Diet Coaches You've Had Success With

I have been working with Shelby for over a year with a dieting phase of approx 12 weeks and bulking ever since. I have experienced none of the problems you guys speak of. My lab work is fine. When I was dieting, I did cardio just as much as all of his other clients, yah I was tired and I lost weight, but again I felt fine and was very pleased with my results. I must be in the group of people that Shelby applied the “basic principles” to correctly.

yonkey… or maybe it’s that everyone responds differently to Shelby’s methods?

This is an enlightening thread by the way. I wasn’t aware so many people on this site 1) tried working w/ Shelby, and 2) were not satisfied. Not taking anything away from Shelby though, the guy is a genius in a mad-man sort of way.

Yonkey… I didn’t place all of the blame on shelby. The type of concerns I was talking about happen quite frequently when people go on an extreme diet and add massive amounts of cardio to their routine. There are a couple of people who have all suffered the same type of problems after his diet. Maybe it was just a matter of time before the issues crept up? Or maybe it was the diet or maybe it was both? I was only stating that myself, a figure competitor that I know well, and a host of others on the T Replacement forum all experienced similar problems.

My advice, if you are going to hire a coach make sure he actually takes some sort of interest in your health and well-being. I have recently come across a couple of diet coaches who actually want your bloodwork before you begin, during, and after. From there he/her can see if there are any preexisting issues and tailor your program from there. Or just get you own bw done and make sure everything is in order. Better safe than sorry.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:
Kenneth “Skip” Hill.

Since starting with him;

I lost 25 pounds.

I lost 6 inch around my waist

My biceps measurement stayed the same

My strenght has gone up

Everyone in my entourage thinks Ive been using gear

I will not post pictures. Sorry[/quote]

I guess that avatar pic is after losing the 25?[/quote]

This one was

Hadnt worked out or shaved chest.

Seriously OP, I’d shoot an email to Skip, I dont know if he’s still taking ppl on his ECON plan but… the guy knows his stuff… amazingly well.

And its a different approach than what you’ll get with most other coaches.

Oh btw, you wont do a ton of cardio lol

[quote]zraw wrote:
This one was

[/quote]

Good job - looking real lean in that new pic. : )

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:
This one was

[/quote]

Good job - looking real lean in that new pic. : ) [/quote]

That’s not because of his diet… It’s actually due to all the angry ex’es and boyfriends whose girls he shagged chasing him all over the place with sharp implements.

:slight_smile:

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:
This one was

[/quote]

Good job - looking real lean in that new pic. : ) [/quote]

x2

Good work man, you look good.

Not that you were in bad shape before, but it doesn’t look like you sacrificed much size at all.

[quote]zraw wrote:

[/quote]

I heard rumors you were on pie filling, don’t lie to us.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]johnmurray2 wrote:
dieting and excessive cardio can shock the body and mess up t levels and etc. just a thought[/quote]

Aceto has touched on this in past articles, and I agree wholeheartedly. I always try to get away with as little cardio as possible. I have no idea how some people can do hours of steady state each day and still have LBM when they’re done (well, okay, I have SOME idea -lol).

S[/quote]

LM has written an entire article on adding too much activity and caloric deficit at the same time. It’s on his regular site.

[quote]Scott M wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

[/quote]

I heard rumors you were on pie filling, don’t lie to us. [/quote]

Fuck… got caught