T Nation

Developing A Skill Over the Summer?

Just wonder, what sorts of skills are available, that I can get over the summer?

I’m interested in getting some sort of part time job for the future, hopefully something that gives me a little bit of equity.

Nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills. Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

chicks dig guys with skills

learn nunchakus

I am planning on beginning to learn a language. Just an idea. Depending on how much time and effort you put into it, you could progress pretty far.

[quote]Guerrero wrote:
Just wonder, what sorts of skills are available, that I can get over the summer?

I’m interested in getting some sort of part time job for the future, hopefully something that gives me a little bit of equity.[/quote]

You can be a pornstar. That would give you some good acting skills.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills. Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.[/quote]

Gosh! This is stupid!

Learn plumbing, roofing or carpentry, can’t outsource those jobs to India.

pretend it’s “groundhog’s day” (the movie) and walk around trying to save babies and learn card tricks. When the summer ends, act really shocked that time has actually passed.

I’m thinking maybe a trade or another applicable skill.

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
pretend it’s “groundhog’s day” (the movie) and walk around trying to save babies and learn card tricks. When the summer ends, act really shocked that time has actually passed.[/quote]

Don’t forget have sex with random women and steal massive amounts of money in coins from the trucks that transport them.

^^^ What I was going to say.

Learn a trade skill. Many only take a few months of courses before your (paid) apprenticeship hours begin. It is your responsibility to improve your employability and your capacity to earn money.

Like I’ve said many times before, if I could go back I would have learned a trade or two right out of high school, before going to university.

ElbowStrike

On a serious note, why not intern at a law firm or volunteer at the courthouse?

You can also volunteer for the parks programs

What skills do you already have?

sigh

fine, I’ll be helpful, too.

What kind of profession are you interested in?

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
sigh

fine, I’ll be helpful, too.

What kind of profession are you interested in?[/quote]

Hey I noticed your avatar, are you black?

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:
sigh

fine, I’ll be helpful, too.

What kind of profession are you interested in?

Hey I noticed your avatar, are you black?

[/quote]

Let me check

Ok, I have dreadlocks.

So I think that’s a yes.

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
Ok, I have dreadlocks.

So I think that’s a yes.[/quote]

haha!

sorry OP

/hijack

I’m 21, I have some computer skills, I’m right under being a sophomore at college (ya i fucked a round) I have a little money saved but want to improve my employability and my personal equity.

I’m in an internship program with my school, but probably won’t be able to get a paid internship for a minute, I just transfered schools and just declared my major. Business and Spanish that is.

I speak Spanish but I live in a city that’s population ratio is about the same as South Africa, so my Spanish is rarer here but also less useful. As maybe 2 percent or less of people speak Spanish.

I’m also pretty good at weightlifting and am kind of handy.

I’d like to learn something, or hook up with anything like a trade or any other sort of ability that has some kind of reliability and use.

I’d love to learn carpentry, I’m also thinking about maybe hooking up with something like concrete or asphalt over the summer and saving some dollars and getting experience doing that.

The one thing I really don’t want to do is have to wait tables and be unskilled little bitch who has to grovel and beg for money.

“Hi, Welcome to Houlihans, can I suck your dick and look like a total female in front of you and your girlfriend because I have no human value other than walking from your table and getting you a soda and begging you for money for thsi activity?”

“Hey Dan, let’s go get high in the freezer because our life sucks.”

Or suck dick in Walmart aisles because I failed to develop a variety of skills.

Suggestions?

Sounds like you have a shitty attitude. Good luck.

[quote]Guerrero wrote:
I’m 21, I have some computer skills, I’m right under being a sophomore at college (ya i fucked a round) I have a little money saved but want to improve my employability and my personal equity.

I’m in an internship program with my school, but probably won’t be able to get a paid internship for a minute, I just transfered schools and just declared my major. Business and Spanish that is.

I speak Spanish but I live in a city that’s population ratio is about the same as South Africa, so my Spanish is rarer here but also less useful. As maybe 2 percent or less of people speak Spanish.

I’m also pretty good at weightlifting and am kind of handy.

I’d like to learn something, or hook up with anything like a trade or any other sort of ability that has some kind of reliability and use.

I’d love to learn carpentry, I’m also thinking about maybe hooking up with something like concrete or asphalt over the summer and saving some dollars and getting experience doing that.

The one thing I really don’t want to do is have to wait tables and be unskilled little bitch who has to grovel and beg for money.

“Hi, Welcome to Houlihans, can I suck your dick and look like a total female in front of you and your girlfriend because I have no human value other than walking from your table and getting you a soda and begging you for money for thsi activity?”

“Hey Dan, let’s go get high in the freezer because our life sucks.”

Or suck dick in Walmart aisles because I failed to develop a variety of skills.

Suggestions?[/quote]

Sure serving isn’t the most skilled of jobs, but where else can you make $20 an hour minimum for pretty easy work? That’s assuming you work somewhere half decent of course, and can multi-task like a woman.