Cris 'Cyborg' Santos Tests Positive for PEDs

[quote]Robert A wrote:
If it was a modeling comp than Gina would never have got away with not making weight every other event. That really was a fight between “dedicated fighter” and “really tough pretty girl that wants to be an actress at this point”. [/quote]

Not disagreeing with your point here.

I just found quite intriguing and frustrating around that time how people were worried that Cyborg would crush Gina’s face. Even after the fight, I remember the commenters saying, ‘‘thanks god, she’s didn’t pummel her face too much!’’ To me hearing this kind of stuff made me shake my head. You would have thought that we were in some kind of beauty competition.

Of course, Gina’s face was a tool to make female MMA friendly and accessible to wannabe female fighters. But to me, It is not about being a pretty face. It’s MMA. It’s BRUTAL, it’s BLOODY, and it’s RAW. And that’s what Cyborg represents. And this is also why she is mostly disliked. She is not pretty but when she gets into the ring, she has one goal; to destroy the girl standing in the other corner. If girls start worrying about getting their face smashed during a fight because they want to look good all the time, then what is the point of being a fighter in the first place?

Meh, ignore me, just ranting, haha :slight_smile:

WyldFlower,

I am pretty sure Hendo, Marquardt, and Sonnon all use test under a doctor’s supervision.

Marquardt’s suspension is especially hilarious since his excuse was “I wasn’t killing it in Training so they gave me a boost. It just didn’t come down in time. I know that sounds EXACTLY like using a PED, but there were white coats and prescription pads involved so its not.”

Also, when I meant Hendo was “well muscled”, which in addition to being a poor word choice I now realize it reads vaguely gay, I was thinking in comparison to Royce Gracie (also got Busted) or the Diaz Bros. I also somewhat question the “medical necessity” definition of someone who has competed at the international level in wrestling and MMA continuously. I suspect “TRT” has been part of the Hendo/Sonnen training regime for much longer than the diagnosis and Rx documentation states.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Robert A wrote:
If it was a modeling comp than Gina would never have got away with not making weight every other event. That really was a fight between “dedicated fighter” and “really tough pretty girl that wants to be an actress at this point”. [/quote]

Not disagreeing with your point here.

I just found quite intriguing and frustrating around that time how people were worried that Cyborg would crush Gina’s face. Even after the fight, I remember the commenters saying, ‘‘thanks god, she’s didn’t pummel her face too much!’’ To me hearing this kind of stuff made me shake my head. You would have thought that we were in some kind of beauty competition.

Of course, Gina’s face was a tool to make female MMA friendly and accessible to wannabe female fighters. But to me, It is not about being a pretty face. It’s MMA. It’s BRUTAL, it’s BLOODY, and it’s RAW. And that’s what Cyborg represents. And this is also why she is mostly disliked. She is not pretty but when she gets into the ring, she has one goal; to destroy the girl standing in the other corner. If girls start worrying about getting their face smashed during a fight because they want to look good all the time, then what is the point of being a fighter in the first place?

Meh, ignore me, just ranting, haha :slight_smile:

[/quote]

2 points:

1.) If wanting to be pretty makes female fighters keep their guard up than I am fine with it. The funny thing is Chris Santos usually takes less of a beating than her opponents, even if they are more “worried” about staying pretty.

2.) There is a beauty in how she moves in the ring. I respect her for her abilities. It would be difficult for me to give less of a damn how fuckable a married woman whom I will never meet and would likely not be interested in me she were single, is. I do care about watching good FIGHTERS do their thing.

Regards,

Robert A

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[/quote]

^
Awesome fight. I was at the edge of my feet that night. Cyborg is a fucking machine and damn, like you said, the way she moves in the ring is just totally incredible. She just keeps on coming at you. She’s unstoppable.

I’m a bit annoyed by what I read about her over the years and what I still read now. Yes, she is a cheat. She’s got caught. I hate drugs and I’m fucking angry she did it.

