Developing A Skill Over the Summer?

[quote]The fields where you are most likely to be treated like shit at the entry-level are probably the fields you’re interested in (finance, black letter law, consulting). Forget starting clubs, show direction. A bunch of scattered EC’s are worthless, stick to specific subjects. Find your signature issue. Leading a club related to ethnicity is a big deal now (if you’re a typical WASP that won’t work out, though), as are clubs relating to political ideals.

Become the treasurer of the student government. Go talk to your career development office on a constant basis. Join Toastmasters. Try and find work at a bank part-time in a sales position working on commission during the year if you can fit it in. Go through alumni databases and get in contact with companies now. Use google to find recruiter e-mails, even for companies that don’t list internships and send out some feelers in a field you care about. It’s ridiculously easy to find government internships at the state level, and while you don’t want it to be your signature internship (junior year) you should be able to get a position like that at other times.[/quote]

I started the Italian Club in High School, I was President.

I was also President of Spanish Club in High School.

Post college I dicked around in community college, and sold drugs, and had sex with females.

I tried to make the wrestling team but was in such shitty shape from hard drug use, I peeled off pretty quick.

I managed to get into state Uni, after I straightened myself up and my friend and I started a club called Hisla of which I’m a founding member which is a Hispanics and Latinos Club, we appeal to people who are learning Spanish too.

Then I started a grappling club with my other friend.

My teacher’s think I’m an asshole cuz I rarely show up to class, I like to just drop off assignments in their mail boxes and am invisible on email.

I don’t disrespect people, I just don’t like to deal with irrational bullshit.

I’m pretty cool, if you tell me what to do, I just can’t deal with power tripping.

I’ve problems controlling my anger from that in the past.

My new goal, is to not draw attention to myself ever, and find the power players wherever I’m at and move forward.

Blatant aggression gets you nowhere.

[quote]Guerrero wrote:
The fields where you are most likely to be treated like shit at the entry-level are probably the fields you’re interested in (finance, black letter law, consulting). Forget starting clubs, show direction. A bunch of scattered EC’s are worthless, stick to specific subjects. Find your signature issue. Leading a club related to ethnicity is a big deal now (if you’re a typical WASP that won’t work out, though), as are clubs relating to political ideals.

Become the treasurer of the student government. Go talk to your career development office on a constant basis. Join Toastmasters. Try and find work at a bank part-time in a sales position working on commission during the year if you can fit it in. Go through alumni databases and get in contact with companies now. Use google to find recruiter e-mails, even for companies that don’t list internships and send out some feelers in a field you care about. It’s ridiculously easy to find government internships at the state level, and while you don’t want it to be your signature internship (junior year) you should be able to get a position like that at other times.

I started the Italian Club in High School, I was President.

I was also President of Spanish Club in High School.

Post college I dicked around in community college, and sold drugs, and had sex with females.

I tried to make the wrestling team but was in such shitty shape from hard drug use, I peeled off pretty quick.

I managed to get into state Uni, after I straightened myself up and my friend and I started a club called Hisla of which I’m a founding member which is a Hispanics and Latinos Club, we appeal to people who are learning Spanish too.

Then I started a grappling club with my other friend.

My teacher’s think I’m an asshole cuz I rarely show up to class, I like to just drop off assignments in their mail boxes and am invisible on email.

I don’t disrespect people, I just don’t like to deal with irrational bullshit.

I’m pretty cool, if you tell me what to do, I just can’t deal with power tripping.

I’ve problems controlling my anger from that in the past.

My new goal, is to not draw attention to myself ever, and find the power players wherever I’m at and move forward.

Blatant aggression gets you nowhere.[/quote]

this has to be a joke post…

I think this whole thread must be a joke…

Ya, someone who goes out and seeks others advice is obviously an idiot.

Isn’t that what true wisdom is, listening to others then deciding for yourself?

You’re pathetic, just like most people you have to downgrade others to feel big.

Typical female trash.

[quote]Guerrero wrote:
I also think you will always be subordinate because you can’t even decide on your own what skills you should learn. Not exactly a pathfinder leading the way there fella.

You’re pathetic, just like most people you have to downgrade others to feel big.

Typical female trash.[/quote]

this female trash has found her own way, developed her own skills, and is kind to waiters and retail workers

Jesus loves me

I’m not unkind to them either, I just don’t want to do their job, because you are at the mercy of assholes, and serve them.

[quote]Guerrero wrote:
I just don’t like to deal with irrational bullshit.[/quote]

Get ready.

[quote]Guerrero wrote:
this female trash has found her own way, developed her own skills, and is kind to waiters and retail workers

I’m not unkind to them either, I just don’t want to do their job, because you are at the mercy of assholes, and serve them.[/quote]

again displaying how obtuse you are

you insult them by denigrating the professions

idiot

[quote]Guerrero wrote:

You honestly have no idea what you just did there, do you? Go see your school psych and tell them the internet said you have a personality disorder. They’ll figure it out quickly and help you out.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
Guerrero wrote:
I also think you will always be subordinate because you can’t even decide on your own what skills you should learn. Not exactly a pathfinder leading the way there fella.

Typical female trash.

Jesus loves me

[/quote]

We all love you…

[quote]Guerrero wrote:
I’m 21, I have some computer skills, I’m right under being a sophomore at college (ya i fucked a round) I have a little money saved but want to improve my employability and my personal equity.

I’m in an internship program with my school, but probably won’t be able to get a paid internship for a minute, I just transfered schools and just declared my major. Business and Spanish that is.

I speak Spanish but I live in a city that’s population ratio is about the same as South Africa, so my Spanish is rarer here but also less useful. As maybe 2 percent or less of people speak Spanish.

I’m also pretty good at weightlifting and am kind of handy.

I’d like to learn something, or hook up with anything like a trade or any other sort of ability that has some kind of reliability and use.

I’d love to learn carpentry, I’m also thinking about maybe hooking up with something like concrete or asphalt over the summer and saving some dollars and getting experience doing that.

The one thing I really don’t want to do is have to wait tables and be unskilled little bitch who has to grovel and beg for money.

“Hi, Welcome to Houlihans, can I suck your dick and look like a total female in front of you and your girlfriend because I have no human value other than walking from your table and getting you a soda and begging you for money for thsi activity?”

“Hey Dan, let’s go get high in the freezer because our life sucks.”

Or suck dick in Walmart aisles because I failed to develop a variety of skills.

Suggestions?[/quote]

I read this and was going to say learn humility, then I read the rest of your posts and decided the best thing for you to learn is how to play Russian Roulette.

[quote]Guerrero wrote:

No, an idiot is someone who asks for advice, then insults people who try and offer it.

Seriously, do us all a favour and go play catch with a grenade

[quote]Roual wrote:
I read this and was going to say learn humility, then I read the rest of your posts and decided the best thing for you to learn is how to play Russian Roulette.[/quote]

With six loaded chambers.

[quote]Renton wrote:
Roual wrote:
I read this and was going to say learn humility, then I read the rest of your posts and decided the best thing for you to learn is how to play Russian Roulette.

With six loaded chambers.[/quote]

I was going to suggest he start off with an automatic as I’ve heard it’s easier to get the hang of the game using one of those.