Classic Characters from T Nation

Well i do know that soon after Meat got heavily involved with a forum at a start up site.

That’s the one!

1 Like

Ah, Curioser and Curioser!

meat came back onto the over 35 site awhile back for a week or 2 and that was it.

I remember that. Eh, maybe it’s just not his cup of tea anymore.

1 Like

Of course the guy new he would win the bet. Who doesn’t know what they can and cannot do? I recall when it came time to do it, then post the video, the guy said he thought about tanking it so Meat wouldn’t need to leave (the term of the bet) but in the end his pride wouldn’t let him.

Afterword, the guy asked Meat not to leave but Meat said something to the effect of needing an excuse to make an exit anyway.

I wish Meat has stuck around but if there was a reason for him to self impose an exile, it was not for this bet, it was for claiming he could run a 6 minute mile. I’m still waiting for that video.

2 Likes

That was such a ridiculous event on here. Plenty of disagreements occur in discussions, but at the end of the day, It’s just an online forum.

S

3 Likes

I liked the guy for some time and we had some thoughtful PM’s with one another. Towards the end of his stay he had these random drive-by brag posts about recent romps that had me literally SMH.

1 Like

Yes, that guy was great!

1 Like

Paragon?

S

1 Like

He helped me a TON back in the day. I got into emailing him when I started into DC training. He spent a lot of time on me and was basically giving me online coaching for free for a while. I need to go back through those emails.

2 Likes

Push was a nice guy in real life. He came to my house and shared a meal and some beer years back when he was passing through Tennessee.

2 Likes

As others have already noted, Meat is one of the others I miss. He also helped me out a lot over the years.

Edit: Stormthebeach was another guy with great knowledge and a willingness to help. His “Westside” threads were awesome. I think he’s a lifting coach of some sort now.

1 Like

I remember him, can’t remember the name but dude looked great! Think he was Aussie from memory?

I’m sure he was interesting to hang out with. He is very intelligent and well-written.

That doesn’t jive with what I remember. In his last couple of years here, Push had one girlfriend and he was done with his romping ways.

@BrickHead was gone for a while, too. He may have missed Push’s switch to monogamy.

2 Likes

Push had a younger looking dude in alll those swinger pics, then turned out to look a lot older when divorced. Made story suspect.

C’mon it’s the net - l’m really Bill Gates and secretly dig the iron game, don’t tell wifey

1 Like

I mean, I remember seeing a laptop with TNation opened to the current conversation resting on the bare asses of two naked, attractive (at least body-wise) young women. There were a lot of photos of Push, both with and without others, and they were consistent in my view. Several people have met him.

I think it was real (the swinging) and I also think it destroyed his life, at least temporarily.

1 Like

The swinging was real, or it was definitely bragged about enough with his gf to make be feel like it it would be better if I didn’t meet up with them when they came up this way. Even a freak like me gets weirded out.

1 Like