However, there was never another one like her before she joined StrikeForce. People were used to see soft, ‘feminine’ fighters. Cyborg has big biceps, big shoulders, and yes, she ain’t a pretty face (nice smile though). I always felt that, back then, to some people, it never mattered that she was quite technical, tactical and dedicated. What seemed to offend them was that she looked and fought like a man.

To me that’s fucking ignorant and that irks me. Just because a woman has muscle doesn’t mean she is fucking juicing. With a good strict diet, I can keep lean, muscular and vascular for nearly a year. Done that in the past. Of course I’ve also got good genetics so when I gain mass, my biceps and shoulders get impressively massive. And hell yeah, I will be called a fucking man by ignorant people and they will think I use steroids. Same shit happened with Cyborg when she entered the Strike Force scene. Personally, I don’t think she was using back then. Watching her old fights again, she looked quite soft in certain area. Even in the fight above.

But it doesn’t matter now that she has been caught because it has reinforced what some people suspected for a long time. Cyborg just didn’t correspond to the standards. Whether she’d recently started using, whether it was her first time using or not, people don’t give a fuck. She has always looked like a man, hence she’s always been a steroids freak.

Hearing/reading this kinda shit from people, especially those who are into sport and fitness make me shake my head. You would think you’re dealing with the ignorant average joe. I even had an argument with a friend of mine who is a kickboxing coach. The guy’s got two female fighters with similar build as Santos and I asked him if he thought his girls were juiced too.

A male fighter would give any reason for his steroids use and they’d cut him some slack. But because cyborg wasn’t miss Pretty or miss Soft, just because she IS Cyborg , hell yeah, let’s crucify that muscly- man - looking witch!

Fuck, I’m still ranting. Excuse the wall of words.

I’m off to bed.

RE: Cyborg’s cold reception

I just don’t hold that while other world class female athletes are allowed/expected to have bodies that reflect the amount of training they do it is somehow expected in female MMA for them to look like pin-ups.

Chris Cyborg had/has a physique consistent with someone who trains like a dedicated athlete first and foremost. Knocking her for being too lean/muscled when most 145 pound fighters ARE lean makes about as much sense as critiquing Olympic level female gymnasts as being too flat chested and not curvy enough.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

Fuck, I’m still ranting. Excuse the wall of words.

I’m off to bed.

[/quote]

Pleasant dreams to you Madame Ninjaa.

Regards,

Robert A

Hell yeah, that looks like someone on Steroids.

That pic is from 2009.

And even back then she was still called a fucking steroid freak. A fucking man.

[quote]Robert A wrote:
RE: Cyborg’s cold reception

I just don’t hold that while other world class female athletes are allowed/expected to have bodies that reflect the amount of training they do it is somehow expected in female MMA for them to look like pin-ups.

Chris Cyborg had/has a physique consistent with someone who trains like a dedicated athlete first and foremost. Knocking her for being too lean/muscled when most 145 pound fighters ARE lean makes about as much sense as critiquing Olympic level female gymnasts as being too flat chested and not curvy enough. [/quote]

Eloquently put :slight_smile:

Much better than my rant above.

[quote]Robert A wrote:

Pleasant dreams to you Madame Ninjaa.

[/quote]

I thank you, Sir :slight_smile:

I gotta laugh at this.

My mother has always been built like cyborg and was never an athlete. She kept that condition into her mid 50’s and always got the same s–t about her build. I can only imagine how intimidating it must be for a weak little pansy of a “man” to see a woman who can outwork him physically and probably beat his ass if she had to. Genetics, what a bitch! :slight_smile:

Cyborg’s a female Fedor, just a relentless fighter and a pleasure to watch, Winstrol or not. All the male MMA wannabes out there only wish they had half her balls.

The CSAC is yet another useless mafia bureaucracy built on the backs of athletes who get screwed at every turn.

Regarding Nate Marquadt and his “TRT”

I’ve always wondered what the athletic commission’s rulings are on that. Do they have their own individual measures of what’s acceptable, or is it based off the normal range for testosterone?

Because fuck you, if I was an athlete with a career riding on my performance in the ring/cage, and my test was taking a dip, I’d for sure get on TRT and get the doctor to make sure my levels are at the TOP of the normal range, even if that’s more than I ever produced naturally.

