Donald Duck Meets Glenn Beck

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
if I had anything that refuted what he said you would cast it aside as mainstream liberal biased misinformation, or you’d do like your God and just spin the fuck out of it.
[/quote]

“If” One more post and still no facts to back up your accusations that Beck lies on relevant matters.

Since you’re giving up, why don’t you just admit you hate him BECAUSE he’s telling the truth. And he does it in an entertaining way.

Edit: The guy who put this together is into “Social justice” (cough) and Beck said that certain videos get government funding. Are you saying that certain videos DO NOT get government funding? Be careful here.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Edit: The guy who put this together is into “Social justice” (cough) and Beck said that certain videos get government funding. Are you saying that certain videos DO NOT get government funding? Be careful here.[/quote]

Pretty much. He didn’t say that this video got government funding but he thinks that some of the other projects the guy has worked on have been given government funding before. And these social justice videos can get government funding. Which he is insinuating is stupid.

People really love to take Beck out of context to laugh at him.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
Why do I have to discredit? Why don’t you have to verify everything on his chalk board?.. In fact, do you verify the garbage he vomits every night?
[/quote]

Umm that is the way rational arguments go. It should be orders of magnitude easier for you to discredit him than it is for ZEB to verify everything he states.

You sound a bit like a religious man…except your religion is liberalism. This is your argument so far:

You: “You should believe in God!”
ZEB: “Why? Do you have any proof he exists?”
You: “Can you prove he doesn’t?”
ZEB: “Ummm no wtf? That isn’t how it works”

Except of course it is much more reasonable to take Christianity on faith.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
You want to me dig through the endless excrement he’s spewing and start invalidating every concocted conspiracy theory he creates?
[/quote]

No. Just invalidate a couple of major points. If you want to go around telling people Beck is such a liar and full of shit and insinuate people are morons for listening to him, then you should actually provide a little proof. Not some lame attempt to discredit inconsequential minor points like the US is not the only country with birthright citizenship, but substantive arguments against Becks core message.

I think Beck is a little crazy and over the top. And sure he uses a lot of hyperbole and even the odd bit of histrionics. But his core arguments tend to be pretty solid. If you can refute them you would be doing everyone a favor.

The irony is staggering, the left accuses Beck of not having a legitimate point by attacking him with illegitimate points.

Again, where is he wrong on any significant point? Find it, post it or continue to look like a left wing tool.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

The irony is staggering, the left accuses Beck of not having a legitimate point by attacking him with illegitimate points.

Again, where is he wrong on any significant point? Find it, post it or continue to look like a left wing tool.
[/quote]

What? I was just posting it for its relevancy. I wasn’t saying anything about it. That’s all you.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
if I had anything that refuted what he said you would cast it aside as mainstream liberal biased misinformation, or you’d do like your God and just spin the fuck out of it.
[/quote]

“If” One more post and still no facts to back up your accusations that Beck lies on relevant matters.

Since you’re giving up, why don’t you just admit you hate him BECAUSE he’s telling the truth. And he does it in an entertaining way.

Edit: The guy who put this together is into “Social justice” (cough) and Beck said that certain videos get government funding. Are you saying that certain videos DO NOT get government funding? Be careful here.[/quote]

You and the other stooges keep mentioning these ‘relevant matters’ or ‘matters of significance’. How about you tell me what exactly they are so I can magnify the inaccuracies or absurdities of them. Not 1, give me multiple examples.

[quote]phaethon wrote:
Umm that is the way rational arguments go. It should be orders of magnitude easier for you to discredit him than it is for ZEB to verify everything he states.

You sound a bit like a religious man…except your religion is liberalism. This is your argument so far:

You: “You should believe in God!”
ZEB: “Why? Do you have any proof he exists?”
You: “Can you prove he doesn’t?”
ZEB: “Ummm no wtf? That isn’t how it works”

Except of course it is much more reasonable to take Christianity on faith.[/quote]

So the burden is on me to invalidate what Beck says, and none on Zeb to validate it? LoL, that’s fucking rich.

How does that make any sense? Because Beck says it’s so then it must be until proven otherwise? Bullshit. It’s on his supporters to have the documentation and sources verifying what he presents on his show if they want to use his arguments or position while debating.

Also, your religious argument analogy is stupid as fuck.

[quote]phaethon wrote:No. Just invalidate a couple of major points. If you want to go around telling people Beck is such a liar and full of shit and insinuate people are morons for listening to him, then you should actually provide a little proof. Not some lame attempt to discredit inconsequential minor points like the US is not the only country with birthright citizenship, but substantive arguments against Becks core message.

I think Beck is a little crazy and over the top. And sure he uses a lot of hyperbole and even the odd bit of histrionics. But his core arguments tend to be pretty solid. If you can refute them you would be doing everyone a favor.
[/quote]

So let’s see, you believe beck is a “little crazy”, “over the top”, “uses a lot of hyperbole”, “odd bit of histrionics”…but his core arguments are solid.

