Deadlift Question

Looks a thousand times more natural for yourself like a fluid motion that is not painful to watch. Yeah I gotta work on the hips aspect as well, looking good though.

Those are some ghetto bar collars you got there! lol

Sumo looks a lot better.

[quote]MightyMouse17 wrote:
Those are some ghetto bar collars you got there! lol

Sumo looks a lot better.[/quote]

Lol i dk why but for the last year of my training ( been training a little over 2 now.) I have real ocd about the bars i use. I have to use the same one for deadlifts everytime. The one i use for deadlifts is an older bar but has a good amount of flex in it. I have a special bar for bench too and a special one for squats. If someone is using them i will wait till they are done lmao.

But thanks for all the help and feedback guys. Thats why i love this forum you get what you need. If im doing something with horrible form i got people that will say wtf is wrong with you and knock some sense into me. Then you got people who will go and try to break every aspect of the lift you are having trouble with down. Thats awesome this really is a great community. Thanks again guys very helpful. Hope you all see huge PRs in your future and stay injury free.

It sounds like you’re shooting lasers out of the weights when they hit the floor. Thats my contribution.

[quote]sexyxe wrote:
It sounds like you’re shooting lasers out of the weights when they hit the floor. Thats my contribution. [/quote]

Lmao i always thought it sounded weird. You have pin pointed it. Haha

Looks really good man fluid and just easy. Upper is rounded over a bit but it doesn’t seem to be giving you a problem how ever it can lead to a harder lockout with closer to max weight. But, all in all to have only started doing them they look great.

Thanks alot man. I brought my feet in about 3 inches on each side and it really helped me open up my hips more and get down to the bar better.

Thanks for the feedback.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
Learning to think of the DL as a hip hinge really changed my life. The notion of “pull” isn’t even in my mind anymore when I deadlift, I just set up, get pressure into my abs, and then try to hinge as much as I can, like one of those novelty drinking birds. I never get back pain anymore as a result. Glad this video helped you out.[/quote]

I still think of it as a pull, in that you need to be actively pulling the weight back onto your legs and close to your body. I found that to help keep my lower back straighter.

[quote]magick wrote:
I still think of it as a pull, in that you need to be actively pulling the weight back onto your legs and close to your body. I found that to help keep my lower back straighter.
[/quote]

I just let my arms hang dead. I never pull them back. I find the roll backwards and hinging hard lets gravity take care of the rest.

[quote]magick wrote:

Learning to think of the DL as a hip hinge really changed my life. The notion of “pull” isn’t even in my mind anymore when I deadlift, I just set up, get pressure into my abs, and then try to hinge as much as I can, like one of those novelty drinking birds. I never get back pain anymore as a result. Glad this video helped you out.[/quote]

[/quote]

Not sure for conventional but I have been taught to think of the Sumo Deadlift as a Squat with the bar in your hands that’s it. Sam Byrd also talked to Benny Mag who told him to think about about the Deadlift like a Leg Press. Get you back locked into position, Grab the Bar and then press through your hells as hard as possible. Both of these helped me alot with my Sumo

[quote]magick wrote:
[/quote]

I just let my arms hang dead. I never pull them back. I find the roll backwards and hinging hard lets gravity take care of the rest.[/quote]

Maybe the difference is in the strength of our respective lower back?

I dunno. When I started doing the roll-back, I just naturally started pulling back too.

Did them last night and thought they would be a good assistance and practice for your conventional.

Won’t be doing any deads for a few weeks so glad I got some in last night. Made a nice slice through my thumb from bottom of my nail right through the tip nearly to the bone on a sheet metal heat shield. Who knew they could put stitches right through your thumbnail?

Thats crazy man. I hope it heals up quick. I didnt know they did that either. Its pretty bad ass though haha

Hopefully I can still manage to bench tomorrow without ripping it open. I did manage it when I had a pin and in my hand and a half cast, though that was my pinky.

Sorry i keep bringing this thread back to life but i hit a pretty easy PR on my sumo deadlift tonight while my legs were still sore from squatting and my back was aching from work on my feet for 10 hours lmao.

Here it is. 475x3

Hows it look?

Thanks guys.

Bûmp ^^

Those look pretty damn beautiful man seriously you look like a whole different lifter.

Fucking nice lift never seen someone change their style and do well that quickly great work!

Thanks alot guys. I think im just better at sumo lol. I appreciate the feedback (:

As some of you know ive switched to sumo deadlifts lately and i jumped in full force. I now have a problem. I did sumo deadlifts earlier in the week. Then thursday i did some sumo deficit sumo deadlifts. I went to squat today and i got a pain in both legs from the front top of my leg into my quads. Does this pain eventually go away after awhile or is this just normal with sumo? Perhaps i jumped in too hard and fast?