Food... The Bad Stuff You Crave

Kefir.

Chock full of modified food starch and high fructose corn syrupy goodness.

And sugar for added vitamin support.

Comes in strawberry flavor, which is like, y’know, a fruit. So it’s healthy.

Love the stuff. 1 quart is 800-900 kcals and 28-36 grams of protein depending on the brand.

mmmm-mmm!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
ecogenx wrote:
drug rep brought a great lunch today. I’m eating a lobster roll as i sit and type with my free hand. i have choc cream pie for desert. i really like this rep.

If you are over 35, then you are hurting yourself by eating that. During the day, your body shuts down the parasympathetic system FOR A PURPOSE. You are going against your body by turning the parasympathetic system on.

No wonder we have so much diabetes, high BP, and cancer or heart disease. You should hardly be eating at all, during the day.

“Sympathetic and parasympathetic divisions typically function in opposition to each other. But this opposition is better termed complementary in nature rather than antagonistic. For an analogy, one may think of the sympathetic division as the accelerator and the parasympathetic division as the brake. The sympathetic division typically functions in actions requiring quick responses. The parasympathetic division functions with actions that do not require immediate reaction. The main actions of the parasympathetic nervous system are summarized by the phrase “rest and repose” or “rest and digest” (in contrast to the “fight-or-flight” of the sympathetic nervous system).”

[/quote]

I’ll take a good hurtin’ like that once in a while.

Bring it on!

[quote]skidmark wrote:
Kefir.

Love the stuff. 1 quart is 800-900 kcals and 28-36 grams of protein depending on the brand.

mmmm-mmm!
[/quote]

Yeah, I briefly got into the Kefir/liquid yogurt syrup addiction groove …

Kind of fits the work-out food mix that they suggest. Understand it tastes better than products like Surge, though it can end up costing more.

Well, up and at em.

[quote]hel320 wrote:
thosebananas wrote:
Capacity wrote:
thosebananas wrote:
Crisp sandwich’s with mayo. :smiley:

OK, I give up. What is that?

Yeah, I’ll get around to posting mine … soon. :wink:

Cappy

Take two pieces of bread, toast then to about 10 seconds after they turn brown. liberally butter them. open a bag od crisps, crunch them up a wee bit in the packet. pour them onto once slice of toast. apply lots of mayo to the other. close the sandwich and eat.

Scott

A potato chip samich! With your name though you should add some sliced bananas to it. Elvis’ favorite.
[/quote]
the “weirdist” thing ive eaten and still like is a bacon sandwich with peanut butter instead of butter. :stuck_out_tongue:

fucking lovely

xx

[quote]skidmark wrote:
Kefir.

mmmm-mmm!
[/quote]

If you like kefir, make it yourself at home. Get a starter culture. Leave out the high fructose corn syrup, and sugar, add honey instead.

You can make it high fat, low fat or fat free.
This way, it really IS healthy.

And if you like yogurt, try Greek yogurt. It’s half the carbs and twice the protein as regular yogurt, with the same amount of total calories.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
ecogenx wrote:
drug rep brought a great lunch today. I’m eating a lobster roll as i sit and type with my free hand. i have choc cream pie for desert. i really like this rep.

If you are over 35, then you are hurting yourself by eating that. During the day, your body shuts down the parasympathetic system FOR A PURPOSE. You are going against your body by turning the parasympathetic system on.

No wonder we have so much diabetes, high BP, and cancer or heart disease. You should hardly be eating at all, during the day.

"Sympathetic and parasympathetic divisions typically function in opposition to each other. But this opposition is better termed complementary in nature rather than antagonistic.

For an analogy, one may think of the sympathetic division as the accelerator and the parasympathetic division as the brake. The sympathetic division typically functions in actions requiring quick responses. The parasympathetic division functions with actions that do not require immediate reaction.

The main actions of the parasympathetic nervous system are summarized by the phrase “rest and repose” or “rest and digest” (in contrast to the “fight-or-flight” of the sympathetic nervous system)."

[/quote]

This sounds like thw Warrior Diet, from over in the Alpha threads. May want to read that.

I met the guy behind the Warrior Diet a while back. Interestingly enough, he has guys he is training who get up to 1800 calories a day in the incidental day time calories.

http://www.warriordiet.com/blog/archives/49-The-FOX-Fiasco-How-The-Warrior-Diet-was-Ambushed-on-National-TV,-and-Why-Never-to-Trust-a-Fat-Health-Expert.html

Is a good link to start on over there at his site.

This always kills me. Walking by a KFC and smelling the auroma of that chicken. It drives me crazy. It smells so good, yet I know it taste like shit. I never buy any but the smell tastes so good.

Oooooo…I somehow missed this thread. Hands down, for me it’s a deep dish Chicago pizza.