Confess Your Cringiest Workout Song

Usually, I flip between any of a variety of danceable genres, keeps me focused, I think the beat helps sync up the nervous system for good technique, and I like to bop around between sets.

But when I’m trying to set a squat PR, it’s time to break out the cringe:

My deadlift PR song is Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine, my press PR song is Gonna Fly Now (Theme from Rocky) - Bill Conti, and bench doesn’t have a PR song.

I also had a great workout recently listening to the Pelennor Fields chapter from Phil Dragash’s audiobook of the Lord of the Rings. Nothing like courage and honor to stir the training spirit.

2 Likes

Nothing cringey about this song…

4 Likes

I would have to say this one is it, though I certainly have less cool songs. I am so not down with the objectification of women and other suggestions of poor character on display in the song, but that beat! It’s all just so catchy and energizing.

I do take a second to be disappointed in myself each time it plays and I turn it up, however.

2 Likes

Cringiest?

As a child of the 70/80’s -

Twisted Sisters “Stay Hungry” is an underrated banger.

1 Like

REO Speedwagon.

2 Likes

Riding the Storm Out is tits.

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s cringe, but “Born to be Alive” usually surprises people when it pops up on my weight room playlist.

2 Likes

Ahhhhh I love this movie!!!

1 Like