Gaining Weight

[quote]JayPierce wrote:

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
I feel like eating when you are not hungry is a great way to add extra adipose onto your body…If you are not hungry why eat? When I am training my ass off, my body is craving for me to eat like a beast, so I eat, but I am not putting food into my mouth to force feed myself. Did that at one point…turned into a slob.

I only eat 3-4 solid meals a day…Big meals they are but that’s it and I don’t have any shakes.[/quote]
Apparently, I don’t gain weight as easily as you. I have found it damn near impossible to gain fat unless I’m eating a bit on the dirty side (except for peanut butter. PB goes right to my love handles now).

Even force feeding on a clean diet only got me to 195, and couldn’t budge the scale from there.[/quote]

Agreed. When I did weigh 150lbs I had a hard time even eating breakfast without gagging. I was simply not hungry most of the time. Had I relied on that and not forced my meals in, I would still be in the same state.

I really don’t think some here understand this. The guy who is super skinny is likely going to HAVE to force some meals down.

Acting like that isn’t true is just going to confuse people.

I feel like eating when you are not hungry is a great way to add extra adipose onto your body…If you are not hungry why eat?[/quote]

Hmmm, how about because forcing a huge gain in muscle mass for someone built very skinny is going to require forcing some food down even when not hungry.

Easy calories - PB and cream. Add those to a liquid meal and watch it double the calories with little added volume.

Keep track of your calories, it’s the only way you’ll have objective knowledge of how much you’re eating. Going by feeling isn’t going to cut it for hard-gainers.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I feel like eating when you are not hungry is a great way to add extra adipose onto your body…If you are not hungry why eat?[/quote]

Hmmm, how about because forcing a huge gain in muscle mass for someone built very skinny is going to require forcing some food down even when not hungry.
[/quote]

I only speak for myself then.

I can’t see how someone who is training hard, very physically active etc., has little to no appetite. I have no experience with that. If that’s how you were, then, again I am only speaking for myself or guys like myself who don’t have too much trouble gaining weight when we want to.

[/quote]

I can’t see how someone who is training hard, very physically active etc., has little to no appetite. I have no experience with that. If that’s how you were, then, again I am only speaking for myself or guys like myself who don’t have too much trouble gaining weight when we want to.[/quote]

That’s nice that you thought of yourself, but I would venture most guys who are naturally skinny have a hard time eating enough food…OR ELSE THEY WOULDN’T BE SKINNY.

Those types may be able to eat a lot in one sitting…but then they won’t eat another meal for a day after that. Like I already wrote, I used to feel nauseated forcing a meal in at breakfast.

Your advice would be the same for someone like that?

Yes, for most guys who plan on making huge changes in how they look, forcing food down is EXPECTED…and you can see this same mindset in just about every single pro on stage at some point in their training.

Even Mike Mattarrazo wrote about this quite a bit…and he was huge to start with.

[/quote]

I can’t see how someone who is training hard, very physically active etc., has little to no appetite. I have no experience with that. If that’s how you were, then, again I am only speaking for myself or guys like myself who don’t have too much trouble gaining weight when we want to.[/quote]

That’s nice that you thought of yourself, but I would venture most guys who are naturally skinny have a hard time eating enough food…OR ELSE THEY WOULDN’T BE SKINNY.

Those types may be able to eat a lot in one sitting…but then they won’t eat another meal for a day after that. Like I already wrote, I used to feel nauseated forcing a meal in at breakfast.

[/quote]

My advice would not be for someone like you, no.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
?

Dude, my bet is your advice isn’t even for people like you if you yourself plan on getting a shit load bigger than you are now.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
?

Dude, my bet is your advice isn’t even for people like you if you yourself plan on getting a shit load bigger than you are now.[/quote]

I’m not doing too bad right now.

I’m not doing too bad right now.[/quote]

Uh, no one said you were. In fact, I was pretty specific in what I wrote.

I’m not doing too bad right now.[/quote]

Uh, no one said you were. In fact, I was pretty specific in what I wrote.[/quote]

Word, and I was implying that I am doing well now and know what I need to do to get to where I want to go.

I feel like eating when you are not hungry is a great way to add extra adipose onto your body…If you are not hungry why eat? When I am training my ass off, my body is craving for me to eat like a beast, so I eat, but I am not putting food into my mouth to force feed myself. Did that at one point…turned into a slob.

