Drew Baye Wins Over 50

I guess so now that you mention it, haven’t seen any posts for a while

1 Like

How do trolls respond to irony? I am curious. :thinking:

1 Like

All i can say…this individual shows up on different HIT forums or YouTube videos every few years and spouts off anti-hit and high volume is the only way and arnold is his god

sad case of HIT or Mentzer living rent free in his head…so, just a troll

3 Likes

He must be real salty because HIT has seen huge resurgence on youtube and tictok. A whole new generation that are being exposed to HIT, Yates and Mentzer lol. I even saw this Sam Salek they’re all losing their shit over mentioning mentzer and saying hes now halved his volume.

2 Likes

Eventually I hope people realize there are more than two choices (between 1 set a month vs 40 sets a week) and that enough effort is needed, but there is nothing magic about failure. Thought by now people would finally get this…

5 Likes

yep right on, I have debated him on FB about this, showed him the medical research , then he blocked me lol

———

As I have stated previously, DB has no credentials in the exercise field. He is a 50 year old man posing in a skimpy swimsuit in a public setting. He has educated himself with SuperSlow dogma. He claims testosterone replacement therapy, but wants everyone to take his words on the legitimacy of such therapy without posted lab values, dosages, dosage schedule, Dr. Orders, ie. Rxs. All this information could be provided by the patient to alleviate any suspicions of improprieties.

I gave up debating his ilk , as it became obvious that he and others knew the truth about cardiovascular conditioning, but chose a course of deceit. Dr. McGuff knows about cardiovascular conditioning also. That is why he has NO follow up book to BBS. Was there anything related to exercise that he was actually right about?

2 Likes

OSB is Wayne’s.

I agree. That applies to so many aspects of fitness. Calories for example. If you mention tracking calories, there is always someone who says “SO YOU ARE SAYING A BAG OF POTATO CHIPS = STEAK AND SALAD??”

And round and round we go.

TRT definitely had an impact.

2 Likes

A long time ago, when he was quite young (teens or early 20’s), Drew got quite ripped (though he didn’t have particularly big muscles). For a long time, he used a photo of his young ripped self to sell a program on how to get lean or lose weight. The funny part was that as he got into his 30’s and beyond, he got beefier, but was never again close to being lean. He would occasionally write on his blog about his plans to do a cut, or get lean. But it never happened. Then more recently, he mentions going on TRT, and shortly after that, manages to produce this lean and relatively muscular physique. The timing of these two things is interesting. Of course, it is probably all down to doing HIT, and eating a lot of chicken and broccoli. Isn’t that how Hollywood physiques are made?

1 Like

Indeed. In the recent social media era, being “on TRT” seems to have taken on the meaning of “making liberal use of anabolics, but less than the amount used by Olympia competitors.”

2 Likes

Chicken, broccoli and RICE.

1 Like

Including inhuman amounts of high volume training, for at least 3 hours a day. But, let’s call it HIT for the sake of it.

Drew Baye is polarizing. I think I first ran across him on the ancient Cyber Pump site. But, regarding the original post, hats off to him for his medals. More recently he placed in a contest in Wisconsin. I am interested to see if he will continue competing. Love him or hate him, the world of HIT would be boring without him.

And now…….that…. So many HiT myths are uncovered!

1. circuit training improves to a large degree cardiovascular conditioning
  2. eccentric training has a better outcome than concentric/eccentric training
  3. fatigue training is necessary for optimal results
  4. multiple sets increase recovery time periods
  5. and now ….dedicated Cardiovascular conditioning training is not needed….just lift weights.

All is now proven

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.121.054117

Didn’t you say in a post a short while ago that you weren’t going down this cardio / HIT road anymore?

I keep encountering the fact that HIT may attract the most dogmatic trainees.

I thought we all were agreed upon that anything works - for a certain period of time, before a change is needed for progression.

If trainees were more open to this approach, there would probably be less interest in PEDs (though it may require reading and planning your training as well as getting to know your individual response through trial and error). I continue to blend HIT with powerlifting with group training curcuits with sprints - which allows further strength and hypertrophy progression (albeit slower over time). If this works at the age of 49 it should work for almost anyone. Digressing here.

A black-white view upon cardiovascular conditioning may result in a hard end choice in between aerobic and anaerobic activity. Why do HIT if you want to excel in aerobic activity? If a partially positive cardiovascular effect through HIT is not enough - why bother complaining when you have a choice?

1 Like

Deal with it!

Here’s another HiT myth!

Cardio doesn’t burn many calories!
And
Fat loss is all about diet!

Truth be!

Ventilatory Threshold 1 cardio is a very useful weight/fat loss tool!

Quit :cry:
I don’t post much anymore with your ilk lurking

1 Like

“ I continue to blend HIT with powerlifting with group training curcuits with sprints - which allows further strength and hypertrophy progression (albeit slower over time). If this works at the age of 49 it should work for almost anyone. “

Unfortunately, those same dogmatic HiTers will accuse you of waffling on HiT……not doing it correctly by your admission of utilizing many different methods. According to HiT code of exercise, it’s either HiT or it’s not! Ditto SuperSlow!

1 Like

If you read the study that I posted you would see a need for cardio and weights!
There is no need for a choice BETWEEN these two modes of exercise. Do both! The truth is there is scant cardiovascular benefits from weight training and there is a left ventricular hypertrophic response to weights. Facts! Cardio counters this and brings a host of physical, mental benefits weights cannot! The facts are that HiT has ALWAYS claimed cardiovascular conditioning was not needed, even harmful! All the while HiT proclaims it’s methodology is superior with short term case studies consisting of minimal calorie diets and minimalist super high intensity weights. Everyone knows minimalist calorie diets are unsustainable, as are super high intensity routines. Stagnated results are ensured. Ever noticed that even Dr. Darden’s clients need a “refresher” course! I have destroyed the claims that cardiovascular conditioning is not needed in HiT forums. The truth needed to come out! Maybe high intensity training will someday be the norm, but it will not be Arthur Jones’ HiT!

1 Like