Bwahahahahahaha

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
[/quote]

You and the other stooges keep mentioning these ‘relevant matters’ or ‘matters of significance’. How about you tell me what exactly they are so I can magnify the inaccuracies or absurdities of them. Not 1, give me multiple examples.[/quote]

Bull, you said he lies now prove it. How much simpler can I make it?

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
So the burden is on me to invalidate what Beck says, and none on Zeb to validate it? LoL, that’s fucking rich.[/quote]

Why do you act like this is something out of the ordinary? Essentially I am saying I like Glenn Beck because I think he’s shined an accurate spotlight on the Obama administration. You are saying that isn’t the case and he lies. Now I’m asking you to step up with proof that he lies. The onus is now on you to offer up a cogent argument to back up your assertion.

Instead of offering up examples of his many important untruths you are whining like a child who has to go to bed early. Just post all of the irrefutable lies and that will be that.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
I’m not saying there aren’t grains of truth in his drivel, but then he takes those truths and spins, contorts, and deforms what was once a fact fact into a ficitonal branching of theories and insanity.
[/quote]

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
So the burden is on me to invalidate what Beck says, and none on Zeb to validate it? LoL, that’s fucking rich.

How does that make any sense? Because Beck says it’s so then it must be until proven otherwise? Bullshit. It’s on his supporters to have the documentation and sources verifying what he presents on his show if they want to use his arguments or position while debating.
[/quote]

When you claim that Beck is a liar and that he distorts the truth you need to be able to back it up. That is how debates work. You can’t turn around and go “No yoooou have to prove he isn’t a liar and that he doesn’t distort the truth”.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
So let’s see, you believe beck is a “little crazy”, “over the top”, “uses a lot of hyperbole”, “odd bit of histrionics”…but his core arguments are solid.

Bwahahahahahaha[/quote]

Indeed. Is any of that contradictory? You can go a bit overboard and still be telling the truth and providing reasonable arguments.

How many debaters have you met who don’t use hyperbole, have never used histrionics, and don’t present arguments that are sometimes over the top?

[quote]phaethon wrote:
When you claim that Beck is a liar and that he distorts the truth you need to be able to back it up. That is how debates work. You can’t turn around and go “No yoooou have to prove he isn’t a liar and that he doesn’t distort the truth”.[/quote]

You’re making me pull my hair out.

When YOU and ZEB claim that Beck is telling the truth and his info is legit, YOU need to be able to back it up.

It’s on Beck’s supporters to verify, just as much as it is on his opposition to invalidate.

If you don’t have to prove Beck is right, then why should I have to prove he’s wrong?

If you try to argue this simple point one more time I’ll have no choice but to assume you’re one of the dumbest fucking people to ever walk the Earth.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Why do you act like this is something out of the ordinary? Essentially I am saying I like Glenn Beck because I think he’s shined an accurate spotlight on the Obama administration. You are saying that isn’t the case and he lies. Now I’m asking you to step up with proof that he lies. The onus is now on you to offer up a cogent argument to back up your assertion.

Instead of offering up examples of his many important untruths you are whining like a child who has to go to bed early. Just post all of the irrefutable lies and that will be that.[/quote]

No, I get exactly what you’re saying. You believe Beck has shined an accurate spotlight on the Obama administration, I disagree. So therefore, I have to step up with proof, and you don’t have to do anything but sit on your hands.

Why should you have to dig up any information or proof to support your(Becks) claims, that’s just for the naysayers to do, right?

Come on, fuck off already. If you don’t want to be burdened with proving anything Beck says I sure as fuck am not going to provide you with sources and documentation disproving what he says.

At least I can thankfully say when I see or hear someone say something, I take the time to make sure they’re telling the truth. You’ re a fucking idiot that will take Beck’s word for it. You fucking lemming.

Case in point, Glenn Beck is dangerous:

“See now, I’ll tell you. Beck is going to deny everything about violent approach, deny everything about conspiracies, but he’ll give you every reason to believe it. He’s protecting himself, and you can’t blame him for that. But, I understand what he’s doing… And what I say is that if the truth incites violence, it means that we’ve been living too long in the lies.”

Here you go Hulk all they want is examples:

Don’t know if this is lying, flip-flopping or just the usual horseshit with media hosts:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201006020039

and finally please debunk all of these

http://glennbeckreport.com/glenn-beck-lies/#LiesSpreadsheet

here is a minor/white lie one:

"Beck also invoked Washington while describing the inspiring experience of visiting famous tourist destinations around the nation’s capital. “I have been going to Mt. Vernon,” he explained. Holding out his hands for emphasis, he declared with emotion, “I went to the National Archives, and I held the first inaugural address written in his own hand by George Washington.”

