Get Your Act Together

Old Log
A bit depressing but also encouraging since I’ve done this all before, again and again. But I’ve never had such a HUGE break from lifting like this.

NROLW, I was reunited with the book from waaaaaay back when, so starting back to basics. The “no-nonsense & no overthinking” program . But have to make compromises on the equipment. Using a gym at my complex.

2019-06-28
Squats - 10 lb DB (some BW)
Seated Rows - IDK
Push-ups - Some sort of resemblance of a push
(forgot the last 2 exercises)

Ok, so yesterday was just trying to get used to everything again. I needed to look around at what equipment I can actually use for these exercises. Quads have the good sore today.

1 Like

Yay! A new log! Very exciting. Good to see you back!

I’m only counting these first 2 sessions as practice, not towards the 18 WO. Having fun:

DB DL - 40lb
DB press - 16lb
Rear Lunge - 16lb
Sw Ball Crunch
W lat pull down - @35

Facepull because I was waiting for the lat pulldown. I hit the gym just before that elusive and tenuous time before I’m hours away of TOM, where I feel very focused. Doesn’t always happen when I need it to.

1 Like

Hey my first 4th of July in a long time. Kind of over did it.

Back to the grind:
12 x 2
Squats - 20 lb DB
Face pulls (equipment issues)
Push-ups
15x2 step ups
12 prone jackknife

Found an old pic for some inspiration

1 Like

I’m not sure what happened to my post yesterday but it was something like this…

1 Like

12 x 2
Squats - 26 lb DB
Seated rows ? can’t remember 2nd thing
Push-ups (I have to go down, wrist hurts so having to do push ups on my knuckles which isn’t fun)
15x2 step ups
20 prone jackknife

1 Like

From personal experience (karate back in the day), I can tell you push ups on knuckles over time can make your fingers look fairly knarly. Fingertips are better if you can do them.

If your gym has those TRX strap things that are so popular now, you can grip those. Another possibility is it might have the pushup handlebar thingies.

Consistency is the key. Good luck!

welcome back!

After the reverse crunches gave myself some ART inside the hip flexors while straightening the leg.
I do like the fact that I can squeeze my shoulders better when using DBs for DLs.

Thanks, I hope I don’t have to do it for very long. Not even sure what happened to the wrist because I don’t think it was from exercise.
I would need to build up the fingers to even be able to take 0.0001% of my BW.

But I’ll scout around the gym see if I can’t come up with something like you are suggesting, handlebars would be great actually.

Thanks!

Back once again for the renegade master…maybe that should’ve been my song.
3rd or 4th time back, I can’t keep up over the years.

1 Like

Whinging…(TMI)

Was supposed to go for a few lengths, dam TOM is back! I hope I’m not starting the whole menopause thing! I’ve been regular as a atomic clock before I hit double digits.

And I’m not sure how well that Amniofix injection in the hip helped, kind of bugging me again. It’s stopped hurting as much but then again I’ve been cycling instead of walking, and we moved away from any hills.

Getting better insurance coverage soon tho, so might go back to my fav osteo-acupuncturist.

1 Like

No handle thingies for push ups, so still going on knuckles, fingers don’t help.

1 Like

Forgot people have created logs online for NROLW, found a nice Google sheet. And noticed that I only did 15 reps the first session, oh well.

Anyway that felt very good, I was laying on the mat afterwards just feeling that tingly sensation & vibes one gets out of doing a nice session.

1 Like

Small Milestone: Finished 1/2 of the stage 1 workout 1 sessions. Onto triple sets next time.

Energy was up and down during this session but struggled through. Work was a bit stressful this week. And I could’ve tried doing push-ups on DBs all this time :roll_eyes: However even those hurt the wrists. I’m now doing it on the low stable bar thingy on some machine, where I don’t have to grip or use knuckles.

2 Likes

Blood work came back, nothing to be alarmed about. My glucose is still in 80 range. Around this time last year it was heading into pre-diabetic at 101.

Came out of the gym itchy and looks like I have some bites. Not sure if one get bites at a gym while only being there < 50 mins?

Anyway my shoulder tired and twitchy.

One of the reasons I went to the gyn with a/c, I was being eaten by mosquitoes in mine. Not so bas now since it dried out.

Yeah no don’t think it’s mozzies, either fleas (there are lots of dogs in the complex, not that I care, doggies are doggies) but I’m hoping it’s nothing in my apartment.

1 Like

Last 2 exercises felt like cardio

Set rep scheme: 3 x 10
Squats - 40lb
Seated rows - 48 ( I really need to figure out how the weights work on this thing)
Push-ups - DIY (on the handle bars of a machine)
Step ups - 20 lbs DB
Prone jackknife (getting easier)

The dumbbells are starting to get more awkward to put on shoulders. IDK shouldn’t matter too much for now and the other 6 stages, DB’s will most likely suffice.

1 Like

Set rep scheme: 3 x 10
DB DL - 1st set 60lbs, 2 & 3rd set 70lbs
DB press - 30 lbs
W lat pull down - set 1 = 60lb (ugh); set 2 = 50, set 3 47
Rear Lunge 20lb/BW
Reverse crunches w/ working leg on ball

Well DB Dl’s are something, I can squeeze my lats with the freedom of movement from the bar. My lats were a bit fried, the lat pull down was a joke. I was afraid I would wake up with a bad case the rib ouchies. But only have the normal DOM feeling.