I dont think that Chris cyborg looks any different from
female wrestlers or Gymnasts
or track and field - at the top level.

that get punched in the face.
:slight_smile: see- the smiley face means I am kidding.

what bothers me about the whole thing
as well as Baroni, Sherk, Marquardt Vitor , Randleman etc
is that they ‘pretend’ to blame it on supplements

just fess up and say - yes I took X
I am sorry to let down fans.
take your fine, suspension etc and
come back when they are over

part 2

for those who are going to condone or encourage PED use while its
both illegal in the US and against most sports commissions
and it is just part of competing at the top

why adopt the attitude of orgs like CSAS are evil
take what ever-
cheat what ever
risk getting caught ejected suspended etc.
should all be just a part of it too.

as for TRT
if you are an MMA athlete in your early 30’s or late 20’s
who is as fit as these guys are- and not having health complecations
its abuse.

It’s not Cyborg’s body that gives away her use of steroids, it’s her face:

Even though Winstrol is one of the lesser androgenic AAS.

Also i don’t see why sexism comes into this. Yeah she has a body “unique” to most female MMA fighters so if she gets caught people are gonna say, “yep obvisouly juiced”. But then it would be the same if someone like Rousimar Palhares or Anthony Johnson get popped “see, yeah they don’t look natural like Nick Diaz and/or BJ Penn” etc…

Plus, man i was watching the Joe Rogan podcast, and they showed video of her during her first fight and now… holy, she went from being a soft, slight, smooth female to a lumpy, bumpy, veiny BEAST. Not suggesting that training and right diet couldn’t do that… but we know she aint averse to using PEDs if given the chance, so why give her the benefit of the doubt? FUCK HER!

PS, DarkNinjaa, you have nince boobies

[quote]Robert A wrote:
WyldFlower,

I am pretty sure Hendo, Marquardt, and Sonnon all use test under a doctor’s supervision.

Marquardt’s suspension is especially hilarious since his excuse was “I wasn’t killing it in Training so they gave me a boost. It just didn’t come down in time. I know that sounds EXACTLY like using a PED, but there were white coats and prescription pads involved so its not.”

Also, when I meant Hendo was “well muscled”, which in addition to being a poor word choice I now realize it reads vaguely gay, I was thinking in comparison to Royce Gracie (also got Busted) or the Diaz Bros. I also somewhat question the “medical necessity” definition of someone who has competed at the international level in wrestling and MMA continuously. I suspect “TRT” has been part of the Hendo/Sonnen training regime for much longer than the diagnosis and Rx documentation states.

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

Did Sonnen use it under a doctor’s supervision? From what i remember, he got caught with high test, then spun the story out that it was synthetic test he needed for hypogonadism and scrambled around looking for a doctor to unconvincingly back-up his story, which the commission was never fully convinced about. And he still insists “i didn’t break the rules, the issue was DISCLOSURE”. Patently not true - which is why he almost had his suspension extended cos the commission didn’t liek what he was saying.

And yeah - the whole “hypogonadism” thing is a VERY controversial area, on shaky grouds medically, and the athletics commissions are scrambling to deal with ti as they go along - as in, most of them have never really had an official stand on it. Unlike WADA and Olympic testing bodies wehre ANY external testosterone supplementation is outright banned

[quote]WyldFlower wrote:
[/quote]

LOL!

Erm… well, thank you.

[quote]WyldFlower wrote:

Also i don’t see why sexism comes into this. Yeah she has a body “unique” to most female MMA fighters so if she gets caught people are gonna say, “yep obvisouly juiced”. But then it would be the same if someone like Rousimar Palhares or Anthony Johnson get popped “see, yeah they don’t look natural like Nick Diaz and/or BJ Penn” etc…

Plus, man i was watching the Joe Rogan podcast, and they showed video of her during her first fight and now… holy, she went from being a soft, slight, smooth female to a lumpy, bumpy, veiny BEAST. Not suggesting that training and right diet couldn’t do that… but we know she aint averse to using PEDs if given the chance, so why give her the benefit of the doubt? FUCK HER!

