Geek S**T The SIXTH

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Man, I wish I was told about this show earlier, X.

It’s pretty damn good, I’m halfway through the 2nd season and I’m hooked.[/quote]

Enjoy it man. I think it just jumped the shark this season not sure but I can see the bike and the shark coming.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
It would seem the Game Spot editor agrees with me
[/quote]

I haven’t seen anything about the game that makes me want to buy it. Even the previews in Game Informer came off as a bit dull, and there didn’t seem to be a big push to advertise the game. Kinda sad considering that it’s such an awesome property, and should be spawning great games. Instead we haven’t gotten a good X-men game since Legends/II.

Sometimes I wonder if the folks at Game Spot even like video games. I’m not saying that review was unfair or undeserved. It’s just that if a game gets a bad review, then you can bet that review came from Game Spot. Seems to be company policy to score every game lower than the aggregate score. On the other hand the forums are awesome if you’re stuck and need to figure out a level or something.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
So far the biggest let down yet the Flash. Spoiler alert Flashpoint wwas the storyline that set up this new universe, and after Barry reset the universe you’d think he would have had it so he could be married to his true love Iris West Allen but no he’s with some other lady it just didn’t feel right. The New Captain Atom was strange as well I think that DC will try to connect him to Firestorm somehow his powers have changed and he can transmute elements now similar to Firestorm and now his powers are nuclear based(rather than the strange alien metal that they blew up under Capt Nathan Adam)
Finally DC really has to put out a timeline one shot like they did after the original Crisis that sort of explained what was going on. Right now the only stuff I can really figure out is Action and JLA are the past most everything else is the present and Green Lantern didn’t change at all.[/quote]

To be honest, I hate Barry Allen. I grew up pretty much with Wally West, and everything Barry has done Wally has done better. Having Dan Didio shoehorn Barry into everything didn’t endear me much to the character.

What DC is doing with Captain Atom does sound odd. Do they really need two transmutation guys? It can’t be much worse than the whole Monarch thing they did with him.

The comics I’m liking best are the one’s starting from scratch. I may stick with Action, Justice League, and Superboy. Probably ditch JLI, Green Lantern (not too happy with DC making Hal a retarded douchebag), and a few others.

[quote]Bujo wrote:

It would seem the Game Spot editor agrees with me
[/quote]

I haven’t seen anything about the game that makes me want to buy it. Even the previews in Game Informer came off as a bit dull, and there didn’t seem to be a big push to advertise the game. Kinda sad considering that it’s such an awesome property, and should be spawning great games. Instead we haven’t gotten a good X-men game since Legends/II.

Sometimes I wonder if the folks at Game Spot even like video games. I’m not saying that review was unfair or undeserved. It’s just that if a game gets a bad review, then you can bet that review came from Game Spot. Seems to be company policy to score every game lower than the aggregate score. On the other hand the forums are awesome if you’re stuck and need to figure out a level or something.[/quote]

wanna get real opinion about popular games? go with Yatzee at The Escapist.

That guy is like “Family Guy,” funny as long as I only watch an episode or two per week.

First pic of Michael Shannon as Zod. The costume is basically a black version of Cavill’s outfit (minus the cape), which suggests the revamped, trunk-free look is of Kryptonian origin.

Zod also has a chest logo.

[quote]Bujo wrote:
That guy is like “Family Guy,” funny as long as I only watch an episode or two per week.[/quote]

noooo.

I can watch Family Guy for 8 hours straight several days and keep laughing like a retarded kid.

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
So far the biggest let down yet the Flash. Spoiler alert Flashpoint wwas the storyline that set up this new universe, and after Barry reset the universe you’d think he would have had it so he could be married to his true love Iris West Allen but no he’s with some other lady it just didn’t feel right. The New Captain Atom was strange as well I think that DC will try to connect him to Firestorm somehow his powers have changed and he can transmute elements now similar to Firestorm and now his powers are nuclear based(rather than the strange alien metal that they blew up under Capt Nathan Adam)
Finally DC really has to put out a timeline one shot like they did after the original Crisis that sort of explained what was going on. Right now the only stuff I can really figure out is Action and JLA are the past most everything else is the present and Green Lantern didn’t change at all.[/quote]

To be honest, I hate Barry Allen. I grew up pretty much with Wally West, and everything Barry has done Wally has done better. Having Dan Didio shoehorn Barry into everything didn’t endear me much to the character.

