FINiBAR - Fuel for the Finish

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
What duration of athletic events are these bars designed for? And they’re designed for consumption during the event right? Thank you.[/quote]

There’s no specific time frame. FINIBAR is great anytime you want something more than just fluids during or immediately before training.

SO is this geared more toward endurance activities and endurance athletes?

And what the hell is the first ingredient: isomultulose?

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
SO is this geared more toward endurance activities and endurance athletes? [/quote]

Only if you consider activities like MMA and strongman training as endurance activities.

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
And what the hell is the first ingredient: isomultulose? [/quote]

It’s a low glycemic and low insulinemic carbohydrate that breaks down to glucose.

Brian,

Not to be ‘one of those,’ how would FINiBar best serve an endurance athlete or fuel a workout?

Should we just eat one about 45-60 min prior to activity, making sure to get plenty of fluids along the way?

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Brian,

Not to be ‘one of those,’ how would FINiBar best serve an endurance athlete or fuel a workout?

Should we just eat one about 45-60 min prior to activity, making sure to get plenty of fluids along the way?[/quote]

I prefer it a bit closer to a workout, but it won’t hurt taking FINIBAR 45 to 60 minutes prior to intense exercise.

Typically, elite athletes will have one bar per hour of exercise.

I think I’m going to order a box of these for my strongman competitions. I always have trouble eating and drinking to much liquid such as Surge leaves me nauseous

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
greekdawg wrote:

Only if you consider activities like MMA and strongman training as endurance activities.

greekdawg wrote:

It’s a low glycemic and low insulinemic carbohydrate that breaks down to glucose.[/quote]

So, is this a low glycemic and low insulinemic snack as a whole then? Could I eat it as a snack like Metabolic Drive bars or should it only be used periworkout?

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
So, is this a low glycemic and low insulinemic snack as a whole then? Could I eat it as a snack like Metabolic Drive bars or should it only be used periworkout?[/quote]

There are those of us here that use FINIBAR as a between meal snack. In fact, Tim always has a couple of boxes sitting on his desk and would probably have someone’s head if he were to run out of them.

However, having FINIBAR as a snack is a bit overkill since it was designed for so much more. It’s like taking a Ferrari to the grocery store.

To be honest, a lot of people don’t even train hard enough to need a product like this. It wasn’t designed with the intent of being sold in the first place. Just look at the price – it’s very expensive because we made FINIBAR without consideration to cost for our athletes.

We only decided to sell this product when friends of our athletes started asking for them as well. It became a source of frustration having people ask where they could buy FINIBAR when we weren’t prepared to sell them.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
So, is this a low glycemic and low insulinemic snack as a whole then? Could I eat it as a snack like Metabolic Drive bars or should it only be used periworkout?

There are those of us here that use FINIBAR as a between meal snack. In fact, Tim always has a couple of boxes sitting on his desk and would probably have someone’s head if he were to run out of them.

However, having FINIBAR as a snack is a bit overkill since it was designed for so much more. It’s like taking a Ferrari to the grocery store.

To be honest, a lot of people don’t even train hard enough to need a product like this. It wasn’t designed with the intent of being sold in the first place. Just look at the price – it’s very expensive because we made FINIBAR without consideration to cost for our athletes.

We only decided to sell this product when friends of our athletes started asking for them as well. It became a source of frustration having people ask where they could buy FINIBAR when we weren’t prepared to sell them.[/quote]

Thats what I was thinking as well. The Metabolic Drive bars are already such a good bar and so cheap that it would be very difficult to justify switching over unless it was absolutely necessary. But thats just my opinion.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
jsbrook wrote:

We only decided to sell this product when friends of our athletes started asking for them as well. It became a source of frustration having people ask where they could buy FINIBAR when we weren’t prepared to sell them.[/quote]

Great. So, the drawback of using as a meal replacement is just price as it does not spike insulin? I know it’s expensive, but I like the nutritional profile better than Metabolic Drive bars (which are still decent). I’m glad you guys decided to make it. My buddy works with Olympic swimmers and is Peter Vanderkaay’s agent. I’m going to recommend it to him.

the price isn’t really all that bad IMO. Met rx big 100 bars are over 3$$ a piece for a bunch of soy and simple sugars…

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
So, the drawback of using as a meal replacement is just price as it does not spike insulin?[/quote]

Correct.

If cost weren’t an issue, I’d use FINiBAR 90% of the time over Metabolic Drive Bars.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
So, the drawback of using as a meal replacement is just price as it does not spike insulin?

Correct.

If cost weren’t an issue, I’d use FINiBAR 90% of the time over Metabolic Drive Bars.[/quote]

Thanks Brian.

Although I am a low-carb gal I am thinking eating half of one of these and then the other half after my workout might be a great way to spend some of my carbs.

I want to give them a try anyways

so long as I watch other carbs I can still stay below 50gs of carbs a day

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
greekdawg wrote:

greekdawg wrote:

It’s a low glycemic and low insulinemic carbohydrate that breaks down to glucose.[/quote]

So where does isomultulose come from? what is the food source?

Usually when you guys introduce a new product, there is an article with more info about it, there is no such article with is bar, so I’m kind of in the dark about it, it’s purpose and it’s ingredients.

In fact, this is the the first time I’ve ever heard of isomultulose.

4$ for a bar with 250 cals? It is very expensive.

I missed this launch. Glad someone in the leuicine thread pointed it out. These would be perfect for grappling comps where you might have an hour or more between matches. Also good for when I’m going from one practice to another, or from practice to conditioning.

Picked up a box. Let’s see how they feel.

Man, I bet these taste good as shit. Might cop some for the old refeeds.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
I missed this launch. Glad someone in the leuicine thread pointed it out. These would be perfect for grappling comps where you might have an hour or more between matches. Also good for when I’m going from one practice to another, or from practice to conditioning.

Picked up a box. Let’s see how they feel.[/quote]

Perfect for multiple track races too.

[quote]skor wrote:
4$ for a bar with 250 cals? It is very expensive.[/quote]

Yes, they are very expensive.

And, as previously stated, they are probably much more than you need.

If you want cheap calories, look elsewhere.