Food... The Bad Stuff You Crave

I don’t usually watch my diet that much but I try to limit the junk food. My weaknesses are Mountain Dew and Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I could eat a whole dozen in one sitting.
JWilly, One thing I learned from a restaurant owner near Foscoe was in NC never argue about two things, religion and which is better eastern or western NC BBQ. Even though me and you both know which is better.

You mean your not supposed to eat this stuff?
God Bless, Lonnie

[quote]Ironmantrw wrote:
My weaknesses are Mountain Dew and Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I could eat a whole dozen in one sitting.

JWilly, One thing I learned from a restaurant owner near Foscoe was in NC never argue about two things, religion and which is better eastern or western NC BBQ. Even though me and you both know which is better.
[/quote]

And I was proud I didn’t mention an RC cola and a moon pie.

They make BBQ up there in NC? I thought we just shipped it to you guys.

Crisp sandwich’s with mayo. :smiley:

[quote]hel320 wrote:
Ironmantrw wrote:

And I was proud I didn’t mention an RC cola and a moon pie.
They make BBQ up there in NC? I thought we just shipped it to you guys.[/quote]

hahaha…We like to think we do, of occasion…

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
Crisp sandwich’s with mayo. :D[/quote]

OK, I give up. What is that?

Yeah, I’ll get around to posting mine … soon. :wink:

Cappy

http://adrr.com/recipe/

That was before I developed the chocolate allergy.

As I was bulking up to 265 (ok, trying to eat myself to death) it was the 13" pan of brownies with the gourmet cocoa and chocolate chips.

Now, I had a slice of my mom’s cheesecake and called it a splurge.

Life sure has changed. Used to be any food was a trigger.

//////////////////////////

Though, honestly, I avoid cobblers since they seem to do it for me.

http://adrr.com/recipe/brownie.htm

Steve’s Trademark Fudge Brownies

1 cup and 4 tablespoons butter.
  Microwave until soft and starting to melt.

12 tablespoons cocoa.
  Add to the butter and beat.

2 cups sugar.
  Add and whip.

4 eggs.
  Add, stir until blended. Do not overstir.

1 tablespoon vanilla.
  Cut into the mix gently.

1 cups flour.
  Blend.

2 cups chocolate chips.
  Fold into mix.

Pour into 13" x 9" pan and bake at 350oF for thirty minutes.  (-32*5/9 = 177oC) 

I’d make a second pan if anyone else expected brownies on the same day.

This thread was a bad idea!

The process of eating food is itself bad for you. It is just that the alternative (death) is worse.

Anyone over 40 should be eating very little during the day, maybe a couple of handfuls of walnuts and a couple of cheese sticks. Think like a hunter-gatherer. Then, since it is instinctual to binge, have a huge healthy meal at night, after a workout. Your system then would at least have had the day to rest from digestion.

Let’d face it: building muscle esp after 50 is just not a big deal. We should concentrate on being lean and having healthy hearts. Stay or even get wicked strong but the bulking days are history.

[quote]ecogenx wrote:
drug rep brought a great lunch today. I’m eating a lobster roll as i sit and type with my free hand. i have choc cream pie for desert. i really like this rep.[/quote]

If you are over 35, then you are hurting yourself by eating that. During the day, your body shuts down the parasympathetic system FOR A PURPOSE. You are going against your body by turning the parasympathetic system on.

No wonder we have so much diabetes, high BP, and cancer or heart disease. You should hardly be eating at all, during the day.

“Sympathetic and parasympathetic divisions typically function in opposition to each other. But this opposition is better termed complementary in nature rather than antagonistic. For an analogy, one may think of the sympathetic division as the accelerator and the parasympathetic division as the brake. The sympathetic division typically functions in actions requiring quick responses. The parasympathetic division functions with actions that do not require immediate reaction. The main actions of the parasympathetic nervous system are summarized by the phrase “rest and repose” or “rest and digest” (in contrast to the “fight-or-flight” of the sympathetic nervous system).”

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
ecogenx wrote:
drug rep brought a great lunch today. I’m eating a lobster roll as i sit and type with my free hand. i have choc cream pie for desert. i really like this rep.

If you are over 35, then you are hurting yourself by eating that. During the day, your body shuts down the parasympathetic system FOR A PURPOSE. You are going against your body by turning the parasympathetic system on.

[/quote]

Guess I’m a freak of nature, then.

Chocolate mint ice cream. Put down a quart last night, suffered through lactose sensitive cramps pretty much all night. First bit of ice cream in over a year. Was it worth it? Hell yeah. A little (over)indulgence never hurt anyone.

[quote]Elaikases wrote:

Steve’s Trademark Fudge Brownies

1 cup and 4 tablespoons butter.
  Microwave until soft and starting to melt.

12 tablespoons cocoa.
  Add to the butter and beat.

2 cups sugar.
  Add and whip.

4 eggs.
  Add, stir until blended. Do not overstir.

1 tablespoon vanilla.
  Cut into the mix gently.

1 cups flour.
  Blend.

2 cups chocolate chips.
  Fold into mix.

Pour into 13" x 9" pan and bake at 350oF for thirty minutes.  (-32*5/9 = 177oC) 

[/quote]

Holy cow! I had angina just from reading that! :wink:

Cappy

This is easy for me…Mashed Potatoes

I can eat them with any meal, any time, any where. Since I switched to low carb…I really freakin miss mashed potatoes…

[quote]Capacity wrote:
thosebananas wrote:

Cappy

[/quote]

Take two pieces of bread, toast then to about 10 seconds after they turn brown. liberally butter them. open a bag od crisps, crunch them up a wee bit in the packet. pour them onto once slice of toast. apply lots of mayo to the other. close the sandwich and eat.

Scott

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
Capacity wrote:
thosebananas wrote:

Cappy

Take two pieces of bread, toast then to about 10 seconds after they turn brown. liberally butter them. open a bag od crisps, crunch them up a wee bit in the packet. pour them onto once slice of toast. apply lots of mayo to the other. close the sandwich and eat.

Scott[/quote]

A potato chip samich! With your name though you should add some sliced bananas to it. Elvis’ favorite.

So many people…so many death wishes…a Grim Reaper’s feast right here!!

[quote]Capacity wrote:

Holy cow! I had angina just from reading that! :wink:

Cappy

[/quote]

I was trying to eat myself to death back then. My body outlasted me and I finally got through my grief issues.

But, yeah, I ate a lot of bad stuff back then.

Used to have a bad coke problem. Coke, as in the type ingested through a straw, into the mouth. The addiction was like the nose candy type though. It was nothing to have six 20oz. Cokes in a day. Weekends, during football season…a two liter would be done before the first game was over. Of course, you have to have pretzels w/ all that sugar. Then just to push yourself back into the ‘sweet spot’, toss in some M&Ms.

I quite the soda cold turkey (and all the other junk too) the day before Thanksgiving. Now pasta is my main craving. I give in about once every six weeks.