Getting Married

Congrats, Big B. I know you’ve had plenty of rough times in the past, so I’m truly glad to see that you’ve found a partner to share happiness with.

1 Like

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Congrats, Big B. I know you’ve had plenty of rough times in the past, so I’m truly glad to see that you’ve found a partner to share happiness with.[/quote]

I couldn’t agree more, I thought the same thing. I am truly excited for Bauber and the great future they will have.

Congratulations my friend! You got to love Mississippi girls. I’ve been with mine for 3 years. Been an amazing 3 years.

Don’t forget, let her shoot the big buck. Otherwise she won’t let you forget it.

When I first got married I thought “ok I’m doing this but I’ll still be the asshole I always was”. Over time I realized that I wanted to be a good husband. Every day I’m happier that I settled down and got married. Congratulations!

She’s cute! Good luck to the both of you, she’s seems to be a keeper. I was married just 2 weeks shy of 31 years and lost my wife to cancer last year. She was definitely the best thing to happen to me and my extended family, I could never come up with a bad word to say about her. We had our squabbles, but always worked them out.

You really should have a joint bank account so you both know where the money is going and either should be able to access the account. I have a separate business account and my wife had a small account where we had our safety deposit box.

Congrats, Big B. I know you’ve had plenty of rough times in the past, so I’m truly glad to see that you’ve found a partner to share happiness with.[/quote]

Many thanks Chris!

[quote]TVS Coach wrote:

I couldn’t agree more, I thought the same thing. I am truly excited for Bauber and the great future they will have.

Congratulations my friend! You got to love Mississippi girls. I’ve been with mine for 3 years. Been an amazing 3 years.

Don’t forget, let her shoot the big buck. Otherwise she won’t let you forget it.[/quote]

Mississippi girls are an entire different breed haha. I always do because she is a better shot than me anyways =D. And thank you as well for the kind words.

[quote]silverblood wrote:
Congratulations. Very pretty lady with incredible eyes. A scary smile keeps the 2-legged critters away from her.[/quote]

Thank you, thank you, and indeed it does. She has guys approach her fairly frequently at the gym (not as much now with the ring on her hand), but it is always funny to hear the stories or be in hearing distance when one of her friends or workout classmates tells them she is with me. It is fun to see the color drain out of some of their faces or hear them apologize.

It doesn’t bother me though. I have never been a jealous person, but it can be humorous.

Hah. I actually met my wife in Mississippi. She’s from Indiana though.

[quote]beachguy498 wrote:
She’s cute! Good luck to the both of you, she’s seems to be a keeper. I was married just 2 weeks shy of 31 years and lost my wife to cancer last year. She was definitely the best thing to happen to me and my extended family, I could never come up with a bad word to say about her. We had our squabbles, but always worked them out.

You really should have a joint bank account so you both know where the money is going and either should be able to access the account. I have a separate business account and my wife had a small account where we had our safety deposit box.[/quote]

My condolences good sir, very sorry to hear that. I haven’t been with someone that long, but I know what it is like to lose someone close and dear to you as a significant other. No pain quite compares.

Well we do have one joint bank account where all the money goes to pay bills and it leaves from there to the respective bills, but we still have our main solo ones as well. We are fortunate that money is not an issue for either of us, but if it were to become one for either the other would gladly pick it up or whatever needed to be done.

OH I have to share this as she may go down as the best fiance ever (at least in my opinion!). I came home early the other day and had to do a few things at the guest house out back, so I came in the back door, which she did not expect. She had her computer up and had gone out to her car to get her purse and I briefly caught the screen.

I am pretty sure she is buying me a Barrett .338 Lapua with a S&B PMII 5-25x56 as a wedding gift. Game Over. She wins.

Now, I have to think of something to trump that.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Hah. I actually met my wife in Mississippi. She’s from Indiana though.[/quote]

Mine was born and raised in MS.

[quote]Bauber wrote:
OH I have to share this as she may go down as the best fiance ever (at least in my opinion!). I came home early the other day and had to do a few things at the guest house out back, so I came in the back door, which she did not expect. She had her computer up and had gone out to her car to get her purse and I briefly caught the screen.

I am pretty sure she is buying me a Barrett .338 Lapua with a S&B PMII 5-25x56 as a wedding gift. Game Over. She wins.

Now, I have to think of something to trump that.[/quote]

Congrats man, wouldn’t it be something if she opened up the exact same gift?? Hmm

[quote]scoots2 wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

Now, I have to think of something to trump that.[/quote]

Congrats man, wouldn’t it be something if she opened up the exact same gift?? Hmm
[/quote]

Thank you sir. I was thinking more along the lines of a 2015 Range Rover sport. She won’t ever buy one for herself and I know she likes them.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]beachguy498 wrote:

You really should have a joint bank account so you both know where the money is going and either should be able to access the account. I have a separate business account and my wife had a small account where we had our safety deposit box.[/quote]

My condolences good sir, very sorry to hear that. I haven’t been with someone that long, but I know what it is like to lose someone close and dear to you as a significant other. No pain quite compares.

