[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

So how is Michelle Rodriguez going to be in this film she was became a zombie and was killed in the first one[/quote]

Don’t care. They need to get Guillermo to direct it and they can toss anyone into it they want and I will buy tickets.[/quote]

I’ve honestly enjoyed this whole series of movies, a lot. Jovovich makes a great bad-ass character, IMO.

I don’t really like Rodriguez though, don’t know why, but I just never have.[/quote]

Racist[/quote]

Hahaha, she just looks like a bitch.[/quote]

You bite your tongue naive!

She’s hot, typedcasted as a strong/tough chick, has a non violent criminal record, and she could probably whoop your grandpa at checkers.

The perfect fling.[/quote]

i love her, first movie i watched with her was the first resident evil and fell in love instantly. But, WHY GOD, WHY SHE MUST DIE EVERY FUCKING POSSIBLE MOVIE?

we need more strong chicks on hollywood[/quote]

Cause she is a Latina, you know Hollywood must kill off the latin and black people in every movie. If there are no white people in movie then they just consider it a sad movie and kill everybody.

I love her cause the parts she plays and how she does it is an Exact representation of my wife. [/quote]

I love your wife.

I’m trying to remember which horror movie the black guy says: “Hell no i’m going there! Everybody knows that serial killer always kills the black dude first!” and if i’m not wrong the first guy who gets killed is the asian.

I think it was Friday 13th the remake.[/quote]

Yep and they still killed the black guy.

A lot of people love my wife, why I lift heavy to fight off guys.[/quote]

but it’s an horror movie. If you are not the main character or have a pair of boobs you are certainly going to die.

i Think this is my favorite death regarding Jason.

So I finally got around to reading some of the new DCnU/reboot/relaunch comics. I read Justice League, Action Comics (Superman), and Superboy. So far? I’m pretty pleased. Interestingly it seems different titles are telling stories from different eras of each character. I’ll come back to that in a bit.

Justice League #1
Justice League is the strongest title out of the gate. In this world superhumans are a new concept just being discovered. They are much a mystery verse the celebrity status many held in the previous continuum. Batman, Green Lantern, and Superman all seem well established in their unique roles, but none of them have ever formally met before. They all know of each other, but they’ve each stuck to their own niches. Both Gotham and Metropolis PD seems to have open “shoot on sight” orders for both Batman and Superman.

We first meet Batman. Batman is the stealth guy. Every move is planned and executed precisely. He moves and approaches everything cautiously and efficiently. If you’ve ever played a Splintercell game, then you know you’ve got to play the game smart. You can’t go in guns blazing. That’s Batman, and it is awesome.

Green Lantern is the exact opposite. Hal Jordan’s shit don’t stink. There isn’t a problem in the world he can’t handle, or so he believes. Everything he does pretty much annoys Batman, and much highlarity ensues. Their interaction is perfect.

Finally, on the last page we meet Superman in his new costume. Green Lantern thinking he’s the cock of the walk, gets taken down a peg. The issue ends setting the stage for a confrontation between Supes and Batsy. I’m looking forward to the next issue.

Action Comics #1
This comic begins about 6 months after Clark Kent moves to Metropolis. Clark is making his way as a free lance reporter and competing with Lois Lane at the rival newspaper. Jimmy Olsen is Clark’s best friend in Metropolis, and Lois’ camera man. It’s nice that they got that connection squared away quickly and efficiently. Superman isn’t the Superman we’re used to seeing. He’s not even the Superman I just saw in Justice League #1. He stomps around in workboots, jeans, and a t-shirt. That’s him in my avatar. He can’t fly yet, but he’s got heat/x-ray vision, and super jump. He’s strong as hell, but not near the level we’re used to. After fighting a wrecking ball, a couple tanks, and a few dozen cops Supes looks like most us would after sparring Lennox Lewis. He bruises, he bleeds, he gets knocked the fuck out.

Superboy #1
Superboy starts in some secret underground lab. Sort of a 50/50 mix between the previous continuum’s origin, and the Young Justice show’s origin. He’s clone made with half Kryptonian DNA, and half human DNA. His character is pretty much a blank slate, as would be expected. His ability to learn is impressive and leaves the reader wondering if we’re seeing his Kryptonian side or is it something new created by his hybrid genetics. Most of the story is character driven and we meet a lot of characters. There is also an immensely powerful organization operating in the shadows that, I’m sure, will see much investigation.

