Final Fantatsy 13 and 14

[quote]ron-e wrote:
Akuma01 wrote:
I dunno, im a Old school FF fan. Greatest FFs would have to be FF3(6) and Ff7…

x2

In high school I was addicted to FF7. Finding all the materia, summons, and the chocobos was all me and my friends talked about. [/quote]

x3 FF7 FTW

I stopped investing several hours into games with 9… couldn’t get into 10. Or 8 for that matter, though I played Triple Triad online quite a bit. I still play older RPGs on my laptop every now and then (speaking of CT…)

Maaaaaybe I’ll give 14 a try. It has to be worth the risk of rotting my brain while I’m in college.

[quote]TKDCadet04 wrote:
To get the 2nd limit break for a level, you have to use the first one x amount of times. Thats where using a hyper on a character that has cover materia on comes in handy.

To get the new level of limit, it’s x number of kills. Meta Magic enemy skill from one of the mobs in the beginning is prime for this. Infinite offensive magic on all of the enemies for 8mp.

It IS possible to get a lvl 2 or 3 limit break without getting the 2nd limit in level 1 or 2, since they’re based on 2 different variables.
[/quote]

I remember getting the lvl 2 limit on some people before getting the 2nd lvl 1. I even had the stupid guide to this game, but I never read the thing. I never played the game defensively, so I never used the cover materia. I played to kill and morph things (remember morphing creatures on the sunken ship to power up the characters), get the knights of the round, and kill the ruby/emerald/diamond weapons.

Chrono Trigger was the absolutely best RPG followed by FF3/6, VII, IX, and II/IV (I played this in translated japanese on my computer b4 they ported it to Playstation)

I totally agree that most of the new RPG’s are just to out there for me. I really miss the not too overly complicated, but having strategy involved (i.e. Chrono Trigger) with the bad ass swords and magic and shit.

I was so excited when I heard about Chrono Cross and come to find out, it sucked!

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
krayon wrote:
I really like FF12 battle mode. I hate the old school random battles.

Ah, that’s actually one of the worst aspects about the new games, IMO. I consider the random battles one of the hallmarks of these epic games. Really disappointed they are slowly making it as if its an action-adventure game as opposed to a classic RPG.

My other complaint is things are getting just too damn modern…FF VII walked that line perfectly…but the “fantasy” aspect of the games is changing…and in many ways becoming far too realistic for my liking. The new ones will probably be good games but the feel of the game is changing so much.

The hyperrealistic Anime characters…and everyone looks female. I dunno. Just not thrilled about this. Bring back the goddamn swords and shields and spears and magic, with a c, goddamnit. No more motorcycles and blade-guns. Oh well.

Different strokes and all that.[/quote]

I agree completley. It’s not nearly as much fun when you don’t see castles, swords, magic, knights, wizards, etc. I don’t like running around a modern-looking city killing robots.

[quote]ZJStrope wrote:
Chrono Trigger was the absolutely best RPG followed by FF3/6, VII, IX, and II/IV (I played this in translated japanese on my computer b4 they ported it to Playstation)

I totally agree that most of the new RPG’s are just to out there for me. I really miss the not too overly complicated, but having strategy involved (i.e. Chrono Trigger) with the bad ass swords and magic and shit.

I was so excited when I heard about Chrono Cross and come to find out, it sucked![/quote]

lol…i loved chrono cross. never got a chance to play 'Trigger though.
I even have the opening theme song from Chrono Cross on my ipod. Really nice piece of music.

And yea, i’m definitely in the minority here because as i’ve already said, I liked FF8 =)
Not as much as 7 mind you, I just don’t share the same disgust as so many others for it.

Pretty much everything FF