Well we do have one joint bank account where all the money goes to pay bills and it leaves from there to the respective bills, but we still have our main solo ones as well. We are fortunate that money is not an issue for either of us, but if it were to become one for either the other would gladly pick it up or whatever needed to be done.[/quote]

Good, you really have to have that level of trust to share the finances. We got a joint account together shortly after we got married. She was a banker and always had these awesome jobs.

Definitely a big shock to me and everyone that knew Barbara. I ran into someone she worked with the other day and they are still grieving over her. Like I said, she was amazing, always right and always knew what to do in any situation. She kept her great looks up until the last couple of months of her cancer battle.

Get her something that’ll last longer than a car. Your description makes her seem a bit frugal, so maybe ease slowly into the big stuff so she won’t expect encore gifts so often. I was warned of that during first engagement, but ignored it. We did fine.

Glad to read you’ll be a lawyer soon. BE SURE to keep office activity separate from home stuff. This could be tricky if you go into practice with large law firm that requires “only” 2,000 billable hours a year where you wind up working Saturdays and Sunday afternoons. If you join one of those groups, go in with eyes wide open. Also know that insurance defense can be a real drag. I remember a seminar once where the malpractice lecture started with “you have a choice if you join a large law firm, either remain an associate with first wife or make partner with second one.”

My first wife was bored to death with the work stories I would tell her, so I stopped after the first year. Second wife (first one died on me after 28 good years) loves to hear about my work, and I think it’s sort of mundane now. I just tell her the incredible stuff, which incredibly reoccurs.

Whatever you do, just treat her as the center of your world.

Congratulations![/quote]

She is a school teacher. Just finished her EDD last May. Her dad owned a large trucking company and sold it splitting it with her and her older sister. I had no idea until recently when we bought a vacation house on Pickwick lake what her disposable cash was like.

From what she drives and her house, you’d never guess it.[/quote]

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing those pictures. I LOVE the ring, & I’m sure she does too. I have been married for 18 yrs. and it has been the best part of my life! She is very pretty. Her eyes are amazing! She looks really glamorous & lovely in the car wearing the black lace shirt. Having the money, deciding to teach and living the way she does by choice says a lot about her character. Sure seems like you picked a winner! May you have many years of the best of everything.

Bauber-good luck to you, on the engagement and on wrapping up L school, I’ll assume you are taking the bar this summer so good luck on that as well- pro tip: make sure you don’t get caught up in the color of the doilies for your wedding to the detriment of studying, as I recall you were a high ranking student, but the bar requires hours even from high-performance law students

[quote]Mcincinatti wrote:
Bauber-good luck to you, on the engagement and on wrapping up L school, I’ll assume you are taking the bar this summer so good luck on that as well- pro tip: make sure you don’t get caught up in the color of the doilies for your wedding to the detriment of studying, as I recall you were a high ranking student, but the bar requires hours even from high-performance law students[/quote]

I’ll throw this in as well: Two friends on law review were too self assured, didn’t study much for the bar, and they each failed it. A friend’s married friend and his wife had regular arguments throughout law school (they’d sometimes throw plates of spaghetti at each other during meal arguments; this from advanced degree spouses!). Night before first bar test she moved out on him. He didn’t pass.

[quote]biker wrote:
Get her something that’ll last longer than a car. Your description makes her seem a bit frugal, so maybe ease slowly into the big stuff so she won’t expect encore gifts so often. I was warned of that during first engagement, but ignored it. We did fine.

Glad to read you’ll be a lawyer soon. BE SURE to keep office activity separate from home stuff. This could be tricky if you go into practice with large law firm that requires “only” 2,000 billable hours a year where you wind up working Saturdays and Sunday afternoons. If you join one of those groups, go in with eyes wide open. Also know that insurance defense can be a real drag. I remember a seminar once where the malpractice lecture started with “you have a choice if you join a large law firm, either remain an associate with first wife or make partner with second one.”

My first wife was bored to death with the work stories I would tell her, so I stopped after the first year. Second wife (first one died on me after 28 good years) loves to hear about my work, and I think it’s sort of mundane now. I just tell her the incredible stuff, which incredibly reoccurs.

Whatever you do, just treat her as the center of your world. [/quote]

Very good advice. I will put more thought into the gift.

Luckily, I have already landed a job with a large intermodal transportation company. I am actually working there some already. It is a M-F 8-5 gig currently, but I know that can always be subject to change depending on what is going in within the company.

[quote]Glittergirl69 wrote:
Congratulations![/quote]

She is a school teacher. Just finished her EDD last May. Her dad owned a large trucking company and sold it splitting it with her and her older sister. I had no idea until recently when we bought a vacation house on Pickwick lake what her disposable cash was like.

From what she drives and her house, you’d never guess it.[/quote]

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing those pictures. I LOVE the ring, & I’m sure she does too. I have been married for 18 yrs. and it has been the best part of my life! She is very pretty. Her eyes are amazing! She looks really glamorous & lovely in the car wearing the black lace shirt. Having the money, deciding to teach and living the way she does by choice says a lot about her character. Sure seems like you picked a winner! May you have many years of the best of everything.[/quote]

Thank you very much =)