FINiBAR - Fuel for the Finish

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
Mod Brian wrote:
greekdawg wrote:
SO is this geared more toward endurance activities and endurance athletes?

Only if you consider activities like MMA and strongman training as endurance activities.

greekdawg wrote:
And what the hell is the first ingredient: isomultulose?

It’s a low glycemic and low insulinemic carbohydrate that breaks down to glucose.

So where does isomultulose come from? what is the food source?

Usually when you guys introduce a new product, there is an article with more info about it, there is no such article with is bar, so I’m kind of in the dark about it, it’s purpose and it’s ingredients.

In fact, this is the the first time I’ve ever heard of isomultulose.[/quote]

Check out palatinose:

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
So where does isomultulose come from? what is the food source?

Usually when you guys introduce a new product, there is an article with more info about it, there is no such article with is bar, so I’m kind of in the dark about it, it’s purpose and it’s ingredients.

In fact, this is the the first time I’ve ever heard of isomultulose.[/quote]

Isomultulose occurs naturally in honey and sugar cane.

There’s no article because, as previously stated, this product wasn’t designed for the average T-Nation member. Please see my previous posts for more on this.

We released FINiBAR for sale because there’s been demand for it from those who’ve already been exposed to it.

I just got home to find my FINIBAR order here already.

I couldn’t resist tearing one open right away and have to say they are tasty. Almost like a peanut butter cookie dough flavor.

I’m going to have to hide these things from myself or I’ll eat an entire box tonight.

Nice job, Biotest!

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
Not sure what happened to my post from earlier this afternoon, but I got my FINIBAR shipment today and couldn’t resist trying one them immediately.

The taste reminds my of peanut butter cookie dough. It’s very good.

Nice job, Biotest! [/quote]

Peanut butter… Cookie dough…

Orders

[quote]esk221 wrote:
HK24719 wrote:
Not sure what happened to my post from earlier this afternoon, but I got my FINIBAR shipment today and couldn’t resist trying one them immediately.

The taste reminds my of peanut butter cookie dough. It’s very good.

Nice job, Biotest!

Peanut butter… Cookie dough…

Orders[/quote]

You guys made a flavor pull-down menu for the FINI-bars. Does this mean there’s more flavors possible/planned/being produced?

Why fini-bar? Like bars that help you go all the way to the finish? Or is it an acronym for something?

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:

Why fini-bar? Like bars that help you go all the way to the finish? Or is it an acronym for something?[/quote]

Check out the FULL name:

FINiBAR - Fuel for the Finish

Make sense?

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
skor wrote:
4$ for a bar with 250 cals? It is very expensive.

Yes, they are very expensive.

And, as previously stated, they are probably much more than you need.

If you want cheap calories, look elsewhere.[/quote]

Talking down to people is not necessary.

Price is a legit concern in this economy. I don’t care how “serious” of an athlete you think you are.

He isnt talking down to people.
He must be getting sick of repeating himself.

Basically unless your an ELITE athlete… ELITE then these are just a waste of money for you… but random joe’s who do 3 full body splits a week want to know why they are so expensive.

So give the guy a break, he has to mod this site AND answer questions… i would presume you get ticked off every now and then :slight_smile:

Any chance that Biotest will add more flavors to the Metabolic bars? Id hope that they add peanut butter or even a few more flavors added to the already cookie dough and chocolate.

[quote]300andabove wrote:
He isnt talking down to people.
He must be getting sick of repeating himself.

Basically unless your an ELITE athlete… ELITE then these are just a waste of money for you… but random joe’s who do 3 full body splits a week want to know why they are so expensive.

So give the guy a break, he has to mod this site AND answer questions… i would presume you get ticked off every now and then :)[/quote]

Right. The conversation has gone as follows:
T-Mag: “It’s expensive. Not for the average customer. That’s why we didn’t even do a formal product launch. We don’t expect high demand, due to cost. But if it’s for you, cool, now you can find it.”

Forum person 1: “But it’s expensive!”
T-Mag: “Yes, it’s expensive. We said that.”
Forum person 2: “But it’s expensive!”

At some point, there’s no need to be polite.

Tried one of these bars before a training session. Tasted great but I can’t say I noticed a difference during training.

However, I mainly purchased FiniBar to try before hockey games. In my mind the superhydration effect would be more beneficial during a hockey game than a strength training session. I’ll post my results after next game.

