Get Your Act Together

Did this ass-backwards, was supposed to lift yesterday, then have pizza & then go for long cycle the next day.

Did pizza first, cycle the next day & then had to drag myself to lift. Cycle wasn’t necessarily that long but a lot longer then when I go to & fro work.

1 Like

Book says one can stretch out stage 1. I’ll add in 1 more session of 310 & 38 to WO A & B (4 extra sessions).

I remember enjoying stage 2 and sad that it was over so quickly, when I know I could have milked it more.

Need to start adding some mobility work in between. I’m pretty sure I saw a good one in an article years ago. Pretty sure I did it as well.

1 Like

Hip hurty so tried to take it easy on lunges. Me tired and eating too much & too little if that makes sense.

1 Like

Got a new bike. Still heavy but it’s got a bit more pick up on the initial peddle. Never thought I’d go for bigger tires.

Oops, was wondering why squats felt a little heavy, going off memory, got mixed up with DLs, just don’t want to strain anything. My other hip was hurting, smashed my finger on Fri, but feeling better, except for my coccyx feels out of line.

Maybe the new bike?

Ha sorry I meant to say, my coccyx feels out of line, still after all this time. But now that you mention it, yeah it’s most likely from bikes, this is my 4th bike, and so far most expensive, used for commuting since I started 2013. Yes my next purchase is another saddle. They are so hard to fit right on each individual though.

My flabster, it was way too hot & I didn’t eat much that day for lifting. Didn’t do any crunches or lunges, felt faint afterwards. Probably more to the lack of food, this whole too much & not enough I can’t seem to get things in balance. Stupid asthma w/ the weather too.

1 Like

Ok someone is not paying attention here to the program, even after reviewing the program before she lifts.

Felt ok during the session but kinda blah afterward.

1 Like

Oops almost posted on someone else’s thread. Woke up with a sharp pain on back. Thee rest of me might be willing and able for heavier squats, but my ribs do not have the wherewithal. I did jump up on the weight faster than I thought, but back to baby stepping down the hall.

Awwww. It will come. Just keep going. Nice and steady.

on DB DL’s 80lb felt light on the lats, yay. Maybe the gap will close a little from upper body strength vs lower body strength.

Wrist is getting better, only to show me that I suck more on push ups then I thought.

Thanks!

Yeah need to make sure I can keep going. That rib thing scared me because I don’t want to go through that again :cry: . Think it was the squats, and the DB’s on the shoulders. Stupid no barbell gym.

1 Like

I did something the last 2 days, errr. Friday I played around with the machines & light DBs.
Lying leg curls, I guess you could call it a leg press, felt more like a squat half reclining machine, and some hunched over YTWLs. Oh and the elliptic thingy for 2 minutes.

Some yoga, my toes on the chaturanga to upward dog still needs some work, but upper body is behaving.

Last night at 10pm tried to do Workout A, squats at 60lb, hurty ribs, went down the 50lbs they gave the finger to me. Guess it’ll be goblet squats for the next 2 sessions. Then ribs still giving me the finger on the pushups and seated rows, so left.

Gym creepy without anyone down there anyway, didn’t want to put on headphones. I was watching short horror movies on Utube during the day, so that didn’t help. I’m still a 4 year old.

1 Like

Ok I’ve tried 3 times now to complete the 9th workout of A. Yesterday I felt meh, even trying to warm up, wasn’t weak in the muscles but just everything else, I got through one round.
Today almost did the complete workout, so I guess all three tries equals one, right?

Oh and only goblet squats for now for the ribs.

Sorry you’re feeling meh. I would have been freaked a bit too alone at the gym at 10 o’clock. I think we’re all 4 years old at times like that.

2 Likes

Left side was ouchy after awhile. I’m seeing osteo-accup guy 2moro. Last time he mentioned my shoulder was stopping my serratus from firing/stabalizing properly. Now that I’m aware…

1 Like

Hope he can help your ouchy!

Thanks, he helped a bit. He fired my left ass-medius, took a while though. And the serratus. Neck is still killing me.

Got some work to do, all this time I thought I was hitting the medius but it was my tfl I was strengthening more.

I feel like training for something very specific but not sure what, with all my aches. Certainly I’m not doing any running. No Oly :frowning: Want to set a better goal than just hitting the gym.

1 Like

Raise your hand if you have tight-ass QL’s.:raised_hand::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hands:

Well did as much as I could, wrist is getting better but er… paying attention to the medius, left one is still firing and well right one, poor little thing is trying.

1 Like

Almost finished with Stage1, even though I added a few extra sessions. Next 2 sessions are AMRAP, then on to Stage2.

I think I have to work on my wrist daily. Ok I guess my goals are to train the medius glute, but how does one know that they have arrived at a great strong medius? Wrist should be easy enough to quantify, 10 push ups without it hurting.

Also while I’m at this, 2 inches off the waist wouldn’t hurt either.