Diet Coaches You've Had Success With

[quote]David1991 wrote:
There are guys considerably cheaper than Shelby who have really good track records, both online and in person. From what I’ve read/seen from others the one or two I’m mainly thinking of seem to be very personable as well. I don’t think I could link or get too specific here but if anyone is interested send me a PM[/quote]

Can’t you post their names at least? :slight_smile:

Anyone ever use Derek Charlebois?

I’m working with Shelby and have no problems with his personality. I don’t get it guys, do you want a babysitter or someone who responds to your question in a short and effective manner? I’m paying for results, not a chit-chat buddy. Yah, it would have been nice to get to know the person, but you have to decide if you want to talk about the results and how to optimize things or about life in general.

In 10 short weeks he got me in a great condition for the photoshot, he posted my pics two weeks ago. I think they are in his logs at elitefts. I did whatever he said me to do and the cardio was high at the end, but the results speak for themselves. Did I lost muscles? Maybe… Did I look my best? Hell yes. Will I ever go 10 weeks without a cheat meal ever again? Hell no. hahahaha.This my first cut ever and I did not want to screw up anything.

I tried to work with Phil but I gave up. Getting 40-50 carbs from Fruits/meal is just not okay. I literally had to pull information out of him. Once I asked if I could use startch carbs, he said that sweet potatoe was okay post workout? How come he did not say anything about it before? he wants me to figure things out for myself? That is a nice delusional way to look at things as I pay for the training and the diet and want to know exactly what to do, when to do it and how to do it.

Eating when hungry is like 4 meals for me and going by hunger is pretty darn retarted itself as when the body signals hunger it is already “too late”. But there are guys who get results with him, kudos to them. I just can’t eat 250-300g of carbs from fruits daily.

Then of course, his retardation with LBAS sets me off on big waves…

I’ve only dieted once and I did a 2 week V-Diet with 2 Pulse Fasts a week and seen crazy ass results. So I guess Chris Shugart is indirectly the only diet coach I’ve had success with lol. That was pretty fun.

with all the stuff on the net, do you really need someone to tell you how to get enough protein and count calories? keep the weights heavy/lower volume and add in a little cardio to keep enzymes upregulated and your sorted

99.999% of it is discipline, though i guess if forking out $400 is the way you need to do it, then props to you…a lot of people have their ears in their wallet

Dante Trudel comes to mind, guy’s a genius.

[quote]lazyeyepsycho wrote:
with all the stuff on the net, do you really need someone to tell you how to get enough protein and count calories? keep the weights heavy/lower volume and add in a little cardio to keep enzymes upregulated and your sorted

99.999% of it is discipline, though i guess if forking out $400 is the way you need to do it, then props to you…a lot of people have their ears in their wallet[/quote]

…IMO you are completely oversimplifying the concept

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

99.999% of it is discipline, though i guess if forking out $400 is the way you need to do it, then props to you…a lot of people have their ears in their wallet[/quote]

…IMO you are completely oversimplifying the concept[/quote]

First post, trolling for a response I’d say. Just ignore and move forward. I still reckon MAF to take a look at the blood work and T levels and see how you fare after that. I can’t imagine working on your T levels and fat loss at the same time doesn’t sound to pleasant but I’m not well versed on T.

Also, Have you thought about the best offline coach in your area?

Where I live, its basically this one coach that runs a Poliquin Performance Centre, Singapore is a very small island and quality advice, holistic and specific advice takes time to find. So I’m limited in what I can find for one-on-one face to face coaching. I think you have an advantage living in the USA and access to many coaches.

I have not heard good things about Phil Hernon. One guy I know trained with him and he also trained his friend’s wife. A lot of the email’s that were sent to both of them were word for copy pastes. Just though I’d throw that out there.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

…IMO you are completely oversimplifying the concept[/quote]

First post, trolling for a response I’d say. Just ignore and move forward. I still reckon MAF to take a look at the blood work and T levels and see how you fare after that. I can’t imagine working on your T levels and fat loss at the same time doesn’t sound to pleasant but I’m not well versed on T.

Also, Have you thought about the best offline coach in your area?

