens, right near me, and Brooklyn.

A thousand thanks for all teh suggestion. When there is a match on,Ill post in this thread to tell you guys which bars im hitting up in Astoria. If you meet me there,ill buy you a beer for gratitude and because im a guest.

Btw,I worked overtime tonight. in just expanded my budget to 1100. I really just want to buy some underwear and 3 or 4 jeans from H&M.

Brick…I was born and raised in Queens, Vernon Blvd, by the Queens Bridge Houses, then Corona and Woodside. So all of west Queens was my stomping grounds. Im now living in Staten Island, however Im probably moving back to woodside come september. Queens to me is just an awesome place, the western queens areas of Astoria, Woodside, Jackson Heights, Elmhurst and Corona is the most cultural diverse in the country. With this comes some of the best food in the world and some of the best crowds

For ethnic food, go to 6th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenue in Manhattan. Holy shit you’ll never see more hole in the wall places in one block. And most are pretty good and cheap for Manhattan. Just off the top of my head: Ethiopian, Sushi, Indian, Thai, Brazilian…

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Brick…I was born and raised in Queens, Vernon Blvd, by the Queens Bridge Houses, then Corona and Woodside. So all of west Queens was my stomping grounds. Im now living in Staten Island, however Im probably moving back to woodside come september. Queens to me is just an awesome place, the western queens areas of Astoria, Woodside, Jackson Heights, Elmhurst and Corona is the most cultural diverse in the country. With this comes some of the best food in the world and some of the best crowds[/quote]

Did you ever hang with the DMS guys in Corona?

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Brick…I was born and raised in Queens, Vernon Blvd, by the Queens Bridge Houses, then Corona and Woodside. So all of west Queens was my stomping grounds. Im now living in Staten Island, however Im probably moving back to woodside come september. Queens to me is just an awesome place, the western queens areas of Astoria, Woodside, Jackson Heights, Elmhurst and Corona is the most cultural diverse in the country. With this comes some of the best food in the world and some of the best crowds[/quote]

Ever go to Cityscapes? I forgot to mention that place to Totenkopf.