One thing I’m liking about the new books is being re-introduced to (for now) peripheral characters. In Justice League we meet a young Victor, who will become Cyborg in the future. In Action Comics we meet Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, and Lex Luthor. Superboy gave us a surprise by introducing Rose Wilson. Historically she’s been Deathstroke’s daughter and a villain named Ravager. My favorite was in Mr Terrific. We got to see Karen Starr, aka Power Girl. While she showed no powers, I’m interested in how DC will develop her this time around. Will they make the horrible mistakes of the 80s where PG and Supergirl got 20 years of retcons trying to explain why they had all abilities of Superman but weren’t Kryptonians. Or will DC take a more direct route in revealing that maybe Supes isn’t the last child of Krypton.

I’m really digging the new DC Universe, and can’t wait to read more of the upcoming new 52.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Backlash79 wrote:
Just got out of Picus ended up buying the Typhoon thing and that killed the boss in only 2 shots!
[/quote]

Wished I had thought of that when I played the game for the first time :frowning:
[/quote]

Me too. I spent that hopping around like a fool using super jump to keep me out of the electricity and dieing until that last power conduit exploded. Then it was grenades and short bursts with the combat rifle.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
First “level” of Gears 3 completed last night in Co-Op. So far so good. I forgot how much fun it is to use a chainsaw on someone.[/quote]

Just picked it up today. Should be on it extensively this weekend. Guess the wife is gonna be ignored by both of us this weekend. [/quote]

Man I was doing a beach obstacle course on Saturday out in Galveston, 3.5 miles and then drank 6 Mikes harder lemonade right after with no food. Needless to say the rest of the day was sleeping. Sunday was grocery store, church and then football.

So no GOW 3. :([/quote]

Was the obstacle course something like Warrior Dash or Tough Mudder? I’ll be running a Warrior Dash in Austin in November. They look like fun, and are just the right length for me. 3 miles is about all the fun I can when it comes to running.

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
First “level” of Gears 3 completed last night in Co-Op. So far so good. I forgot how much fun it is to use a chainsaw on someone.[/quote]

Just picked it up today. Should be on it extensively this weekend. Guess the wife is gonna be ignored by both of us this weekend. [/quote]

Man I was doing a beach obstacle course on Saturday out in Galveston, 3.5 miles and then drank 6 Mikes harder lemonade right after with no food. Needless to say the rest of the day was sleeping. Sunday was grocery store, church and then football.

So no GOW 3. :([/quote]

Was the obstacle course something like Warrior Dash or Tough Mudder? I’ll be running a Warrior Dash in Austin in November. They look like fun, and are just the right length for me. 3 miles is about all the fun I can when it comes to running.
[/quote]

Yea man in my log in the over 35 is all the details, actually I linked the pictures you can see what I did.
It was called beachapaloza but its the same guys who do the Warrior Dash etc. I think we (our group) are actually doing the Warrior dash in November also.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9333/bfbeta.jpg

battlefield 3 beta is overrated

we all want diablo 3 beta invitations =(

battlefield 3 beta is overrated

we all want diablo 3 beta invitations =([/quote]

You know this how?

I would have been similarly skeptical if I haven’t already played the alpha. It’s by far the best multiplayer game I’ve played in a very long time in every way shape and form and I wasn’t a COD or BF fanboy before I played the alpha.

Diablo 3 is another one I’m looking forward to as well. When I get my hands on one of those beta invitations, I’ll rub that one in as well. :slight_smile:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

Was the obstacle course something like Warrior Dash or Tough Mudder? I’ll be running a Warrior Dash in Austin in November. They look like fun, and are just the right length for me. 3 miles is about all the fun I can stand when it comes to running.
[/quote]

Yea man in my log in the over 35 is all the details, actually I linked the pictures you can see what I did.
It was called beachapaloza but its the same guys who do the Warrior Dash etc. I think we (our group) are actually doing the Warrior dash in November also.[/quote]

Spiffy.

X-men destiny would be at the house when I get home. I’ll let you guys know if it was worth it.

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

Was the obstacle course something like Warrior Dash or Tough Mudder? I’ll be running a Warrior Dash in Austin in November. They look like fun, and are just the right length for me. 3 miles is about all the fun I can stand when it comes to running.
[/quote]

It was called beachapaloza but its the same guys who do the Warrior Dash etc. I think we (our group) are actually doing the Warrior dash in November also.[/quote]

Spiffy.
[/quote]

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:

I believe us regular folks who haven’t pre-ordered have to wait until 9/29 to get in on the beta.

