Geek S**T The SIXTH

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
First “level” of Gears 3 completed last night in Co-Op. So far so good. I forgot how much fun it is to use a chainsaw on someone.[/quote]

its fun but everytime i use a chainsaw on someone i have to go to jail for a few years[/quote]

read and learn.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/online_gaming

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/patty-jenkins-may-nab-thor-2

Okay Roy what do you think?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Okay Roy what do you think?[/quote]

Not sure… nothing in her CV screams “Thor”. She’s a unknown quantity in the sense that all of Marvel’s previous directors were chosen for very specific reasons:

Favreau for his indie sensibilities and experience with effects-heavy movies (Zathura); Leterrier for his action credentials; Branagh for his Shakespearean background; Johnston for his work on The Rocketeer and now Whedon for his experience as a comic book geek and ability to balance large casts (Serenity).

It’s not immediately apparent why she’s a frontrunner. There was talk of one of the Game of Thrones directors taking over from Branagh. That made sense as soon as I read it…

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Not sure… nothing in her CV screams “Thor”. She’s a unknown quantity in the sense that all of Marvel’s previous directors were chosen for very specific reasons:

Favreau for his indie sensibilities and experience with effects-heavy movies (Zathura); Leterrier for his action credentials; Branagh for his Shakespearean background; Johnston for his work on The Rocketeer and now Whedon for his experience as a comic book geek and ability to balance large casts (Serenity).

It’s not immediately apparent why she’s a frontrunner. There was talk of one of the Game of Thrones directors taking over from Branagh. That made sense as soon as I read it…

[/quote]

I hate being a sexist on certain things, but Thor is all about Male Test, I just do not think a lady can bring that out. Now I may be just an old asshole, but I just do not have faith she can pull that off.

There have been female directors that can make a good movie with violence, however to me Thor kind of embodies the War aspect of violence. The whole Male bonding type thing.

Again I am probably just being and old guy, but cant help what I feel and think.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

I hate being a sexist on certain things, but Thor is all about Male Test, I just do not think a lady can bring that out. Now I may be just an old asshole, but I just do not have faith she can pull that off.

There have been female directors that can make a good movie with violence, however to me Thor kind of embodies the War aspect of violence. The whole Male bonding type thing.

Again I am probably just being and old guy, but cant help what I feel and think.
[/quote]

No, that’s a perfectly fair comment. Monster is her best-known film and that was a female-centric story. They need to carry on choosing directors who have a track record in delivering the kind of tone the movie(s) require.

For me, it’s not so much that she’s a woman; it’s that her CV doesn’t include anything like Thor. Someone like Neil Marshall would be a good choice - a cult director with a fan base, capable, talented and deserving of a shot at an A-list movie…I’m not exactly blown away by some of the mooted writers either…

If they want a female director, they should go for Kathryn Bigelow.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
First “level” of Gears 3 completed last night in Co-Op. So far so good. I forgot how much fun it is to use a chainsaw on someone.[/quote]

Just picked it up today. Should be on it extensively this weekend. Guess the wife is gonna be ignored by both of us this weekend.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Just picked it up today. Should be on it extensively this weekend. Guess the wife is gonna be ignored by both of us this weekend. [/quote]

So who gets her next weekend?

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Just picked it up today. Should be on it extensively this weekend. Guess the wife is gonna be ignored by both of us this weekend. [/quote]

So who gets her next weekend?[/quote]

I already called shotgun.

So how is Michelle Rodriguez going to be in this film she was became a zombie and was killed in the first one

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

So how is Michelle Rodriguez going to be in this film she was became a zombie and was killed in the first one[/quote]

Don’t care. They need to get Guillermo to direct it and they can toss anyone into it they want and I will buy tickets.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

So how is Michelle Rodriguez going to be in this film she was became a zombie and was killed in the first one[/quote]

Don’t care. They need to get Guillermo to direct it and they can toss anyone into it they want and I will buy tickets.[/quote]

I’ve honestly enjoyed this whole series of movies, a lot. Jovovich makes a great bad-ass character, IMO.

I don’t really like Rodriguez though, don’t know why, but I just never have.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

Don’t care. They need to get Guillermo to direct it and they can toss anyone into it they want and I will buy tickets.[/quote]

I’ve honestly enjoyed this whole series of movies, a lot. Jovovich makes a great bad-ass character, IMO.

I don’t really like Rodriguez though, don’t know why, but I just never have.[/quote]

Racist

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

I don’t really like Rodriguez though, don’t know why, but I just never have.[/quote]

Racist[/quote]

Hahaha, she just looks like a bitch.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

Racist[/quote]

Hahaha, she just looks like a bitch.[/quote]

You bite your tongue naive!

She’s hot, typedcasted as a strong/tough chick, has a non violent criminal record, and she could probably whoop your grandpa at checkers.

The perfect fling.

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

Racist[/quote]

She’s hot, typedcasted as a strong/tough chick, has a non violent criminal record, and she could probably whoop your grandpa at checkers.

The perfect fling.[/quote]

I would definitely hit it, but as an actress, I’m not a fan.

Games tonight?

Is anyone else planning to play Battlefield 3 on PC/Origin? Would like people to squat up with. Early beta access is this coming Tuesday for those who pre-order and Thursday to the general public.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

Racist[/quote]

Games tonight?[/quote]

Killing brain cells in honor of my birthday tonight. No go for me sir.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:

Racist[/quote]

Games tonight?[/quote]

Killing brain cells in honor of my birthday tonight. No go for me sir.[/quote]

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Wol would say this is Yoko and the Beetles all over again.