Chris Velocity Program

Monday was a very good day. Felt energetic most of the day. I did try some instant coffee with my afternoon shake but really did not like it. Instant caffeine and instant crash. My dinner was a salad with low fat dressing and olive oil. Chili Mac with zone pasta, 2 oz grilled chicken breast and a medium apple. Might have been too much for a non-workout day. Shakes at 8:30, 12:30, 4:30, dinner at 8 and my pudding at 11:30. Thats around 2000 calories which is easily 1 to 2 thousand calories I’m not eating everyday.
My walk was 30 min for 1.65 miles.
Stress 2
Hunger Control 9
Mood 9
Progress 10

1 Like

Could not post yesterday due to time. Stayed true to the diet on Tuesday and did my bodyweight program, but I did not walk. Knee still aches so I figured I would give it a break. Otherwise, a good day. Some hunger, but I am more in tune with my body because of doing this.
Yesterday was very busy in the morning, and then I did yard work for about three hours. I haven’t done something like that all year. I always thought it was not being in shape was preventing me from being my old self so I needed to workout more. Turns out, losing 15 lbs is the key. Emptied the tank on energy doing that and I never really recovered until I ate dinner at 8 pm. Feeling tired this morning so hopefully my workout will pick me up.
Stress 4
Hunger Control 8
Mood 8
Progress 9

1 Like

Weighed in today at 275. Hooray, still dropping. Will have to add a notch to my weight loss belt next week. My workout yesterday definitely picked me up. I added two more sets for my upper body. Unfortunately, I stopped the walks until my knee is over the aches. Will get on the bike tomorrow and hopeful that will help with my recovery. Staying true to the diet but did allow some poppyseed dressing with my dinner. Skipped the olive oil to compensate.
Stress 2
Hunger 4
Mood 10
Progress 10

1 Like

Something I’ve done in the past is a progressive ROM on the bike. So I’ll start with the seat really high and then move it down in increments session to session as my knee feels better. I use swelling/ soreness as my guide.

Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Swooped to N.C. Sunday for a memorial service on Monday. 750 miles in less than 12 hours and I Mountain biked the local trail when I arrived. Only 5 miles but a good ride after sitting all day. Metabolic Drive definitely helped in that regard as I only had pudding through the day. Limited my water intake and only had 4 stops. Brought my own dinner so I stayed true to the diet. Monday and Tuesday were a different story. Still had pudding but my dinners could have been better. My sleep was terrible Sunday night, and I was up at 4 am on Monday. This probably led to some poor choices so I’m going to wait until Friday to weigh in and do my measurements.
Stress 5
Hunger 5
Mood 8
Progress ?

1 Like

Yesterday was a good day. Back on track with a 30 min indoor bike ride before my first shake. Did my bodyweight program before my second shake at 1 pm. Third shake at 4:30 and dinner at 8 pm. Zone Pasta, HM salsa, taco meat and a little cheese. Mixed vegetables also. Pudding at 11:30, slept from 12 to 7:30.
Stress 2
Hunger4
Mood 8
Progress 8

1 Like

Thursday was another a good day on the diet. Shakes at 8:30, 12;30, 4:30 and pudding at 11:30. Dinner was zone pasta, 4 oz. chicken breast, 2 Tbs. poppyseed dressing and mixed veges. I did not cycle/walk as I did 2 hours of yard work.
Stepped on the scale this morning and I’m at 276. Disappointing, but something I expected. Motivation for the weekend, and I will recheck on Monday.
Stress 3
Hunger 4
Mood 7
Progress 5

Stayed true to the diet over the weekend except Sat. where I drank alcohol. Went to the fights in Detroit and had a great time. Weekends have been very challenging. If I try this again in the future, I will try to have a four-week block to focus strictly on the diet. Rest day on Sunday with only shopping and food prep for the week. Feel recharged and ready to have a great week. 274 Lbs this morning.
Stress 3
Hunger 5
Mood 8
Progress 7

Yesterday was a good day. 3 scoop shakes at 8:30, 12:30, 4:30, dinner was tossed salad with romaine, cucumber, pepper, tomato. Low Fat Dressing. Zone pasta with Bolognese sauce and 4 oz ground beef (88/12). 3 scoop pudding at 11:30. Did not sleep great, 12 to 7 but lots of tossing and turning. Did my bodyweight routine but no walk or bike. Did walk for 30 min. today and my knee feels good. Moderate pace 18 min per mile.
Stress 5
Hunger 3
Mood 8
Progress 10

Stuck to my diet and plan yesterday. Dinner was tossed salad with low fat dressing, zone pasta, tuna salad, 2 oz cheese, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 tsp olive oil.
Feeling under the weather today so I only did my body weight routine. H.R. high and recovery between sets took longer. No walk or bike today.
stress 4
Hunger 2
Mood 7
Progress 10

Yesterday was another good day diet wise. Three shakes and pudding. Dinner was salad with low-fat dressing, 1 tsp. olive oil, zone pasta with Bolognese sauce and 4 3 oz 88/12 ground chuck. Looking forward to weighing in tomorrow. Might be time to cut back on the shakes next Monday.
Stress 5
Hunger 2
Mood 7
Progress 10

Yesterday was another a good day diet wise. Three shakes, pudding at night, and my dinner was the same as Tuesday. Weight is 273 lbs. Feels like more but my B.M. have been inconsistent. none yesterday. I have caught myself packing my scoops vs. just scooping. Difference of 35 grams vs 30 grams. I use the scale for my pasta and that little error of mine is an extra 200 calories a day. Not a big deal short term but could be a couple of pounds over a month. I am going to drop my pudding to 2.5 scoops(75 grams). Shakes will remain at 3 scoops.
Just rode my indoor trainer as I still feel down. H.R. still elevated. Taking Prednisone to dry out my sinus’s so my sleep is still off. Monday will be four weeks so I will measure and weigh again. Motivation for the weekend.
Stress 3
Hunger 2
Mood 7
Progress 7.5

Four weeks is completed and while I was not perfect, I did the best I could. Started at 290 and weighed in at 269 lbs this morning. Weekends were my biggest downfall. Something that will help me moving forward is that my stomach is actually smaller. Feel full sooner but I still have a problem with eating to quickly or in front of the idiot box. Dropped my shakes to 75 grams yesterday and I will try to continue with that this week. I will also switch a shake for some overnight oats/oatmeal while keeping my protein high a few times this week. Eating the pudding has elimainated my late night snacking after work. I will keep that up at 75 grams and if everything is good this week I will drop to 60 grams next week.
269 lbs
Left Bicep 16.5 Right 16.5
Chest 47
Waist 1 in. above 46 in. Navel 47 in. Below 48
Thighs 26 in.
Lost 2 inches in four weeks from the gut. Happy with that and my work pants hang on my hips more and will drop without my belt. Probably need to get the drill out and add another notch to my weight loose belt.
Thank you T-Nation for providing a path forward for my weight lose. Still have a long way to go and Metabolic Drive is my go to protein powder.

My right shoulder is shot and did not realize how much I compenasate. Im crooked.