I’ll be trying it out on PS3.

One question - do most people playing multiplayer on PC use headsets? It seems like on PS3, the only people who use headsets are racists or 12 year olds (and sometime racist 12 year olds). I know most people on 360 have a headset, since they have the basic one they got with a live starter pack.

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9333/bfbeta.jpg[/quote]

I believe us regular folks who haven’t pre-ordered have to wait until 9/29 to get in on the beta.

One question - do most people playing multiplayer on PC use headsets? It seems like on PS3, the only people who use headsets are racists or 12 year olds (and sometime racist 12 year olds). I know most people on 360 have a headset, since they have the basic one they got with a live starter pack.[/quote]

i Think playing resident evil 5 and failing to inject wesker with the god damn virus for like 1 hour and a half on multiple tries was the time i was most offended in my life.

Then i noticed the kid was like 12 and that i’m considered old for this shit =(

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:
One question - do most people playing multiplayer on PC use headsets?[/quote]

Yes.

[quote]waldo21212 wrote:

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9333/bfbeta.jpg[/quote]

One question - do most people playing multiplayer on PC use headsets? It seems like on PS3, the only people who use headsets are racists or 12 year olds (and sometime racist 12 year olds). I know most people on 360 have a headset, since they have the basic one they got with a live starter pack.[/quote]

I would say that MOST of the people who play on PC use headsets and the ratio that are adults vs angry 12 year old kids are about 3:1 or so. A better split than most of the console gamers who use mics/headsets

[quote]Bujo wrote:
So I finally got around to reading some of the new DCnU/reboot/relaunch comics. I read Justice League, Action Comics (Superman), and Superboy. So far? I’m pretty pleased. Interestingly it seems different titles are telling stories from different eras of each character. I’ll come back to that in a bit.

Justice League #1
Justice League is the strongest title out of the gate. In this world superhumans are a new concept just being discovered. They are much a mystery verse the celebrity status many held in the previous continuum. Batman, Green Lantern, and Superman all seem well established in their unique roles, but none of them have ever formally met before. They all know of each other, but they’ve each stuck to their own niches. Both Gotham and Metropolis PD seems to have open “shoot on sight” orders for both Batman and Superman.

We first meet Batman. Batman is the stealth guy. Every move is planned and executed precisely. He moves and approaches everything cautiously and efficiently. If you’ve ever played a Splintercell game, then you know you’ve got to play the game smart. You can’t go in guns blazing. That’s Batman, and it is awesome.

Green Lantern is the exact opposite. Hal Jordan’s shit don’t stink. There isn’t a problem in the world he can’t handle, or so he believes. Everything he does pretty much annoys Batman, and much highlarity ensues. Their interaction is perfect.

Finally, on the last page we meet Superman in his new costume. Green Lantern thinking he’s the cock of the walk, gets taken down a peg. The issue ends setting the stage for a confrontation between Supes and Batsy. I’m looking forward to the next issue.

Action Comics #1
This comic begins about 6 months after Clark Kent moves to Metropolis. Clark is making his way as a free lance reporter and competing with Lois Lane at the rival newspaper. Jimmy Olsen is Clark’s best friend in Metropolis, and Lois’ camera man. It’s nice that they got that connection squared away quickly and efficiently. Superman isn’t the Superman we’re used to seeing.

He’s not even the Superman I just saw in Justice League #1. He stomps around in workboots, jeans, and a t-shirt. That’s him in my avatar. He can’t fly yet, but he’s got heat/x-ray vision, and super jump. He’s strong as hell, but not near the level we’re used to. After fighting a wrecking ball, a couple tanks, and a few dozen cops Supes looks like most us would after sparring Lennox Lewis. He bruises, he bleeds, he gets knocked the fuck out.

Superboy #1
Superboy starts in some secret underground lab. Sort of a 50/50 mix between the previous continuum’s origin, and the Young Justice show’s origin. He’s clone made with half Kryptonian DNA, and half human DNA. His character is pretty much a blank slate, as would be expected.

His ability to learn is impressive and leaves the reader wondering if we’re seeing his Kryptonian side or is it something new created by his hybrid genetics. Most of the story is character driven and we meet a lot of characters. There is also an immensely powerful organization operating in the shadows that, I’m sure, will see much investigation.