I only eat 3-4 solid meals a day…Big meals they are but that’s it and I don’t have any shakes.[/quote]

The original poster stated that he has difficulty putting on weight and that his metabolism is way too fast. If you get fat when you force feed yourself then you obviously have a different metabolism from the original poster. Personally I have a fast metabolism and I can force feed myself until I feel sick all day every day and I don’t store fat. I didn’t post up how I eat because I like talking about myself. I posted because it sounds like him and I have similar body types/metabolisms and therefore my eating routine for gaining weight might be what he needs to gain weight.

[quote]mojo jojo wrote:

The original poster stated that he has difficulty putting on weight and that his metabolism is way too fast. If you get fat when you force feed yourself then you obviously have a different metabolism from the original poster. Personally I have a fast metabolism and I can force feed myself until I feel sick all day every day and I don’t store fat. I didn’t post up how I eat because I like talking about myself. I posted because it sounds like him and I have similar body types/metabolisms and therefore my eating routine for gaining weight might be what he needs to gain weight. [/quote]

I was responding to actionboys post. I did not read the original post.

[quote]drock82 wrote:
Well Morning I’ll have about 4 eggs and some toast

Then about every hour or so i have snacks here and there like nuts, veggies, and fruit.

For lunch i’ll either have a few pieces of meat such as chicken or steak. I’ll also have a sandwich on the side and other little snacks to go with it.

and about an hour or 2 later i’ll have some snacks and i usually will eat dinner at about 7- 730 and it just depends what dinner is… i’ll have pasta or meat and side dishes with it. and then after working out i have a protein shake.[/quote]

And to anyone jumping down my throat…

Do you call the above force feeding or even eating that much? 2 of my meals is all of this food.

Even if you got fat at one point and cut down now, you will eventually have to froce feed yourself again…

I’m sure you will find that out for yourself, though…

there will come a time where you will need to consistantly eat a higher amount of cals to gain muscle…

if your only eating 3000kcal of steak and rice…when you need 4000kcal, period…

Nothing is going to happen…trust me I know…

Your body requires a certain amount of energy to synthesize protein…so, you will need to give it that energy…

that doesn’t mean to eat everything you want…just eat the RIGHT amount…which is different for everyone…You should know by now what your genetics are capable of in terms of gaining, so it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out…

Maybe you already know this…regardlness, just don’t hold your progress back because you are scared to push things again…eventually, you will need to add weight to the scale…

[quote]D Public wrote:
Even if you got fat at one point and cut down now, you will eventually have to froce feed yourself again…

there will come a time where you will need to consistantly eat a higher amount of cals to gain muscle…

Your body requires a certain amount of energy to synthesize protein…so, you will need to give it that energy…

that doesn’t mean to eat everything you want…just eat the RIGHT amount…which is different for everyone…You should know by now what your genetics are capable of in terms of gaining, so it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out…

Maybe you already know this…regardlness, just don’t hold your progress back because you are scared to push things again…eventually, you will need to add weight to the scale…

[/quote]

Who are you addressing?

[quote]drock82 wrote:
Well Morning I’ll have about 4 eggs and some toast

Then about every hour or so i have snacks here and there like nuts, veggies, and fruit.

For lunch i’ll either have a few pieces of meat such as chicken or steak. I’ll also have a sandwich on the side and other little snacks to go with it.

and about an hour or 2 later i’ll have some snacks and i usually will eat dinner at about 7- 730 and it just depends what dinner is… i’ll have pasta or meat and side dishes with it. and then after working out i have a protein shake.[/quote]

And to anyone jumping down my throat…

Do you call the above force feeding or even eating that much? 2 of my meals is all of this food.[/quote]

this was my point.

it’s just a general response to anyone who got fat and cut down…not really specifically addressing anyone…

I think the OP knows what he needs to do…Mojo’s post was great…that is a solid diet for someone that needs a ton of cals…

I just wanted to post that as I think guys who were formerly fat(such as myself)…get scared to push things again…and you will eventually ahev to if your goal is to gain more muscle…

You can mentally will things as much as you want…but physics is real, man…if the energy is not tehre, nothing is going to happen…

[quote]JayPierce wrote:

Apparently, I don’t gain weight as easily as you.[/quote]

are you still “dieting” austin? I was under the impression that you were still leaning up, not gaining weight.

[quote]D Public wrote:

[/quote]

Who are you addressing?[/quote]

Dude, you ok? I mean, you have made decent progress…but I hope you don’t think you have reached any extreme yet.

You seem to be very defensive about anyone even commenting as if you could possibly make more progress than you have…as if that simply isn’t possible.

@ D Public:

Whats up with every sentence “ending” with a … ? are you just trailing off in every thought and not finishing your sentences…?

lol