Final Fantatsy 13 and 14

[quote]Jason Lee wrote:
I loved FF7 and FF8, I didn’t really care for 9 or 10 though. I just couldn’t get into the story line, didn’t like the main characters. I’ll stand behind FF7 being one of the greatest games of all times, I think FF8 is still in the top 10. You just can’t beat the card game.[/quote]

Agreed, I actually played that card game more then the actual game itself. Weird… I never noticed that

thats kinda one of the things i DIDNT like tho…the game was topped by the sub game card game…

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
thats kinda one of the things i DIDNT like tho…the game was topped by the sub game card game…[/quote]

True, well… either way I don’t think 8 was anything special. I think they ran out of ideas and just popped together a few cool features and hoped for the best. It was a worthy strategy. But the new games I hear are supposed to be absolutely insane. Specially 13

[quote]ChokeOnStrength wrote:
Akuma01 wrote:
thats kinda one of the things i DIDNT like tho…the game was topped by the sub game card game…

True, well… either way I don’t think 8 was anything special. I think they ran out of ideas and just popped together a few cool features and hoped for the best. It was a worthy strategy. But the new games I hear are supposed to be absolutely insane. Specially 13[/quote]

Have you seen the video/trailer? Looks sweet. Too bad I don’t have a PS3. Nor a TV. Nor time to play 60+ hour video games anymore.

Just gonna have to wait and see, ANYTIME i believe the hype about something, i am ALWAYS disappointed

[quote]ChokeOnStrength wrote:
Akuma01 wrote:

True, well… either way I don’t think 8 was anything special. I think they ran out of ideas and just popped together a few cool features and hoped for the best. It was a worthy strategy. But the new games I hear are supposed to be absolutely insane. Specially 13[/quote]

I actually loved 8, especially the card game.

I liked 10 as well, although that stupid soccer type game was real lame. Would have been much better if they let you move around whenever you wanted.

The whole build up over what Sin looked like, and the cut scenese where it destroyed entire towns was just bad ass.

[quote]GrayCrane wrote:
ChokeOnStrength wrote:
Akuma01 wrote:

True, well… either way I don’t think 8 was anything special. I think they ran out of ideas and just popped together a few cool features and hoped for the best. It was a worthy strategy. But the new games I hear are supposed to be absolutely insane. Specially 13

Have you seen the video/trailer? Looks sweet. Too bad I don’t have a PS3. Nor a TV. Nor time to play 60+ hour video games anymore. [/quote]Yeah it looks pretty wicked. I don’t have a PS3 either. but they are cheap now. So I’ll pick one up sooner or later. As far as time to put into the game… nothing a little ignoring my girl can’t fix. She’ll understand. :slight_smile:

[quote]MeinHerzBrennt wrote:
ChokeOnStrength wrote:
Akuma01 wrote:

I actually loved 8, especially the card game.

I liked 10 as well, although that stupid soccer type game was real lame. Would have been much better if they let you move around whenever you wanted.

The whole build up over what Sin looked like, and the cut scenese where it destroyed entire towns was just bad ass.[/quote]Lol underwater soccer.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
NewDamage wrote:
Akuma01 wrote:
I dunno, im a Old school FF fan. Greatest FFs would have to be FF3(6) and Ff7. Also FF10 was a fantastic comeback from the feces of 8, made me not even want to play 9. Im eager to see 13, but man, they REALLY need to bring it back strong. The thing that sucks is that ff3 was such a fantastic game, it makes it just so damn difficult to match it later on.

I for one would think it particularly awesome if they remade FF3(6) into like a PS3 version: And by that i mean that the storyline would be exactly the same, but the graphics would be today’s gaming graphics. Now THAT would sell like hotcakes my friends.

Agreed, definitely a fan of old school moreso.

With that said, did you ever play 9? They totally redeemed themselves with 9, IMO. Great game, as was 10 (or X) then they fucked up again with X-2. Obviously the original NES, 2(IV) 3(VI) and VII were all bomb-ass-diggity.

I did not play 9, Like i said man, i played 8 and i nearly coughed up a lung. i mean wtf, the Main character was some Pooty tang lil, Wah wah im emo BEE-otch, with a WTF gunblade??? YEA YOU CRIT AND IT…Fires? What in the blue hell? And the other male characters? A lil, Buck 20 putz with a fat tat on his face throwing “punches,” and some Vag who stands in the back, with his lil cowboy getup and fires his oh so powerful gun. I mean, a gun shouldnt be in a FF, bottom line, Atleast in 7, Vincent was the shit. It topped at 3/6 tho. Honestly, char development, char badass…ity, and storyline, ALL things that could NOT be commented negatively on. Sabin, Cyan? I wanted to have their children they were so damn badass. Hell, id probably BE sabin for halloween if anyone would catch the fooking reference lol.

[/quote]

Yeah, I’d go find a copy of FF9, I’m itching to play that again, that storyline was amazing.

10 was made badass by Auron. He was their way of saying “sorry about 8…” Lol
And im sorry to those of you who liked 8, i really did not care for it at all, but hey if you liked it, more power to you, you can have it lol

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
Akuma01 wrote:
NewDamage wrote:
Akuma01 wrote:
I dunno, im a Old school FF fan. Greatest FFs would have to be FF3(6) and Ff7. Also FF10 was a fantastic comeback from the feces of 8, made me not even want to play 9. Im eager to see 13, but man, they REALLY need to bring it back strong. The thing that sucks is that ff3 was such a fantastic game, it makes it just so damn difficult to match it later on.

