Chris Velocity Program

Decided I want to try this. Exercising and trying to control my diet is not working and never really has. I can get down to 280 lbs on my own but never seem to be able to push through. Hopefully this will push me beyond that. Generally do more cardio than lifting. Currently doing bodyweight exercises through Arnolds Pump app. Reading the posts on here led me to a old workout program that went with the Velocity Diet. Any chance someone has that and can send it to me?
I really do not have the time to search through all the posts to find what Im looking for so I will ask.

1. Ordered my kit today so I will probably not receive it until next week. Probably have enough Metabolic Drive to see me through but no supplements. Going to start today. Should I wait?
  2. Has anyone used fiber with their shakes?
    Had my first shake at 9 am. Plan on 1 pm, 5 pm, dinner at 8, 11;30 pm. I work 2nd shift.
    290 lbs
    Left Bicep 17 in.
    Right Bicep 17 in.
    Chest 48 in.
    Waist 1in below 46in.
    Navel 49
    1 in above 49.5
    Thigh left 26.5
    Thigh right 26.5
1 Like

I’ve messaged you the older workouts that were part of the V-Diet plan. Don’t get too caught up in them however. Just focus on lifting consistently rather than a very specific lifting plan.

Since the core of the V-Diet is Metabolic Drive, you could get started earlier if you’re feeling motivated.

If you’d like to add a little fiber, sugar-free Metamucil or generic equivalent (psyllium) is fine.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Chris

1 Like

First day is done and I felt good all day. Woke up a few times at night to use the bathroom. Feeling hungry during the night and this morning. Lights out at midnight and up at 6:30. Never have been a long sleeper, 8 hours is usually the longest I can get. Will walk before my first shake today. Managed 1.76 miles in 31 min so there is some improvement there. I will do a bodyweight workout this afternoon. Might change that up next week but for the first week I will try to not make too many drastic changes to focus on staying true to the diet.
Stress 3
Hunger Control 7
Mood 8
Progress 9
I do have pics I took yesterday and will try to get them up today.
Yesterday I had 29,000 steps on my polar vantage watch. I know this metric is way off and I feel comfortable cutting this in half to 14,000. Generally, avg. 10,000 plus a day during the week. Could this be a problem in so far as doing to much? Using three scoops for my shake and my dinner was around 800 calories.

1 Like

Is Stevia ok to use?

You can never really overdo walking. No worries.

1 Like

Sure.

Day two is completed and I definetly had some hunger issues around 60 min. before my shake. Also had a mild headache throughout the day. Stayed true to the plan but still had bathroom trips through the night. Will try switching to pudding to help with this. Did my walk around the same time and distance, just a little slower. Have been experiencing some aches in my shins but this should disappear. Did not get my workout in so todays the day. Will have my first shake before the walk and workout.
Stress 5
Hunger Control 6
Mood 6
Progress 7

Day 3 started out kind of slow. Feeling sluggish but the headache is gone. My walk was slower than yesterday. Did my bodyweight workout and that really energized my day. I did get my heartrate higher than I was hoping for while doing lunges. Having my first shake before exercise did seem to help with my hunger.
Switching to the pudding definitely helped my sleep, around 7 hours with one bathroom trip. So far, I feel really good, but my focus seems to be off a little probably due to the low carbs. Hopefully this will get better.
I did step on the scale yesterday and I am happy with the result so far. I usually weigh myself on Fridays so I will post my weight then.
Stress 4
Hunger 4
Mood 8
Progress 10

1 Like

Doing awesome, man! Look at that change in your hunger rating just hanging in for another day. It will get to a point in a few days where you’re just fine with this pattern - keep on keeping on!

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement

1 Like

Great idea with the MD pudding. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Thanks Chris

1 Like

Stepped on the scale today and I’m down to 277 lbs. WOW!!! Was down 10 on Wednesday. I know a lot is water weight, but this is so much easier than anything else I have tried. I have to make it through the weekend, with pics and measurements coming Monday. I did receive my shipment yesterday, so I have all the supplements now to. Thanks for the prompt shipping

2 Likes

Day 4 was pretty good. Did 1.75 miles on my walk in 30 minutes. I have been feeling dehydrated today, so I did have some G. Zero to try and compensate. Water seems to run right through me. I still have hunger between shakes, but it is manageable. I also noticed my zone pasta seems to be keeping my hunger at bay for the four hours its designed for. When I left work, I was not feeling hungry but figured I should stick to the three scoops for the first week.
Stress 3
Hunger 3
Mood 10
Progress 10
I will work Sat. day shift tomorrow so I will not post again until Sunday

2 Likes

First week is in the books and I feel good about my progress. 12 lbs in one week, 278lbs this morning. After work on Friday I went home had my shake and in bed by 12. Woke up at 5:45 and had two scoops in my coffee. Started work at 7 am and felt pretty good. I had a 3 scoop pudding at break and lunch. Hoping to keep my calories up as working two shifts in 24 hours is tough. Felt good so I stayed the whole shift. The past two weeks I left at 1 pm because of fatigue. I have noticed that I am more energetic at work and lighter on my feet. Believe I waited to long for my dinner as I had around 1000 calories. Later I had my shake and caved in and had some apples and peanut butter. I also had a bag of microwave popcorn (bad chice due to salt content). I did not walk due to bad weather.
Sunday I woke up and felt bloated all day and still do today. Was true to the diet Sunday and had a Salad/Baked Salmon/Carrots and Apples. I did have one piece of Bread with Olivio.
My walk was again 1.75 miles in 30 min. Hopefully this will get better as I drop weight. I have a artificial knee and I am having some aches.
1 Can I substitute a indoor bike ride for my walk? I have a smart trainer.
2 Every other day?
3 My HR is around 95 BPM walking. Should I use this as my guide? This would be Zone 1 according to polar. Zone 2 would allow me to raise my HR to 110 as compensation.
Did my bodyweight program and my HR was elevated due to salt/fatigue.
Weight 278
Left Bicep 16.5 Right 16.5
Left Thigh 26 Right 26
Chest 47.5
Waist Navel 48, 1 inch above 45, 1 inch below 49
Thats a loss of 1 inch in a week. Pretty good in my book but I have a long way to go

1 Like

1 Like