What DC is doing with Captain Atom does sound odd. Do they really need two transmutation guys? It can’t be much worse than the whole Monarch thing they did with him.

The comics I’m liking best are the one’s starting from scratch. I may stick with Action, Justice League, and Superboy. Probably ditch JLI, Green Lantern (not too happy with DC making Hal a retarded douchebag), and a few others.
[/quote]
When I first started reading Flash it was SIlver Age pre crisis so it involved Barry I thought his original series ended perfectly he left for the future after being aquitted of murdering Prof Zoom and being with Iris and then he sacrificed himself during Crisis. I agree it sucks that Wally was put to the sidelines as since after reading Barry’s books I got into Wally and he was a different Flash and it was great stuff. What’s really fucked up is Red Hood what they’ve done with Starfire she doesn’t remember the Titans what the fuck?

Too bad DC had to change the original Armageddon 2001 storyline since Captain Atom was supposed to be Monarch. I’m going to stick with this series just so I can figure out what the hell is going on.

I wish they hadn’t cancelled Booster that was the best series DC had, the best issue was the one where he was trying fix Killing Joke and he couldn’t he got fucked up but he still tried to prevent Barbara from getting shot. They should just freaking bring back Ted Kord and get rid of Dido’s Beetle, how you feel about Barry is how I feel about Jaime.

This isn’t good

seriously FUCK YOU DC!

I wonder if this season will have more episodes there are three previews for the next Avengers cartoon series and it looks epic, skrulls, kree, gaurdians of the galaxy, ff, aim, masters of evil, the rulk, vision, yellowjacket. Will the animators have the balls to have Yellowjacket slap a bitch??

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
When I first started reading Flash it was SIlver Age pre crisis so it involved Barry I thought his original series ended perfectly he left for the future after being aquitted of murdering Prof Zoom and being with Iris and then he sacrificed himself during Crisis. I agree it sucks that Wally was put to the sidelines as since after reading Barry’s books I got into Wally and he was a different Flash and it was great stuff. What’s really fucked up is Red Hood what they’ve done with Starfire she doesn’t remember the Titans what the fuck?

Too bad DC had to change the original Armageddon 2001 storyline since Captain Atom was supposed to be Monarch. I’m going to stick with this series just so I can figure out what the hell is going on.

I wish they hadn’t cancelled Booster that was the best series DC had, the best issue was the one where he was trying fix Killing Joke and he couldn’t he got fucked up but he still tried to prevent Barbara from getting shot. They should just freaking bring back Ted Kord and get rid of Dido’s Beetle, how you feel about Barry is how I feel about Jaime. [/quote]

Seriously? She doesn’t remember the Teen Titans? I guess she doesn’t remember Dick Grayson either. I like George Perez’s original idea for her, “…I figured based on the description, was Red Sonja in outer space…” That is a comic book I would love to read. Put Starfire in space. Let Al Rio do the art. Kurt Busiek can write. It would be an amalgam of Conan and Buck Rogers, but with tits.

I enjoyed the Booster Gold series. I don’t like that they canceled his book to revamp the JLI title. I agree they need to bring back Ted Kord. Half the fun of the old JLI books was all the trouble Ted and Booster would make with get-rich-quick schemes. This new JLI without Ted Kord kinda sucks. I haven’t warmed up to Dan Dildo’s new Blue Beetle either. I don’t see any reason they can’t have both. Give Jamie Reyes his own title and toss Ted Kord into a team book like, I don’t know, the JLI.

On a similar note I was never a fan of them killing off Ronnie Raymond. Firestorm was that rookie character introduced when I was wee tike. He was a new guy, I was a new guy. It was cool reading his stories. Then killing him off just to replace him immediately with a new guy annoyed the piss out of me.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
This isn’t good
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=47430[/quote]

[quote]Dan Didio wrote:

For those in crisis over Crisis, let me clarify. The topic of Crisis was much discussed among the editors and talent working on The New 52. With so many characters and histories restarting, major events like Crisis are harder to place when they work for some and not for others. (that was one of the problems coming out of the original Crisis). While we are starting aprx five years into our heroesâ?? lives, we are focused on the characters present and future, and past histories will be revealed as the stories dictate. Yes, there have been â??crisisâ?? in our characters lives, but they arenâ??t exactly the Crisis you read before, they canâ??t be. Now, what this means for characters seen and unseenâ?¦â?¦ well, thatâ??s the fun of The New 52, infinite stories, infinite possibilities, with the best yet to come.

