Comedy Central Sucks

I thought both episodes were hilarious 200 and 201, the beeps in 201 I thought the beeps were part of the joke and made the episode more enjoyable.

they have already shown muhammed in an earlier season and nothing happened, whats changed?

If it’s true, I bet it was CAIR that threatened them. Too many people in this country are getting soft, (some so soft that they grow little bitch titties) and are willing to sacrifice principles this country was built on, for political correctness.

Check this out.

A Statement from Matt and Trey

“In the 14 years we’ve been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn’t stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn’t some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle’s customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn’t mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We’ll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we’ll see what happens to it.”

Ya know wats ghey they arent even playing fucken reruns of the episode id i didnt record the premiere at 10 o clock and set the 12 o clock to record it was a rerun from 2 Weeks ago, they always rerun the episode that aired at 10 at the later slots WTF…

I’m not sure if it’s censored or not (just about to watch it) but www.allsp.com tends to be a pretty good website for watching south park

edit
the word Muhammad wasn’t censored but it had the black box over him in episode 200 and 201 had been removed :confused:

[quote]demonthrall wrote:
If it’s true, I bet it was CAIR that threatened them. Too many people in this country are getting soft, (some so soft that they grow little bitch titties) and are willing to sacrifice principles this country was built on, for political correctness.[/quote]

x2.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Mettahl wrote:
Fine, then hold a vote in the office. Hand out papers that have “do you care for America and its values? Check yes or no.” If at least 75% of the building say yes, then you show the episode uncensored. The ones who check “no” can go on paid leave for a few weeks until it all blows over. This would also let them know who to sneer at in the office later on for being a pussy.[/quote]

Are you in high school?[/quote]

Hilarious and powerful argument there: everyone over 18 suddenly turns into a bitch, saying “fuck off” to the rights of their country and following FOREIGN law because they are scared. That makes complete sense. Lets go ahead and look through the Qur’an for some more laws that we can follow. You might want to get your mat out soon; the noon call to prayer is only a few hours away.

I thought you served in the military, X. I talked to three service members yesterday about the episode and they were all pissed off about it. You would think that with the time that you devoted to your country, presumably because you believe in it’s values, you wouldn’t be saying this shit.

Let’s get one thing clear first, we are talking about radical Muslims here. Although I was born into the religion, I know nothing of it. However the people around me never once caused harm because of what they believed in.

I don’t understand how everyone here can falter back their rights that this country was based on. Although I understand the networks decision to protect it’s employees, this country has a right to freedom of speech. Comedy Central bleeped the Muhammad episode because we were afraid of an attack, yet the middle east can show on national television of them celebrating 9/11 the fall of the twin towers with no one saying anything?

^ makes you think perhaps it time to stop fucking with the middle east.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
“In the 14 years we’ve been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn’t stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn’t some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle’s customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn’t mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We’ll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we’ll see what happens to it.”[/quote]

Just watched the show on my DVR. After having read this thread, I knew the bleeps weren’t originally part of the episode, but I was wondering if the ending speeches from Kyle and Santa were. Stan’s reaction at the end tied the joke together so perfectly that I was convinced it was on purpose. Guess not =/

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:
Let’s get one thing clear first, we are talking about radical Muslims here. Although I was born into the religion, I know nothing of it. However the people around me never once caused harm because of what they believed in.

I don’t understand how everyone here can falter back their rights that this country was based on. Although I understand the networks decision to protect it’s employees, this country has a right to freedom of speech. Comedy Central bleeped the Muhammad episode because we were afraid of an attack, yet the middle east can show on national television of them celebrating 9/11 the fall of the twin towers with no one saying anything?[/quote]

Exactly right.

On a side note, terrorist attacks are very rare here compared to Europe. I’m wondering what’s the biggest factor in that. There’s the fact that we don’t share as many borders as European countries, so it’s easier for our government to keep watch. Then there’s the fact that there are a lot of radical individuals all over this country that have access to legal weaponry, and they’re just waiting for something to push them over the edge.