I for one would think it particularly awesome if they remade FF3(6) into like a PS3 version: And by that i mean that the storyline would be exactly the same, but the graphics would be today’s gaming graphics. Now THAT would sell like hotcakes my friends.

Agreed, definitely a fan of old school moreso.

With that said, did you ever play 9? They totally redeemed themselves with 9, IMO. Great game, as was 10 (or X) then they fucked up again with X-2. Obviously the original NES, 2(IV) 3(VI) and VII were all bomb-ass-diggity.

I did not play 9, Like i said man, i played 8 and i nearly coughed up a lung. i mean wtf, the Main character was some Pooty tang lil, Wah wah im emo BEE-otch, with a WTF gunblade??? YEA YOU CRIT AND IT…Fires? What in the blue hell? And the other male characters? A lil, Buck 20 putz with a fat tat on his face throwing “punches,” and some Vag who stands in the back, with his lil cowboy getup and fires his oh so powerful gun. I mean, a gun shouldnt be in a FF, bottom line, Atleast in 7, Vincent was the shit. It topped at 3/6 tho. Honestly, char development, char badass…ity, and storyline, ALL things that could NOT be commented negatively on. Sabin, Cyan? I wanted to have their children they were so damn badass. Hell, id probably BE sabin for halloween if anyone would catch the fooking reference lol.

Yeah, I’d go find a copy of FF9, I’m itching to play that again, that storyline was amazing.[/quote]

Agreed. I couldn’t get into 10, and didn’t play any after, but FF9 has to be my favorite of all time.

I really like FF12 battle mode. I hate the old school random battles.

[quote]ron-e wrote:
Akuma01 wrote:
I dunno, im a Old school FF fan. Greatest FFs would have to be FF3(6) and Ff7…

x2

In high school I was addicted to FF7. Finding all the materia, summons, and the chocobos was all me and my friends talked about. [/quote]

x3. I just remembered how much of a perfectionist I was when it comes to RPG games. I HAD to find every single item, summons, get and master every single ability, do every single sidequest and level up every character to lvl99 otherwise I wouldn’t consider myself to have finished the games. My other favourite series are Suikoden. Loved the first and the second one, the later ones not as much.

[quote]krayon wrote:
I really like FF12 battle mode. I hate the old school random battles.[/quote]

The non-random battles was great, and should be used from now on… However the actual battle system itself, is what turned me off from that game.

So far, FFX had the best battle system IMO. It was quick and simple, while allowing you to control everything your characters did step by step.

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:
WTF… I played this game for like 100 hours back in high school and never got anybody’s limit to level 4 before the last disk. I don’t even think I ever got any of the girls limits past level 2. I was too busy trying to level up materia and never used the limit breaks, except for cloud’s[/quote]

To get the 2nd limit break for a level, you have to use the first one x amount of times. Thats where using a hyper on a character that has cover materia on comes in handy.

To get the new level of limit, it’s x number of kills. Meta Magic enemy skill from one of the mobs in the beginning is prime for this. Infinite offensive magic on all of the enemies for 8mp.

It IS possible to get a lvl 2 or 3 limit break without getting the 2nd limit in level 1 or 2, since they’re based on 2 different variables.

Taufiq, that’s the ONLY way to play a MMO in IMHO. and the Random battle scene is a trademark of FF. the only other system that was great was Chrono trigger, another FANTASTIC game right up there with in greatness with Ff7. FF3 still king to me though, that game was virtually prepubescent sex.

[quote]krayon wrote:
I really like FF12 battle mode. I hate the old school random battles.[/quote]

Ah, that’s actually one of the worst aspects about the new games, IMO. I consider the random battles one of the hallmarks of these epic games. Really disappointed they are slowly making it as if its an action-adventure game as opposed to a classic RPG.

My other complaint is things are getting just too damn modern…FF VII walked that line perfectly…but the “fantasy” aspect of the games is changing…and in many ways becoming far too realistic for my liking. The new ones will probably be good games but the feel of the game is changing so much.

The hyperrealistic Anime characters…and everyone looks female. I dunno. Just not thrilled about this. Bring back the goddamn swords and shields and spears and magic, with a c, goddamnit. No more motorcycles and blade-guns. Oh well.

Different strokes and all that.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Taufiq, that’s the ONLY way to play a MMO in IMHO. and the Random battle scene is a trademark of FF. the only other system that was great was Chrono trigger, another FANTASTIC game right up there with in greatness with Ff7. FF3 still king to me though, that game was virtually prepubescent sex.[/quote]

Chrono Trigger was the shit. Combo techs for teh w1n.

[quote]TKDCadet04 wrote:
Akuma01 wrote:
Taufiq, that’s the ONLY way to play a MMO in IMHO. and the Random battle scene is a trademark of FF. the only other system that was great was Chrono trigger, another FANTASTIC game right up there with in greatness with Ff7. FF3 still king to me though, that game was virtually prepubescent sex.

Chrono Trigger was the shit. Combo techs for teh w1n.[/quote]

Absolutely, combo techs was fantastic. I dont see how people havent tried to duplicate that since, it was fucking great idea. Why WOULDNT a team attack together?! its just genius in its simplicity

Chrono Trigger was definitely a great game. I tried FF 9, I just couldn’t get behind any of the characters and stopped playing rather quickly. Of course that was shortly after I enlisted so I didn’t really have the same amount of time to dedicate to it. Do you think the story line for it is worth playing again?