Thanks, as always for your interest and enthusiasm in The New 52. DD [/quote]

I thought the whole point of the New 52 was to start everything from scratch, from zero. I can read the old comics, but they wouldn’t have much effect on the new stories. I’m cool with that. So why the fuck did they not start everything from scratch? Why is Hal Jordan a Green Lantern in one book, but not a Green Lantern in another title? Where the hell is Kyle Rayner and John Stewart? What’s the point in keeping Blackest Night, but not Infinite Crisis?

I’m gonna finish reading all 52 #1 titles. Every title that makes ask, “WTF is going on?!?!” is going in the trash. What ever is left I will keep buying and reading.

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

I wish they hadn’t cancelled Booster that was the best series DC had, the best issue was the one where he was trying fix Killing Joke and he couldn’t he got fucked up but he still tried to prevent Barbara from getting shot. They should just freaking bring back Ted Kord and get rid of Dido’s Beetle, how you feel about Barry is how I feel about Jaime. [/quote]

Seriously? She doesn’t remember the Teen Titans? I guess she doesn’t remember Dick Grayson either. I like George Perez’s original idea for her, “…I figured based on the description, was Red Sonja in outer space…” That is a comic book I would love to read. Put Starfire in space. Let Al Rio do the art. Kurt Busiek can write. It would be an amalgam of Conan and Buck Rogers, but with tits.

I enjoyed the Booster Gold series. I don’t like that they canceled his book to revamp the JLI title. I agree they need to bring back Ted Kord. Half the fun of the old JLI books was all the trouble Ted and Booster would make with get-rich-quick schemes. This new JLI without Ted Kord kinda sucks. I haven’t warmed up to Dan Dildo’s new Blue Beetle either. I don’t see any reason they can’t have both. Give Jamie Reyes his own title and toss Ted Kord into a team book like, I don’t know, the JLI.

On a similar note I was never a fan of them killing off Ronnie Raymond. Firestorm was that rookie character introduced when I was wee tike. He was a new guy, I was a new guy. It was cool reading his stories. Then killing him off just to replace him immediately with a new guy annoyed the piss out of me.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
This isn’t good
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=47430[/quote]

[quote]Dan Didio wrote:

For those in crisis over Crisis, let me clarify. The topic of Crisis was much discussed among the editors and talent working on The New 52. With so many characters and histories restarting, major events like Crisis are harder to place when they work for some and not for others. (that was one of the problems coming out of the original Crisis). While we are starting aprx five years into our heroesâ?? lives, we are focused on the characters present and future, and past histories will be revealed as the stories dictate. Yes, there have been â??crisisâ?? in our characters lives, but they arenâ??t exactly the Crisis you read before, they canâ??t be. Now, what this means for characters seen and unseenâ?¦â?¦ well, thatâ??s the fun of The New 52, infinite stories, infinite possibilities, with the best yet to come.

Thanks, as always for your interest and enthusiasm in The New 52. DD [/quote]

I thought the whole point of the New 52 was to start everything from scratch, from zero. I can read the old comics, but they wouldn’t have much effect on the new stories. I’m cool with that. So why the fuck did they not start everything from scratch? Why is Hal Jordan a Green Lantern in one book, but not a Green Lantern in another title? Where the hell is Kyle Rayner and John Stewart? What’s the point in keeping Blackest Night, but not Infinite Crisis?