Aside from the obvious loss of two of the coolest people in this country, one other big reason that I hope that nothing happens in retaliation towards Matt and Trey, is that this would become a very dangerous country for law-abiding Muslims. I think thoughts like that keep a lot of violence in check. I mean just look at how people here think. After 9/11, people (including cops and airport security) were using racial profiling to an extreme degree. People are fickle, and suspicion, even in a very sane and down to Earth individual, can easily turn into violence given enough fuel. I think that if a radical Muslim were to pull off an attack like that, he would be screwing over everyone else in the country that was any color between white and black.

Worst part is I missed it on the original air and was told it would rerun Thursday @ 10:30…No such luck

Jon Stewart from the daily show’s comment about south park being censored.

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:

Pretty much.

Why you think these people are deserving of free speech is beyond me. You give up your right to free speech when you stifle someone elses right to free speech.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:

Pretty much.

Why you think these people are deserving of free speech is beyond me. You give up your right to free speech when you stifle someone elses right to free speech.[/quote]

If anything, I think that implying a threat should be a crime. It’s still a threat, they’re just wording it in a way that prevents them from getting in trouble. They’re basically saying “hey, you better cut that out or ‘someone’ will hurt you. Look at this other guy that ‘someone’ hurt. It would be a shame if that happened to you as well.” That’s a fucking death threat. Jail those ass holes.

[quote]Mettahl wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:

Pretty much.

Why you think these people are deserving of free speech is beyond me. You give up your right to free speech when you stifle someone elses right to free speech.[/quote]

If anything, I think that implying a threat should be a crime. It’s still a threat, they’re just wording it in a way that prevents them from getting in trouble. They’re basically saying “hey, you better cut that out or ‘someone’ will hurt you. Look at this other guy that ‘someone’ hurt. It would be a shame if that happened to you as well.” That’s a fucking death threat. Jail those ass holes.[/quote]

You are just forgetting that this is the truth, and you are allowed to say the truth, no matter what anyone else perceives it as.

You piss off enough Muslims, you mighht die.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Mettahl wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:

Pretty much.

If anything, I think that implying a threat should be a crime. It’s still a threat, they’re just wording it in a way that prevents them from getting in trouble. They’re basically saying “hey, you better cut that out or ‘someone’ will hurt you. Look at this other guy that ‘someone’ hurt. It would be a shame if that happened to you as well.” That’s a fucking death threat. Jail those ass holes.[/quote]

You are just forgetting that this is the truth, and you are allowed to say the truth, no matter what anyone else perceives it as.

[/quote]

There’s an obvious line there. I know you know that. Snidely saying “it would be a shame if YOU had to die” is completely different than matter-of-factly saying “people have died from this before.”

[quote]Mettahl wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Mettahl wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:

Pretty much.

[/quote]

There’s an obvious line there. I know you know that. Snidely saying “it would be a shame if YOU had to die” is completely different than matter-of-factly saying “people have died from this before.”[/quote]

It’s the same thing.

If you didn’t know, if YOU made some very public display of Muslim satire that offended many of them, YOU could die potentially.

I agree, that sucks. I agree that you should not simply bend any time you are challenged, but when it comes to the protection of those who simply work at the same place as those who did the cartoon, the choice is pretty clear.

You don’t have the right to toy around with other people’s lives like that…which is why family was brought up. That is why I asked if you were in high school…because someone who actually had a wife and kids would likely not be so free to think they can just say whatever they want whenever they want.

I also agree completely with John Stewart.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
You don’t have the right to toy around with other people’s lives like that…which is why family was brought up. That is why I asked if you were in high school…because someone who actually had a wife and kids would likely not be so free to think they can just say whatever they want whenever they want.[/quote]

Holy shit lol, I would hope that it wouldn’t have to be assumed that I would be married and with kids right out of high school. That’s for way later on. You’re right about me being alone though. I don’t plan on getting tied down until later on, and I live in a dorm room hours from my family. That being said, I can see why people would want to keep their families safe by not saying things to provoke others. I would gladly piss off a radical [insert group] and face his “retribution” with a pistol in hand, but I wouldn’t want to make my future wife do the same in my absence. This is the young single people’s fight, I guess.