One thing I’m liking about the new books is being re-introduced to (for now) peripheral characters. In Justice League we meet a young Victor, who will become Cyborg in the future. In Action Comics we meet Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, and Lex Luthor. Superboy gave us a surprise by introducing Rose Wilson. Historically she’s been Deathstroke’s daughter and a villain named Ravager.

My favorite was in Mr Terrific. We got to see Karen Starr, aka Power Girl. While she showed no powers, I’m interested in how DC will develop her this time around. Will they make the horrible mistakes of the 80s where PG and Supergirl got 20 years of retcons trying to explain why they had all abilities of Superman but weren’t Kryptonians. Or will DC take a more direct route in revealing that maybe Supes isn’t the last child of Krypton.

I’m really digging the new DC Universe, and can’t wait to read more of the upcoming new 52.[/quote]
I liked the Green Lantern(mostly because it just continued the storyline and didn’t reboot), I have some hope for a few others but I wish Liefeild would go away he’s fucking up two of my favorite characters Hawk and Dove.

I’ll be picking up about two weeks worth of subs Firday and I’m excited to see Dick back as Nightwing(he’s not now nor should he become Batman they’re two seperate identities if anyone should inherit the mantle it should be Tim Drake). Oh and this is happening in the Batman book

shit everybody is hulking out on DC now.

First Joker on Gotham Asylum now Two-faces, who’s next Pinguin?

shit everybody is hulking out on DC now.

First Joker on Gotham Asylum now Two-faces, who’s next Pinguin?[/quote]

Well he did go through his bulking phase.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

Justice League #1

Action Comics #1
This comic begins about 6 months after Clark Kent moves to Metropolis. Clark is making his way as a free lance reporter and competing with Lois Lane at the rival newspaper. Jimmy Olsen is Clark’s best friend in Metropolis, and Lois’ camera man. It’s nice that they got that connection squared away quickly and efficiently. Superman isn’t the Superman we’re used to seeing.

He’s not even the Superman I just saw in Justice League #1. He stomps around in workboots, jeans, and a t-shirt. That’s him in my avatar. He can’t fly yet, but he’s got heat/x-ray vision, and super jump. He’s strong as hell, but not near the level we’re used to. After fighting a wrecking ball, a couple tanks, and a few dozen cops Supes looks like most us would after sparring Lennox Lewis. He bruises, he bleeds, he gets knocked the fuck out.

Superboy #1
Superboy starts in some secret underground lab. Sort of a 50/50 mix between the previous continuum’s origin, and the Young Justice show’s origin. He’s clone made with half Kryptonian DNA, and half human DNA. His character is pretty much a blank slate, as would be expected.

His ability to learn is impressive and leaves the reader wondering if we’re seeing his Kryptonian side or is it something new created by his hybrid genetics. Most of the story is character driven and we meet a lot of characters. There is also an immensely powerful organization operating in the shadows that, I’m sure, will see much investigation.

One thing I’m liking about the new books is being re-introduced to (for now) peripheral characters. In Justice League we meet a young Victor, who will become Cyborg in the future. In Action Comics we meet Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, and Lex Luthor. Superboy gave us a surprise by introducing Rose Wilson. Historically she’s been Deathstroke’s daughter and a villain named Ravager.

My favorite was in Mr Terrific. We got to see Karen Starr, aka Power Girl. While she showed no powers, I’m interested in how DC will develop her this time around. Will they make the horrible mistakes of the 80s where PG and Supergirl got 20 years of retcons trying to explain why they had all abilities of Superman but weren’t Kryptonians. Or will DC take a more direct route in revealing that maybe Supes isn’t the last child of Krypton.

I’m really digging the new DC Universe, and can’t wait to read more of the upcoming new 52.[/quote]
I liked the Green Lantern(mostly because it just continued the storyline and didn’t reboot), I have some hope for a few others but I wish Liefeild would go away he’s fucking up two of my favorite characters Hawk and Dove.

I’ll be picking up about two weeks worth of subs Firday and I’m excited to see Dick back as Nightwing(he’s not now nor should he become Batman they’re two seperate identities if anyone should inherit the mantle it should be Tim Drake). Oh and this is happening in the Batman book[/quote]

Not really adding anything of substance to the convo but “Batty Boy” in Jamaican Patois is another way to call someone a fag. Just figured I’d through that out there.