Where I live, its basically this one coach that runs a Poliquin Performance Centre, Singapore is a very small island and quality advice, holistic and specific advice takes time to find. So I’m limited in what I can find for one-on-one face to face coaching. I think you have an advantage living in the USA and access to many coaches.[/quote]

im sure there are plenty of things i could pick up from a decent coach with one-on-one time but im still getting stronger from workout to workout so ill probably wait for that until there are a few things that i want help with

also, yeah im going to wait a while to start dieting so my thyroid/T-levels wont be hindering progress

Kenneth “Skip” Hill.

Since starting with him;

I lost 25 pounds.

I lost 6 inch around my waist

My biceps measurement stayed the same

My strenght has gone up

Everyone in my entourage thinks Ive been using gear

I will not post pictures. Sorry

[quote]zraw wrote:
Kenneth “Skip” Hill.

Since starting with him;

I lost 25 pounds.

My strenght has gone up

I will not post pictures. Sorry[/quote]

I guess that avatar pic is after losing the 25?

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:
Kenneth “Skip” Hill.

Since starting with him;

I lost 25 pounds.

My strenght has gone up

I will not post pictures. Sorry[/quote]

I guess that avatar pic is after losing the 25?[/quote]

no, he has had the same avi since last Thanksgiving at least.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
no, he has had the same avi since last Thanksgiving at least.[/quote]

: )

You can be quite disciplined and lack skill and/or knowledge.

Or you might have knowledge and skill and not want to bother applying it!

Or you might be incoherent; that is, despite all the information on the 'net, not know how to interpret and apply it!

Despite being quite good at math, I still have NO clue what financiers and money managers speak of when discussing financial instruments. And I’m guessing I NEVER will, no matter how much attention I might give to them.

I also will probably never be adept at fixing computers secondary to just who I am and the fact that I have zero interest in doing so. So I hire a computer guy to fix my computer when necessary.

This is not all about discipline.

The who said that “coaches” were overrated, care to show what you actually look like?

This is a matter of taking out “guessing” out of the work. They are more objective in their assesment too. For training I’ll always pick stuff I like to do, they will pick stuff I NEED to do and I’ll do them.

Does that make me brain dead? Hell no, I ask things, ask them how they think and rationalize regarding whatever matter we are dealing and learning things about my body. Yes, I choose to pay my money to someone who know his sh*t instead of wasting them on whatever supplements which probably have no effect.

Shelby def knows his stuff but if you ever get over to the “T Replacement” thread you will see a lot of posters (including myself) all ended up with some problems at the end of the diet (low test, bad bloodwork) … not saying it’s necessarily his fault as it may just be an unintended consequence of dieting…dieting and excessive cardio can shock the body and mess up t levels and etc. just a thought

[quote]johnmurray2 wrote:
Shelby def knows his stuff but if you ever get over to the “T Replacement” thread you will see a lot of posters (including myself) all ended up with some problems at the end of the diet (low test, bad bloodwork) … not saying it’s necessarily his fault as it may just be an unintended consequence of dieting…dieting and excessive cardio can shock the body and mess up t levels and etc. just a thought[/quote]

Honestly I don’t think I’d work with Shelby for a contest even if it was free. I mean sure he has some great testimonials but I’m sure many/most on this board, if they took on 100 clients, could have plenty of great success stories just from basic principles. I see so many posts about muscle loss/strength loss/low testosterone/feeling worn out/tons of cardio/etc. from those who worked with Shelby.

Skip on the other hand I’d definitely work with if it wasn’t so expensive.

[quote]johnmurray2 wrote:
dieting and excessive cardio can shock the body and mess up t levels and etc. just a thought[/quote]

Aceto has touched on this in past articles, and I agree wholeheartedly. I always try to get away with as little cardio as possible. I have no idea how some people can do hours of steady state each day and still have LBM when they’re done (well, okay, I have SOME idea -lol).

S

I was doing 50-60 min of cardio every single day, with days of HIIT…I lost weight and looked pretty decent but not like I should have…lost a lot of muscle and felt horrible for months…still self-prescribing and trying to get my system back in order