[quote]DSQ98 wrote:
Tried one of these bars before a training session. Tasted great but I can’t say I noticed a difference during training.[/quote]

Most people will not notice any major effects by having a FINIBAR prior to a typical weight-training workout other than stable blood sugar.

As previously mentioned, this product is designed for athletes who train and/or compete for hours at a time and need something that’s easily digested to get them through their workouts.

I almost get the feeling like you guys don’t want anyone who’s not a semi professional, elite athlete buying these bars.

[quote]DSQ98 wrote:
I almost get the feeling like you guys don’t want anyone who’s not a semi professional, elite athlete buying these bars. [/quote]

We just don’t want people to get the wrong idea of what FINIBAR is designed to do.

After all, it won’t make you swole, ripped, or give you a buzz.

FINIBAR is cutting-edge, high-performance food for people engaged in long and grueling physical activity. I’m talking about the kind of training that you’re just glad to be able to finish. It’s overkill for the typical weight training session.

In short, most people on T-Nation shouldn’t buy FINIBAR since they don’t need it. However, the small percentage of members that will really benefit from it will not want to go without it.

Fair enough. I believe it was this thread that compared the similarities of Surge Workout Fuel (SWF)to FiniBar. Would you put SWF in the same category for your average gym trainee? Would you consider it overkill?

It seems like much effort is being put into make SWF to make it more affordable to the average person. But if its geared towards the “elite” athlete, why bother.

I’m just curious because of the crazy hype surrounding SWF. I’m interested in trying it but not if it’s impractical. This could all be for nothing as the future availabilty of this product is still unknown.

[quote]DSQ98 wrote:
Fair enough. I believe it was this thread that compared the similarities of Surge Workout Fuel (SWF)to FiniBar. Would you put SWF in the same category for your average gym trainee? Would you consider it overkill?[/quote]

Yes to both.

The truth is that the average trainee doesn’t push themselves all that hard and doesn’t need advanced supplements like these. Most would be set with Metabolic Drive, Flameout, and Biotest Superfood as their base supplements.

We go to great lengths to make all of our products, including those designed specifically for serious trainees, as affordable as possible without sacrificing quality. It’s simply the way we do things.

Regardless, Surge Workout Fuel hasn’t even been released to the public, and has only been mentioned by our staff in a few articles and posts, so I wouldn’t get hung on details about it.

I purchased a box even though I am far, far, very far, from being an ‘elite’ athlete and here’s my rationale.

I have two more upcoming big games hunts to participate in, in Oct. and Nov. During these hunts I generally get up and start hiking at about five a.m. and put in a lot of miles while carrying pack and rifle. I like to travel as light as possible including the food and water I carry.

I also don’t like eating a big whole food breakfast at five a.m. so, I usually eat a protein bar an apple and slam a Spike Shooter and a good amount of water which carries me a few hours before I have to eat and hydrate again.

These bars are delicious (I have eaten a couple since getting my order) and with them being designed for energy/endurance over prolonged physical activity fit the bill perfectly for light high energy back pack food. Two of these and two Metabolic Drive bars and an apple can keep me going from morning until I get back to camp sometimes after dark (when I gorge on huge evening meal).

D

Just got my box of FINiBARs… damn they taste good. I love the peanut butter taste!

Not sure if they do what they’re supposed to do. I guess I’ll find out at my next strongman workouts.

Mod,

I took a Finibar about 5 mins before my kickboxing training. I’m not saying I’m an elite athlete but I do train on competition level and it’s a grueling workout. My stomach felt kinda heavy during the workout and it actually didn’t go well.

Was it maybe the combination of Spike Shooter and the bar? Should I only take one and if so which one is the best choice for a heavy workout geared to endurance?

Thanks in advance!

[quote]pradaboy wrote:
Mod,

I took a Finibar about 5 mins before my kickboxing training. I’m not saying I’m an elite athlete but I do train on competition level and it’s a grueling workout. My stomach felt kinda heavy during the workout and it actually didn’t go well.

Was it maybe the combination of Spike Shooter and the bar? Should I only take one and if so which one is the best choice for a heavy workout geared to endurance?

Thanks in advance![/quote]

Personally, I don’t like carbonated beverages immediately prior to or during training as they will make me feel bloated as well. I recommend allowing more time between consuming Spike Shooter and training. Twenty minutes works well for me.

The best time to consume FINIBAR depends on your meal schedule and training duration. If you just recently had a meal prior to eating FINIBAR, the combination may have been too much food before training.