I’m gonna finish reading all 52 #1 titles. Every title that makes ask, “WTF is going on?!?!” is going in the trash. What ever is left I will keep buying and reading. [/quote]
Hal is Green Lantern in the past in JLA, Sinestro has Hal’s ring, Kyle is in New Gaurdians he actually is has every spectrum ring(it was actually a pretty cool book), John and Guy are in GL Corps but yeah I don’t know why they are keeping Blackest Night but not any of the Crisis’(maybe beetle will come back he was killed in countdown).
I really think DC is just doing this to make another crisis event they have to no way they would throw away so much continuity plus all the milestone books, Detective, Action et al that have been published since the 30’s

I have no idea what you guys are talking about…so please post links to key comic books (*preferably the collections of them all in one big color book) so I can watch too.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about…so please post links to key comic books (*preferably the collections of them all in one big color book) so I can watch too.
[/quote]
Basically DC rebooted their franchise and the published 52 new comics some of the books are happening in the past like Justice League and Action Comics where Batman and Superman are meeting for the first time, some are taking place in the present, like The Flash, and some don’t seem to have had any changes at all like the Green Lantern titles.

Also the big crossover events have been totally erased which further confuses us comic nerds as we cannot say in issue 700 of action comics Wonder Woman and Superman share a kiss so it’s very frustrating. My personal opinion is this reboot is in fact a big crossover and DC will reset itself in a year like when Marvel did Age of Apocylpse or Onslaught(which saw the FF, and the Avengers killed and reborn on a different earth).

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[/quote]
Basically DC rebooted their franchise and the published 52 new comics some of the books are happening in the past like Justice League and Action Comics where Batman and Superman are meeting for the first time, some are taking place in the present, like The Flash, and some don’t seem to have had any changes at all like the Green Lantern titles. Also the big crossover events have been totally erased which further confuses us comic nerds as we cannot say in issue 700 of action comics Wonder Woman and Superman share a kiss so it’s very frustrating. My personal opinion is this reboot is in fact a big crossover and DC will reset itself in a year like when Marvel did Age of Apocylpse or Onslaught(which saw the FF, and the Avengers killed and reborn on a different earth).[/quote]

Also, it just came out, so no TPBs for at least 6 months.

Okay finished GOW 3 Saturday, ending was a little bit of a let down. But did enjoy the time with this game.

Horde mode looks like something you can pick up and do in between new games coming out.

RAGE comes out tomorrow.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[/quote]

Also the big crossover events have been totally erased which further confuses us comic nerds as we cannot say in issue 700 of action comics Wonder Woman and Superman share a kiss so it’s very frustrating. My personal opinion is this reboot is in fact a big crossover and DC will reset itself in a year like when Marvel did Age of Apocylpse or Onslaught(which saw the FF, and the Avengers killed and reborn on a different earth).[/quote]

And this was one of the best sagas from marvel together with Civil War and The Infinity Gauntlet.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[/quote]
Basically DC rebooted their franchise and the published 52 new comics some of the books are happening in the past like Justice League and Action Comics where Batman and Superman are meeting for the first time, some are taking place in the present, like The Flash, and some don’t seem to have had any changes at all like the Green Lantern titles.

Also the big crossover events have been totally erased which further confuses us comic nerds as we cannot say in issue 700 of action comics Wonder Woman and Superman share a kiss so it’s very frustrating. My personal opinion is this reboot is in fact a big crossover and DC will reset itself in a year like when Marvel did Age of Apocylpse or Onslaught(which saw the FF, and the Avengers killed and reborn on a different earth).[/quote]

I was quite happy collecting TPBs of the non-canonical stories (Matt Wagner’s Trinity, Ross’ Justice and Kingdom Come) and the Vertigo titles. Then Blackest night sucked me back into buying the periodicals. I’m starting to remember why I switched to trades in the first place.

Cross over events were great when they were 6-weeks or summer specials, but these 18 month mega-crossover events are getting annoying.

About to go pick up Dark Souls and objects that I can break guilt free in my rage while playing it…

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[/quote]

I was quite happy collecting TPBs of the non-canonical stories (Matt Wagner’s Trinity, Ross’ Justice and Kingdom Come) and the Vertigo titles. Then Blackest night sucked me back into buying the periodicals. I’m starting to remember why I switched to trades in the first place.

Cross over events were great when they were 6-weeks or summer specials, but these 18 month mega-crossover events are getting annoying.
[/quote]
I know right after Blackest Night GL jumped into another mega crossover with Krona and the ring entities, usually you get a few months of build up but BOOM it was right into it all over again.

This looks like fun it’s going to premiere at the Toronto Fright Fest the film might be worth a look at on DVD