It was an eyebrow-raising revelation and certainly an original image: Beck cradling the actual words of the first president. But would the persnickety gatekeepers of the nation’s historical legacy at the National Archives allow some talk show bombthrower to put his mitts on a rare (and fragile) artifact? The answer, it turns out, is no way. Beck was not telling the truth.

Beck did receive a special VIP tour of the archives, arranged by an as-yet unidentified member of Congress. During that tour, he did get a peek inside the “legislative vault,” which isn’t open to ordinary visitors. But Archives spokeswoman Susan Cooper insists that Beck didn’t lay a finger on any precious documents, much less George Washingtonâ??s inaugural address. That would be a major violation of policy. “Those kinds of treasures are only handled by specially trained archival staff,” she explains."

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:

If you don’t have to prove Beck is right, then why should I have to prove he’s wrong?[/quote]

Oh stop it. Let me use an example for you. If you say Obama is a really good President and I say he sucks isn’t the onus on me to show you why he sucks? I could say that health care will bankrupt the country. Then I’d tell you why it will bankrupt the country. Make sense?

Now give us something that Beck lied about. This should be easy if he’s such a liar. Or you could admit that you just don’t like him because he’s an obnoxious over the top guy. I’d accept that sometimes I don’t even like listening to him because of his personality. But as for him telling the truth. HE DOES.

[quote]storey420 wrote:
Here you go Hulk all they want is examples:

Don’t know if this is lying, flip-flopping or just the usual horseshit with media hosts:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201006020039[/quote]

Tell me you’re kidding. Did you even hear the audio? LOL - He said “if anyone thinks they’re (Obama’s administration) mimicking Nazi Germany, that’s not what I’m saying at all.”

Also the lady on the audio lauds Becks research department.

You are 0-1

[quote]and finally please debunk all of these

http://glennbeckreport.com/glenn-beck-lies/#LiesSpreadsheet[/quote]

STEEERIKE TWO! There is nothing on that low brow site which proves Glenn Beck has lied. NOTHING. If you feel that I have erred please be specific regarding what you think Beck lied about. Otherwise, you are 0-2

[quote]here is a minor/white lie one:

"Beck also invoked Washington while describing the inspiring experience of visiting famous tourist destinations around the nation’s capital. “I have been going to Mt. Vernon,” he explained. Holding out his hands for emphasis, he declared with emotion, “I went to the National Archives, and I held the first inaugural address written in his own hand by George Washington.”[/quote]

I see, you are assuming that he meant the original document and not a copy. I’ve read the constitution written by the hand of Thomas Jefferson. But not the original. I’ve read other reports on this particular story as the liberals try to grasp at straws. And in Becks own words, “I did not mean the original and most people can figure that out.”

You were right in saying this is minor, if it was a lie. However, I can’t even give you that because the word “original” or any other word implying “original” was not used as his intent was not to try to make anyone believed that he held the original.

That means you are 0-3 and you are…OUTAAAA HEEEEEER…

By the way if Beck is such a liar how come we’re not reading about all the lies he told about the filth that Obama has put in his administration. For example, not one word written about scum like Van Jones.

You Beck haters are pathetic. Just admit you don’t like the guy’s antics (or his political leanings), we can let it go at that.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Oh stop it. Let me use an example for you. If you say Obama is a really good President and I say he sucks isn’t the onus on me to show you why he sucks? I could say that health care will bankrupt the country. Then I’d tell you why it will bankrupt the country. Make sense?

Now give us something that Beck lied about. This should be easy if he’s such a liar. Or you could admit that you just don’t like him because he’s an obnoxious over the top guy. I’d accept that sometimes I don’t even like listening to him because of his personality. But as for him telling the truth. HE DOES.[/quote]

Wait a fucking second. If I said Obama is doing a great job as president, you would most DEFINITELY ask me to show how so. Don’t act for a second like you wouldn’t.

And no, if I did say he’s a good president the onus isn’t only on you to show why he sucks, but as for me to show why he doesn’t. I can’t believe you’re even arguing this with me, it’s asinine.

I don’t like him because he’s an obnoxious disingenuous fucking prick who distorts the truth and presents his theories as facts. That’s why I don’t like him.

I never thought I’d see the day when I would miss arguing Hannity or O’reilly talking points.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
By the way if Beck is such a liar how come we’re not reading about all the lies he told about the filth that Obama has put in his administration. For example, not one word written about scum like Van Jones.

You Beck haters are pathetic. Just admit you don’t like the guy’s antics (or his political leanings), we can let it go at that.[/quote]

I said those things from the outset a long time ago and for some reason everyone began frothing at the mouth and asking me what he lied about. People who like beck seem to have such a hair trigger.

EDIT: the hair trigger is also what makes them so much fun. catch-22