[/quote]

I’m not really disputing the fact that she ain’t a user. My issue is with people in the combat/sport/fitness circle who said she’s been using for years, that she was juicing even when she got into StrikeForce. And the reason? Her manly face, her manly moves, her uber aggressiveness. Ignorant bullshit!

I know some girls, who are unfortunate to have strong jaws but come on, ignoring the fact that a woman can be quite powerful and skilled in combat and knocking her out just because she ain’t a stunner in the look department, seriously is kinda a backward, especially coming from educated combat trainers and trainees. I should expect this kind of comment from Simon at the bar, checking out some StrikeForce fights in the pub.

And yes, I agree, I saw her recent pics, she has definitely changed. She is quite lean, all right, vascular and all. You either look like that natty or not. Santos chose the drug route unfortunately. Big shame really. I’d wished she’d just come clean instead of making up lies. Serve the ban and then come back stronger, baby.

And when she makes a bit of effort, make-up wise, she doesn’t look all that bad, really.

She is still a pretty woman to me. I’d hit it. And let it hit me back. HAHAHA!!

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]WyldFlower wrote:
[/quote]

LOL!

Erm… well, thank you.

[quote]WyldFlower wrote:

[/quote]

I’m not really disputing the fact that she ain’t a user. My issue is with people in the combat/sport/fitness circle who said she’s been using for years, that she was juicing even when she got into StrikeForce. And the reason? Her manly face, her manly moves, her uber aggressiveness. Ignorant bullshit!

I know some girls, who are unfortunate to have strong jaws but come on, ignoring the fact that a woman can be quite powerful and skilled in combat and knocking her out just because she ain’t a stunner in the look department, seriously is kinda a backward, especially coming from educated combat trainers and trainees. I should expect this kind of comment from Simon at the bar, checking out some StrikeForce fights in the pub.

And yes, I agree, I saw her recent pics, she has definitely changed. She is quite lean, all right, vascular and all. You either look like that natty or not. Santos chose the drug route unfortunately. Big shame really. I’d wished she’d just come clean instead of making up lies. Serve the ban and then come back stronger, baby.
[/quote]

Yeah it’s hard to “timeline” these pictures but i guess this is an earlier picture of her cos of her husband’s hair?

http://www.tatame.com/imagensup/4990/1234707885.g.jpg

Maybe i’m way off and seeing something that isn’t there… and she always had “manly” features. It’s hard to tell. In fact, it’s hard to say anything. She does have a physique which betrays a higher level of testoterone than the average chick - whether that’s due to exogenous use or not - well people are BOUND to speculate at this point.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
And when she makes a bit of effort, make-up wise, she doesn’t look all that bad, really.

She is still a pretty woman to me. I’d hit it. And let it hit me back. HAHAHA!![/quote]

Uhm…eh…wot, like tribbing?

I think people say she used for years
is that most AAS and other PED are completely legal in Brazil

[quote]WyldFlower wrote:

Yeah it’s hard to “timeline” these pictures but i guess this is an earlier picture of her cos of her husband’s hair?

http://www.tatame.com/imagensup/4990/1234707885.g.jpg

Maybe i’m way off and seeing something that isn’t there… and she always had “manly” features. It’s hard to tell. In fact, it’s hard to say anything. She does have a physique which betrays a higher level of testoterone than the average chick - whether that’s due to exogenous use or not - well people are BOUND to speculate at this point.
[/quote]

Man, you know quite well how to find ugly pics of my Cyborg. I hate you :slight_smile:

But on a serious note, I can see why people would have their doubt about her based on that pic. She does look quite manly there.

[quote]WyldFlower wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

She is still a pretty woman to me. I’d hit it. And let it hit me back. HAHAHA!![/quote]

Uhm…eh…wot, like tribbing?[/quote]

Rofl!

Something like that, yea…

She looks quite womanly in this interview. Nice smile @ 4.19

Seriously, she really didn’t need the steroids. She’strong and powerful enough to win. I guess to remain on top, some athletes have to resort to drug. Fucking idiots.